Items Ideas Involving Shimmer In A Number Slightly Or Very Less Than Bunch

ANejat🌈🪨

Torch God
Hello, and I totally didn't rip off that title from someone!
No ado, just straight to the topic:
I: REFLECTED BLOCK
(Transmutation of echo block)
pixil-frame-0 (20).png
⠀⠀The reflected block acts in a relatively similar way with the echo block, unlocked by transmuting echo block into shimmer. Unlike the echo block, reflected blocks require reflected chambers (crafted with reflected block and some stone) to become visible. Throwing echo coating to shimmer also gives you the reflected coating as a result.
II: HOOK OF AETHER
(Transmutation of Hook of Dissonance pos Moon-Lord)
⠀⠀
pixil-frame-0 (21).png
⠀⠀The Hook of Aether is a grappling hook that allows the player to go through walls; after grappling, the player ignores every single block it comes to contact with and automatically cancels grapple after meeting the hook. After meeting the hook, the player is clipped to the same wall they just grappled on, and start phasing, affected by gravity until they get themselves into a 2x3 or larger space where they will stop going through walls.
III: SHIMMER CRATE (AND FISH)
(No transmutation)
FIshing in shimmer, you can catch Shimmerfish (?), Aetherium Crab (pls help me) or shimmer crate/aetherium crate (hardmode variant). The "catch" is, that you can't fish in shimmer without a shimmer hook, given to you by the Angler!

Maybe I'll find some more ideas soon, but I should always remind: Don't forget to subscribe and HIT the bell like it's Unity!

PS: Sorry for bad pixel art, I just made some random jumble of pixels and inverted the echo block sprite.

Why should a player ever use a Reflected Block over an Echo Block? And why should we care about fishing in shimmer?

Those are some interesting ideas, but the title and content of your post is pretty similar to my suggestions about Shimmer…
It’s fine if you were inspired by my post, but I would prefer it if you had a different title and/or credited me (instead of just saying, “I totally didn't rip off that title from someone”).

Last edited:
Those are some interesting ideas, but the title and content of your post is pretty similar to my suggestions about Shimmer…
It’s fine if you were inspired by my post, but I would prefer it if you had a different title and/or credited me (instead of just saying, “I totally didn't rip off that title from someone”).
So, I kinda forgot about your threads existance when naming this, and I couldn't find a better name... How's this?

Why should a player ever use a Reflected Block over an Echo Block? And why should we care about fishing in shimmer?
Assume certain stuff is echo coated and hidden. The use of an echo chamber will expose every one of them. What if you don't want them all exposed? This will slightly better the building experience; for example: you can build a drawbridge and hide both gates to make it much more realistic.
The same reason you should care about fishing in dungeon: none! But what honestly stopped us from putting pointless things in- (This part is sarcasm)

Assume certain stuff is echo coated and hidden. The use of an echo chamber will expose every one of them. What if you don't want them all exposed? This will slightly better the building experience; for example: you can build a drawbridge and hide both gates to make it much more realistic.
The same reason you should care about fishing in dungeon: none! But what honestly stopped us from putting pointless things in- (This part is sarcasm)
Ok, yeah, that's fair. You've changed my mind. I support Reflected Blocks now.

Back
Top Bottom