PC Is there an easy way to locate hidden patches of Corruption?

Neopolitan

Steampunker
I recently clentaminator'd the corruption in my world and I'm down to one percent. I've looked in every nook and cranny of ground zero and it seems like I've cleared it out but the Dryad is still saying 1%.

Checked your floating islands? Sometimes the corruption stripe from entering hard mode can intersect with them and corrupt them.

Falling short of blowing up your entire world? Nope.

Second best bet is to make lots and lots of hellevators each within range of the Clentaminator. Even then, you are liable to miss some.

Keep an eye/ear out for the water colour, music or background changing. Sometimes these changes can indicate a small patch of Corruption / Crimson / Hallow in otherwise bland or unexplored areas.

Why whoud you want to completely get rid of tge corruption anyway?
I just keep it in a controled environment

It's cheating but I use a third party software you basically choose your World and it will load all the tiles on your map. From there you can see where the Hallow and Corruption grow. It's helped me out a lot because it shows where random plots of corruption grow, particularly in areas I haven't 'discovered' in my game so I was able to contain it before it got out of hand!

If there is an another easier way of containing and finding corrupted areas - other than the suggestion above, please let me know!

Back
Top Bottom