Help with the build on the mage please!

shadowdance

Terrarian
Can you suggest which accessories would be suitable for killing a moon lord? Which accessories can be replaced and which ones can be removed altogether?
1711704334220.png

Destroyer emblem and Fishron wings are great, keep those.

Whether Arcane Flower is right for you depends on how you play, if it feels good to use then do not change it, if you want some other mana accessories try Celestial Cuffs or Magnet Flower but they both need the Celestial Magnet.
Celestial emblem is a good choice to go with your Arcane Flower, since the pickup range increase does not stack.

Terraspark boots are amazing for moving around in lava and other tough areas, but unless you plan on doing the fight over a pool of lava it is not as good as Amphibian Boots, if you feel like fishing fishing for the Frog Leg it is a better pick for combat situations because it makes you fly up faster.

Avenger Emblem could be replaced with a Sorcerer emblem for 3% more damage, but if you are using a stardust dragon or another damage type the Avenger emblem is a better option.

And Celestial Shell, it is an unusual choice but not a bad one, it gives a bit of everything which might be what you want, but if you feel like replacing one you should replace this one. If you want a protective accessory I recommend the Frozen Shield, it makes you immune to knockback and makes you take 1/4 less damage when you are below half of your health.

Good luck! Your accessories are fairly good right now, remember that you might also need to make a better arena or prepare better potions in order to win, your gear is not the only thing that makes you win :)

Overall this seems pretty solid. Celestial shell is absolutely not an unusual choice, it's fantastic on literally every single post-golem build since it's effectively an avenger emblem that also gives +4 defence and bonus life regeneration. If you want to swap accessories, don't remove this one.

I'd say your mobility might be a bit lacking, so I'd recommend swapping the avenger emblem for master ninja gear and the terraspark boots for the soaring insignia.

If you want a bit of extra survivability, the aforementioned frozen shield or a worm scarf/brain of confusion is useful. If you want to use either of those, I recommend getting rid of the destroyer emblem for it. Alternatively you can use them to replace the celestial emblem and use magnet flower instead of arcane flower (though if you do this, you can use shimmer to decraft stuff to avoid needing an extra magnet/mana flower)

For Moon Lord I'd probably recommend a LOT more defense and survivability, but that would require an almost complete loadout shift, so I'll just leave it at that.

To improve this one, I'd say it looks pretty good, but Arcane Flower seems odd; Is this a multiplayer playthrough? Putrid Scent tinkers don't have the damage and crit chance bonuses that the base item does, and in single player, the effect of Aggro Reduction is basically useless. Not much to replace it with, though; I'd have recommended Magnet Flower but you already have a magnet. I myself would replace Avenger Emblem (replace the Celestial Emblem if you're using minions on the side) with an Insignia for more mobility, as Fishron Wings + Boots are pretty limited on their own.

I'd recommend this loadout against anything that isn't Moon Lord, honestly, since even with Celestial Shell it's quite frail and Moon Lord is extremely unpredictable and very punishing.

What would you recommend replacing, what accessories to change, what upgrades to upgrade them on the goblin? I'm playing multiplayer with a friend, he has a shooter class.
1711798962848.png

Definitely use celestial shell instead of avenger emblem (it does basically the same thing for your damage and gives a bunch of other useful stats). Adding master ninja gear for a dash is also a great idea. If you do that I'd remove the sorcerer's emblem for it.

Spectre hood is also useless against moon lord (yes, I know you currently have mask equipped), so there's less reason to use spectre at all for the fight. I'd argue that hallowed armour would be better overall, but my favourite set to fight ML with as mage is spectre mask, valhalla knight's breastplate, and dark artist's leggings. Combining this with warding reforges and some additional defensive accessories makes you a lot less likely to die. My accessory setup for ML on my most recent mage playthrough was empress wings, soaring insignia, master ninja gear, celestial shell, worm scarf (though brain of confusion is good here too), celestial emblem, and destroyer emblem. However, I use hotkeys instead of a mana flower, so if you want one I'd swap out the celestial emblem for a magnet flower. It might also be worth it to use frozen shield instead of destroyer emblem for even more survivability.

Back
Top Bottom