tModLoader Helpful Hotkeys

This is easily one of my favorite mods. Truly and sincerely, I do thank you for this. Makes life soooo much easier. I haven't even used the Torch shortcut yet. Can't wait.

One qualm though. For some reason, the hotkey for the magic mirror that's bound to Home by default... whenever I change it, it only lasts for the duration that Terraria is open. When I restart Terraria, it's bound to Home again. But that doesn't seem to happen with the rest of the shortcut keys that were rebound. It's bizarre.

I have "Toggle Map Style" (Between full and mini) bound to Home already. So every time I try to open the full map, I go home. Bleh. :p

This is easily one of my favorite mods. Truly and sincerely, I do thank you for this. Makes life soooo much easier. I haven't even used the Torch shortcut yet. Can't wait.

One qualm though. For some reason, the hotkey for the magic mirror that's bound to Home by default... whenever I change it, it only lasts for the duration that Terraria is open. When I restart Terraria, it's bound to Home again. But that doesn't seem to happen with the rest of the shortcut keys that were rebound. It's bizarre.

I have "Toggle Map Style" (Between full and mini) bound to Home already. So every time I try to open the full map, I go home. Bleh. :p
That is really weird. You can look in Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\config.json and change it manually I guess, see if that makes it permanent. I just tried and my changes seemed to persist. I don't know...might be another mod messing with things, but I doubt that. Weird.

That is really weird. You can look in Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\config.json and change it manually I guess, see if that makes it permanent. I just tried and my changes seemed to persist. I don't know...might be another mod messing with things, but I doubt that. Weird.
I have just had a brilliant idea. A hotkey that toggles autopause. It saves me having to go into the settings menu while taking damage.

I have just had a brilliant idea. A hotkey that toggles autopause. It saves me having to go into the settings menu while taking damage.
New Release -- v1.3.2
~2 New Hotkeys~

1. Toggle Autopause
  2. Query Mod Origin -- press to identify which mod the item, tile, buff, npc, or wall the mouse cursor is pointing at. So many people have suggested this on the forum, so spread the word!

That's amazing! Thank you so much!

I feel embarrassed to ask this but I'm not exactly at home to test it out, but it's just such a great thing for people to have.... ..... is there an on-screen notification that Auto-pause has been toggled when the button is pressed?

That's amazing! Thank you so much!

I feel embarrassed to ask this but I'm not exactly at home to test it out, but it's just such a great thing for people to have.... ..... is there an on-screen notification that Auto-pause has been toggled when the button is pressed?
When you press the button, it will make a chat message telling you. Note that the hotkey toggles the setting, it doesn't pause, you still use escape to do that.

Has anyone got this mod working with the 1.3.1 update? I re-downloaded the mod loader but still no luck. I never realised how much I relied on this mod.

Has any one having difficulties loading up their world after installing Helpful Hotkeys?
Has anyone got this mod working with the 1.3.1 update? I re-downloaded the mod loader but still no luck. I never realised how much I relied on this mod.
I went through all my mods and updated the ones that needed an update. This one didn't. Are you positive the cause is this mod?

The mod loads but the keys do nothing. I have uninstalled it and reloaded it, but the keys haven't worked since the update.
Oh, you'll want to go into the keybind menu and set the buttons. You can use the reset button to get the defaults, but for various reasons, sometimes they aren't defaulted to be bound to a key.

Hello, I saw someone mentioning a Money Trough hotkey, is this something in progress ? Even though the "quick use any item" could be used for this particular item, but well, just wondering !o/

This is a really helpful mod! Though I have a few suggestions:

Firstly, can you make it so that the Swap Ammo hotkey ignores empty inventory slots? Let's say this is what's in my ammo slots now:
<empty> - Wooden Arrow - Frostburn Arrow - <empty>
Then I press the button and it turns into:
Wooden Arrow - Frostburn Arrow - <empty> - <empty>
I still shoot Wooden Arrows because as you can see they are still first on the list.
It would be better if it changed into:
<empty> - Frostburn Arrow - Wooden Arrow - <empty>
It's only a problem in the early-game when I don't have too many ammo types available, but it's still a problem.

Secondly, please add a delay for the Quick Stack to Chests hotkey. Right now (if I understand correctly) when I hold down the button it tries to Quick Stack every single tick which causes my FPS to drop down to 1. Adding a few ticks of delay should prevent that.

Lastly, it would be neat if you added a Sort Inventory hotkey as well.:happy:
Sorry if I'm overwhelming you with suggestions.

Last edited:
This is a really helpful mod! Though I have a few suggestions:

Firstly, can you make it so that the Swap Ammo hotkey ignores empty inventory slots? Let's say this is what's in my ammo slots now:
<empty> - Wooden Arrow - Frostburn Arrow - <empty>
Then I press the button and it turns into:
Wooden Arrow - Frostburn Arrow - <empty> - <empty>
I still shoot Wooden Arrows because as you can see they are still first on the list.
It would be better if it changed into:
<empty> - Frostburn Arrow - Wooden Arrow - <empty>
It's only a problem in the early-game when I don't have too many ammo types available, but it's still a problem.

Secondly, please add a delay for the Quick Stack to Chests hotkey. Right now (if I understand correctly) when I hold down the button it tries to Quick Stack every single tick which causes my FPS to drop down to 1. Adding a few ticks of delay should prevent that.

Lastly, it would be neat if you added a Sort Inventory hotkey as well.:happy:
Sorry if I'm overwhelming you with suggestions.
Hero's has a sort inventory hotkey.
I've added a delay.
I've fixed that undesired behavior for the cycle ammo
What about a quick RoD button if its in your inventory, or something like an equipment slot like the grapple?
Drum roll.....
just installed it and OMG its my new fav mod! Here's my hotkey idea, money trough :D thanks for your hard work
Drum roll.....
Hello, I saw someone mentioning a Money Trough hotkey, is this something in progress ? Even though the "quick use any item" could be used for this particular item, but well, just wondering !o/
Drum roll.....

TADAAAA
New Update: v1.4

• Fixed FPS drop with nearby chests hotkey
  • Fixed Cycle Ammo bug when you don't have 4 ammo stacks
  • New Hotkey: Quick Use Item #20
    • Easy way to instantly use the item you place on the second row's far right item slot.
    • Great for Money Trough or Rod of Discord! Try with Ice Rod too!

2 down, 11 to go.

Back
Top Bottom