Other I don't like some of the lore

Ethacon

Queen Bee
Please rewrite it. I can't accept that Skeletron, Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of Worlds, Brain of Cthulhu, and Moon Lord are all parts of or are Cthulhu.

Alright, this is sort of half-joking, I don't mean to be rude but at the same time I want to write better official lore because I could and would.

Mostly for the sake of proving those smug Terraria Wiki editors wrong, because they jump to conclusions on what's considered truthful lore and it hurts my soul to read.

Skeletron, Eye of Cthulhu, Brain of Cthulhu were all part of Cthulhu before they were ripped out by the dryads and then they banished him to the moon, which he grew power and became the Moon Lord. Eater of Worlds is not a part of Cthulhu but the Destroyer was supposed to be his spine.

I don't know why you would rewrite this lore, it's sick.

The official Terraria lore is honestly some of the worst lore I've seen, but you should remember that it did seem to be written pretty much entirely out of obligation.
I doubt having the devs rewrite it again would solve the problem.
People are still always free to come up with their own lore ideas though.

The 8th Anniversary Lore Pages are just one interpretation and are not "official", the devs want us players to come up with our own story and explanation for the game's events.
Screenshot 2024-05-08 235336.png

Screenshot 2024-05-08 235322.png

Additionally the only "official lore" is what's inside the game (Bestiary entries, NPC dialogue, item descriptions, etc.)
Screenshot 2024-05-08 235705.png

So if you don't like the lore pages, go write your own explanation based on what's in the game! Just respect players who like the lore pages and don't try to hold up one explanation as correct.

Also, I don't know what you are talking about with the wiki editors. They don't have an evil secret agenda to make the lore pages or their personal interpretations the "true lore." They're just documenting what the devs have said in the past and sharing unbiased observations. The info I just shared about the lore pages and "official/true lore" is also on the wiki and regularly referenced whenever the topic is mentioned.

Last edited:
The official Terraria lore is honestly some of the worst lore I've seen, but you should remember that it did seem to be written pretty much entirely out of obligation.
I doubt having the devs rewrite it again would solve the problem.
People are still always free to come up with their own lore ideas though.
It wouldnt be too bad if it wasnt rushed up. I still kinda like it, especially the Crimson part, but its really not that good.
Still, not the worst thing I could or have ever read.

Skeletron, Eye of Cthulhu, Brain of Cthulhu were all part of Cthulhu before they were ripped out by the dryads and then they banished him to the moon, which he grew power and became the Moon Lord. Eater of Worlds is not a part of Cthulhu but the Destroyer was supposed to be his spine.

a single eye of cthuhlu and brain of cthuhlu are both the same size as a Skeletron head...

Anyways yeah, I think it's just a bit too rushed. It bothers me though that they want to leave it up to interpretation instead of letting someone write something more official (but still good). When I try to share fan stuff people just ignore it. I want people to HAVE to listen to what I came up with... muahahaha.

In seriousness, I don't like the whole "guaranteed fairness" and "the corruption, crimson, and Hallow are natural responses to each other" instead of having cool backstories for why Terraria is plagued with these biomes.

Please rewrite it. I can't accept that Skeletron, Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of Worlds, Brain of Cthulhu, and Moon Lord are all parts of or are Cthulhu.

Alright, this is sort of half-joking, I don't mean to be rude but at the same time I want to write better official lore because I could and would.

Mostly for the sake of proving those smug Terraria Wiki editors wrong, because they jump to conclusions on what's considered truthful lore and it hurts my soul to read.
Moon lord isn’t cutchulu. He is cutchulus brother. Also, just make headcannons

Untitled drawing.png

The Eclipse War - Moon-worshipping Naiads (And Cthulhu-pleasing Naiad Cultists) VS. Sun worshipping Lihzards. (Pretend the Naiads have blue hair)

they wrote it because they felt like it was necessary, but they didn't really want to pay attention to it, they wanted to pay attention to the game itself. the lore is for the mods and the players to come up with.

My lore idea still kept some of the OG lore, but also went around changing a few parts, like making my own lore of the Pumpkin and Frost moons.

What throws me off is Skeletron is a giant humanoid skull with two cartoony angry eye sockets, and then we see Moon Lord's even bigger 5-socket skull when he's defeated. Nevermind the huge size difference even- they look nothing alike. I just can't look at Skeletron and think "That's ML's head" or look at ML's skull and think "that's Skeletron."

1715306498168.png
1715307111566.png
1715306417024.png

Also, Mechdusa is essentially what a mecha ML would be, but it's made as kind of a joke boss as the pieces don't really match each other. Originally the final boss was going to be the moon falling down, but it was changed to the Moon Lord during 1.3's development, which is why I think this lore feels disconnected from itself.

Back
Top Bottom