Weapons & Equip Hyperbolt (The Upgraded Waterbolt!)

what is a better focus for this?

• Slow Attack Speed, High Damage

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Medium Attack Speed, Medium Damage

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Fast Attack Speed, Low Damage

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

solar_eclipse

Eye of Cthulhu
Now I don't believe there is a hardmode waterbolt, so let me have a go at one.

Runes of Chaos
64 Magic Damage
6 Knockback
30 attack speed
Uses 5 mana
Summons a ball of chaos that wrecks anything in its way

Crafting :
At Bookshelf
1 Spell Tome
15 Chlorophyte Bars
25 Ectoplasm
35 Souls Of Might
30 Souls Of Fright

(It uses these items because they represent chaos and work : Forging metal from plants, making tomes, Ghosts, Might, Fright)

So, this would be the upgraded Waterbolt. It instead would take a pinkish-purple colour (Chaos Elemental is the right colour for this).
It is Post-Plantera (Please tell me if it needs rebalancing)
I made this because I mastered Waterbolt when I came to this game at first, then once hardmode was released, I was shocked to not find a Hardmode Waterbolt.

Please tell me if it needs rebalancing, tweaking or anything else, and this is my first thread, so I don't expect it to be good. Constructive feedback is better for me to use, :).

Last edited:
EDIT: completely changed crafting and crafting station (Now at Bookshelf, not Mythril Anvil), switched it from Pre-Mechs to Post-Plantera, changed stats, and added attack speed. been 26 hours since thread made.

So there are two of us. I'm also master of Water Bolt. This idea needs improvements. I will help you.
Firstly, weapon needs cooler name. "Hyperbolt" is not that good. Something like "Disarray Orb" will be better.
Secondly, why Shark Fins in the recipe? I want to know.
Next thing, your "attack speed" is game's "use time", right? 10 means "very fast, nearly insane" speed. That's too much for a weapon of this kind in my opinion. I want upgraded waterbolt to be slower but deadlier. It fits better.

Also 14 knockback?! It means "insane knockback" in Terraria. Original Water Bolt have 5 (strong knockback). My favourite Water Bolt feature is ability to juggle enemies with its unique knockback. Making it too strong/weak will ruin this ability. That's bad news. I suggest knockback value of 6.
Hope it helps you to tune this weapon. I hope we will get new Water Bolt type weapon in 1.3

That means it will need to vary between cursed flames and ichor, though :/, but that was in the original suggestion XD.

That means it will need to vary between cursed flames and ichor, though :/, but that was in the original suggestion XD.

Why? Golden Shower's OP anyway and the Cursed Flower (forgot the name but it's like the flower of fiyah!) and the Crimson is OP too anyway with it's Vampire Knives.

Why? Golden Shower's OP anyway and the Cursed Flower (forgot the name but it's like the flower of fiyah!) and the Crimson is OP too anyway with it's Vampire Knives.
Sure, I will update it so it is 30 cursed flames/50 ichor (Good difference) so corruption is more easier on this. Also, if this is added corruption will have band of starpower and an easier late-game magic weapon, which further makes corruption melee easy mode and magic hardmode. also, Scourge Of The Corrupter is kewl. Still gonna use it until I get a hardmode waterbolt-version :/ (Two favourite items, probably if this is implemented I will only use them.

Last edited:
Now I don't believe there is a hardmode waterbolt, so let me have a go at one.

Runes of Chaos
64 Magic Damage
6 Knockback
30 attack speed
Uses 5 mana
Summons a ball of chaos that wrecks anything in its way

Crafting :
At Bookshelf
1 Spell Tome
15 Chlorophyte Bars
25 Ectoplasm
30 Cursed Flames/50 Ichor
30 Souls Of Might
30 Souls Of Fright

(It uses these items because they represent chaos and work : Forging metal from plants, making tomes, Ghosts, Might, Fright)

So, this would be the upgraded Waterbolt. It instead would take a pinkish-purple colour (Chaos Elemental is the right colour for this).
It is Post-Plantera (Please tell me if it needs rebalancing)
I made this because I mastered Waterbolt when I came to this game at first, then once hardmode was released, I was shocked to not find a Hardmode Waterbolt.

Please tell me if it needs rebalancing, tweaking or anything else, and this is my first thread, so I don't expect it to be good. Constructive feedback is better for me to use, :).
You could consider a lot of hard mode spells a waterbolt upgrade, like the shadow beam staff or the magical harp.

But maybe that's just me.

I don't see any purpose for the ichor or cursed flames.

My recommendation is that you remove those and ask Snickerbobble for permission to use the chaos pearl item.

My recommendation is that you remove those and ask Snickerbobble for permission to use the chaos pearl item.[/QUOTE]
You could consider a lot of hard mode spells a waterbolt upgrade, like the shadow beam staff or the magical harp.

But maybe that's just me.
It is. Shadowbeam shoots a line and magical harp homes in.
I don't see any purpose for the ichor or cursed flames.

My recommendation is that you remove those and ask Snickerbobble for permission to use the chaos pearl item.
I guess that would make sense...

Magic Harp doesn't home. It shoots penetrating, bouncing music notes at different velocities based on how close/far the pointer is to the player.

the names hyperbolt right? hyper is a word for active and fast the bolt should have a high DPS (damage per second) and a high mana use it should also home on a target

Homing Water Bolt / Runes of Chaos just ruining the concept. Aiming well to juggle the opponent or doing some impressive shots in narrow ideas is essential for me. We already have homing "Water Bolt wannabe" - it's Razorblade Typhoon. That's my opinion.

Homing Water Bolt / Runes of Chaos just ruining the concept. Aiming well to juggle the opponent or doing some impressive shots in narrow ideas is essential for me. We already have homing "Water Bolt wannabe" - it's Razorblade Typhoon. That's my opinion.
A few other names I have : Destiny Orb, Hyper Sphere, Circle Of Power.

Back
Top Bottom