Items I have a suggestion, it’s very special.

In all my time in Terraria I have always had the same issues, and my solution is the addition of two things. These things are: Gravenade, when thrown this explosive creates a small graveyard biome for a medium length of time (5-10 minutes) it could be crafted with grenades and tombstones perhaps? The second idea is an item called the Homing Lens, this accessory when equipped would make all projectiles home on the nearest/targeted enemy, this would even work for sword projectiles. This could either be a drop from the twins/eye of Cthulhu, or maybe crafted using black lenses and some other components.

Gravenade seems odd but OK.

Turning every single projectile into a homing projectile is a comically ludicrous idea. It takes out literally all of the skill of using any weapon that fires any projectile, and also makes the existing homing projectiles redundant. The idea that it could be dropped by EoC is also insane, as this would be one of the strongest accessories in the entire game, and even if it was dropped by the twins, that basically means aiming is an irrelevant skill for almost half the game. Hard pass.

What about a version of the Last Prism but it automatically uses mana potions and blasting enemies absorbs mana from them. Before you say it’s too OP it would do less damage, be really hard to aim and damages the player add 1 to the amount of damage every second it is fired for.

What about a version of the Last Prism but it automatically uses mana potions and blasting enemies absorbs mana from them. Before you say it’s too OP it would do less damage, be really hard to aim and damages the player add 1 to the amount of damage every second it is fired for.
We allready have the Mana Flower and Upgrades.
This wouldnt change anything

Second one is absolutely broken and probably wont even work with most projectiles. There are projectiles like Solar Eruption or Zenith that this would not work at all (Zenith actually has homing so this is a terrible example, but you get it) due to how their projectiles work. And like the @Salty_ said, this removes all the skill from projectile weapons.

Gravenade seems odd but OK.

Turning every single projectile into a homing projectile is a comically ludicrous idea. It takes out literally all of the skill of using any weapon that fires any projectile, and also makes the existing homing projectiles redundant. The idea that it could be dropped by EoC is also insane, as this would be one of the strongest accessories in the entire game, and even if it was dropped by the twins, that basically means aiming is an irrelevant skill for almost half the game. Hard pass.
I also think coding all projectiles to home would be pretty hard..at least in my opinion.

The Gravenade is too much convenience, places a temporary entire graveyard immediately? That takes too much from just placing graves then breaking them - would there be a nerf for this convenience then? Such as extra cost?

this accessory when equipped would make all projectiles home on the nearest/targeted enemy, this would even work for sword projectiles. This could either be a drop from the twins/eye of Cthulhu, or maybe crafted using black lenses and some other components.

Aimbot available post-Demon Eye? I'd say this is a significant downgrade

In all my time in Terraria I have always had the same issues, and my solution is the addition of two things. These things are: Gravenade, when thrown this explosive creates a small graveyard biome for a medium length of time (5-10 minutes) it could be crafted with grenades and tombstones perhaps? The second idea is an item called the Homing Lens, this accessory when equipped would make all projectiles home on the nearest/targeted enemy, this would even work for sword projectiles. This could either be a drop from the twins/eye of Cthulhu, or maybe crafted using black lenses and some other components.
Homing lens could work if it had a low chance to home like a 10-15-% chance and it could be upgraded with twins drops and moonlord too

Back
Top Bottom