tModLoader Ivysaur's level system - With classes

What would you be most excited to be added to this mod?

• Some unique items

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • More multiplayer compatability

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Subclasses

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Skills

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Unique quests and a new NPC at best

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know if this has been requested, but would it be possible to add an Adventurer class? The Adventurer would be for players who either play generalist or jack-of-all-trades characters, players who prefer to change their attack methods for different situations, or just players who have trouble deciding.

That's fine, I'll wait. Can't rush quality after all. Thanks so much for looking into it and fixing them. I was having a good time with your mod and would have been disappointed to have to stop playing it.

edit: Well, I saw a version 2.0.4 on the mod browser, so I downloaded that. The hook bug remains, as I latched onto my house and shot a squirrel. Fell off with the hook still attached. Not sure what version this was, as I thought you said you removed it yet I saw an update. Should I delete it and re-download it entirely?

Edit: Feature request: A way to see how much XP you have, what level you are and how much needed to next level?

Look into the main post, you can use commands to display an XPBar or display your current stats in the chat.
[doublepost=1474659924,1474659740][/doublepost]
I don't know if this has been requested, but would it be possible to add an Adventurer class? The Adventurer would be for players who either play generalist or jack-of-all-trades characters, players who prefer to change their attack methods for different situations, or just players who have trouble deciding.

That's what i implemented the ninja for. I know he's specified for throwing weapons, but because they are weak the ninja also has a lot of passive bonuses like occasional dodging. I don't plan to add another class, and if i do, it will probably be multiplayer based, a healer for example.

Look into the main post, you can use commands to display an XPBar or display your current stats in the chat.
[doublepost=1474659924,1474659740][/doublepost]
Awwww :red:, I'm so stupid. Please accept my apology, I've officially become "the :red: that doesn't read posts" that I always hate.

How do you make the XP bar show if your player's name has a space inbetween?
e.g. -/XPBar SFB Dragon
Terrarias response:
- Could not find player SFB.

Holidays start in a week and there is a lot on the to do list of this mod. so i've opened up a poll to vote what i should start working on first.

Fixing the hook bug would be appreciated greatly :B (it still happens in 2.0.4)

I tried to replicate it myself but couldn't get it to work. Maybe it's on your end, can i get more information about what you did exactly to achieve that bug? I possibly even need to know your operating system, terraria version, and modloader version.

damn it, I had this post written out and then I lost it. Gonna be a bit more brief now...

Windows 8.1
Terraria 1.3.3.2
TmodLoader 0.8.3.4

Other mods used:

Helpful Hotkeys by jopojelly
Fast Start v0.2 by gorateron
Cheat Sheet 0.2.5.7 by jopojelly and gorateron
Simple Auto Chests 0.3 by efhosci
Normal Mode Demon Heart 0.8.1 by Alceris
Boss Health Bars 1.4 by Barack Obama Ross
HERO's Mod 1.2 by HERO, jopojelly
Item Customizer 0.9 by thegamemaster1234
MaxStackPlus 2.4 by ColinAV

Never had this problem until I introduced yours to the mix and disabling it got rid of it. In the video I linked to I was using an Emerald hook, but it is worth noting I have not managed to replicate it when I replaced it with a Dual Hook., At least, not yet anyway, I also haven't done much "killing enemies while grappled" either because I know what generally happens when I do.

Oh, interesting, the hook suddenly not pulling was this mod? I had no idea what caused that, but I had it happen while shooting a mob and grappled with a normal hook. I also have had it happen while grappling with a web slinger, but only when a single hook is attached. It's never happened with multiple attached, not sure if that's helpful or not though. Also, while it says ranger gets a slight move speed bonus, at level 42, I'm getting +972% according to /DisplayStats, and +0% Arrow Speed. Also, oddly, ArrowBleedChance reads: "ca.19%"

I'm enjoying it nonetheless, none of these have been gamebreaking in anyway. Though I'm not sure why I'm seeming to get bonus damage. My musket says it deals 44, but it hits consistently for in the 50s or 60s, and I can't figure out why. No idea if its this mod, though, so I guess that's not necessarily particularly useful.

The whole mage "soul rip" thing is not particularly damaging either. It does like 10-15 damage to Hardmode dungeon mobs, not so great when you're facing Paladins with 5K HP.

I've since changed to a Thorn Hook that I dropped off Plantera and so far anyway, the hook thing hasn't happened again. I haven't tried too hard to replicate it but it was much too easy to do before, so the fact it hasn't happened yet is a good sign.

Is there a way to show the Xp bar of a player that has a space in their name? My main character's name is Skeleton Man and I can't view the xp bar because the command parses at the space. "Skeleton Man" doesn't work, neither does Skeleton_Man.

Is there a way to show the Xp bar of a player that has a space in their name? My main character's name is Skeleton Man and I can't view the xp bar because the command parses at the space. "Skeleton Man" doesn't work, neither does Skeleton_Man.

This bug has been reported already, i'll defnitely look what i can do. But it will take some time.

Is it possible to add an @me command or a command that enables it for all players? Probably already been suggested, I'm just tossing ideas. Either way, thanks for the great mod boss.

oh, wow, apparently, accidentally typing only "/" in chat will crash you.

Also, not sure why I still have no bonus to arrow speed listed, I'm thinking its only a bug on displaying the value, though, since my arrows do seem to be travelling noticeably faster than usual. I can't wait until I get asphalt and can see how fast I actually can be seeing how there's a normal +150% move speed cap or something, which gets removed when on asphalt. That +1272% move speed I'm getting will be pretty insane there.

Also found that the version that saves the level data to the player resets the scout's quests every time you reload the world, making progressing through them somewhat bothersome.

Lastly, when my friend and I tried to do multiplayer, and we encountered a few issues. I had predicted that saving it to the world would cause issues for multiple people (correctly predicted, I might add) so we started off with the version that saves to the player, and everything seemed to be going well, until around half an hour into the run when we checked /DisplayStats and found neither of has had apparently gained any xp. We decided to try and swap to the world-saving version, while we were still relatively uninvested in the current stuff, only to find that we could choose only one class between the two of us, and, even then, we did not gain xp. Of course, the only being able to choose one class part was fairly expected for me, so the only real surprise was the lack of any xp gain.

Edit: Extra lastly: It seems killing fireballs fire imps fire, or the water bolts fired by dungeon casters will still give the player xp. I found that odd, not sure if it is intentional or not. of course, while that could lead to farming, there are plenty of better ways to farm xp in this game, like statues, or events, so I'm not too worried about it, just thought I'd report the abnormality.

Last edited:
Hi there ivysaur, I recently tried your mod and I think it's really good, the concept is great and holds a lot of potential, However, I've experienced a large bug within the mod, Now this might be just my computer, but I'd like to report it anyway.
~So my problem is, I have had this mod for around 3 days and wanted to get this out asap, Upon installation, Regardless of what version,(World or Character) I was trying it out on a couple of bossed on my "best" Character, everything was working fine, I was getting levels, and getting more damage on the weapons in class I chose. However, upon loading a different character in a different world, I couldn't change class and when I hit my first enemy, I grew to the level my other character was on, Which, I might add, was quite high, So that making me Very overpowered in an early game world, which makes me sad, because this mod is Really Cool.

I hope you see my message and manage to get around to this, if it is a bug.(and not my potato)
Thanks for reading, I'll make sure to add to this if I forgot anything. :)
Kind regards -L0ST <3

(forgot to say, OS is Windows 10, The class I chose was Ninja, (originally, but I uninstalled and chose Ranger after) And My Mod version is: 2.0.4)

Last edited:
Edit: Extra lastly: It seems killing fireballs fire imps fire, or the water bolts fired by dungeon casters will still give the player xp. I found that odd, not sure if it is intentional or not. of course, while that could lead to farming, there are plenty of better ways to farm xp in this game, like statues, or events, so I'm not too worried about it, just thought I'd report the abnormality.
They are considered mobs, they have 1 HP. It's quirky, but is not strictly a bug.

Back
Top Bottom