Blocks & Decoration Holo Blocks and Platforms

Should projectiles collide with Holo Blocks?

• Yes, they should collide with them.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No, they should pass through.

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
These would be a variant of Echo Blocks crafted with Echo Blocks and Ectoplasm. They would retain the invisibility property of Echo Blocks, but would also allow players, NPCs, and enemies to freely pass through them.

What's the utility? Well, unlike actuated Echo Blocks, they would still interact normally with liquids and furniture. This would allow you to, for example:

-place buff stations, timers, and banners in midair without using platforms, which may be undesirable because the player might unintentionally land on them.
-create a truly open-air NPC house.
-create a boulder statue device with no ceiling.
-create a zone where sentries can be placed anywhere, even in midair.

If it's hard to wrap your mind around the concept, just think of them as Minecart Tracks that you can place furniture on.

These are just a few applications I came up with in 10 minutes, and I'm sure there are many more. I know it will be a useful addition. It's mainly the technical side of implementing this that concerns me, since I don't know if it will play nice with the collision system.

Last edited:
I like this idea a lot. Not that it really matters, but would you be able to see them without Spectre Goggles?
Yeah, just place an Echo Chamber nearby.

Maybe the blocks would block projectiles, and the platforms wouldn't.
This seems like it would work the best, but unfortunately it's probably incompatible with the Boulder Statue column strategy I was thinking of. oh well

This seems like it would work the best, but unfortunately it's probably incompatible with the Boulder Statue column strategy I was thinking of. oh well
Simply make boulder statue able to be placed on platforms like banners n heart lamps.

Back
Top Bottom