tModLoader JayL Mod - Fishing & Quests (abandoned?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Leon

Terrarian
The goal of this mod is for me to learn how to mod terraria using tModLoader, and implement a 'Quest Master' NPC (similar to the Angler) to exchange rare drops for rewards (money, vanilla and/or custom items) and overall make certain playing styles less annoying.

For now it allows you to craft basic vanilla fishing gear, but I might extend the crafting list to cover more items from the angler quest loot table for people who might want to acquire them without doing a full fishing playthrough.

Updated for Terraria 1.3.1.1

Updated for Terraria 1.3.1

Added custom pet
Added custom accesory

Custom item template created
3 custom baits added

Bottomless Water Bucket recipe revised

Added more vanilla item's recipes

Basic Mod Framework
Added Basic recipe items

Angler Earring
1 Old Shoe + 1 Seaweed + 1 Tin Can + 1 Fishing Potion
@Anvil

Tackle Box
10 Enchanted Nightcrawler + 5 of any Iron Bar
@Furnace

High Test Fishing Line
1 White String + 3 Diamonds
@Tinkerers Workbench

Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole
10 of any wood + 5 Feathers + 1 High Test Fishing Line + 1 Illegal Gun Parts
@Anvil

Angler Armor
5-15 Silk + Fishing Potion
@Loom

Sextant
1 Compass + 1 Ruler + 1 Moon Charm
@Tinkerers Workbench

Fisherman's Pocket Guide
1 Goblin Tech + 1 Angler Tacke Bag + 10 Books
@Bookcase

WeatherRadio
1 GPS + 10 Cogs
@Tinkerers Workbench

Golden Bug Net
1 Bug Net + 10 Gold Bars
@Hellforge

Bottomless Water Bucket
99 Water Bucket
@Adamantite Forge

Super Absorbant Sponge
500 Silk
@Adamantite Forge

Golden Fishing Rod
1 Mechanic's Rod + 5 Gold Bars
@Adamantite Forge

Hotline Fishing Hook
1 Golden Fishing Rod + High Test Fishing Line + 1 Obsidian Skin Potion + 5 living fire block
@Adamantite Forge

Fin Wings
10 Shark Fins + 20 Soul of Flight
@Anvil

Coralstone
1 Coral + 5 Stone
@HeavyWorkBench

Fake Worm
fiUhGDj.png
x3 - 20 baitpower
1 Vine + 4 Jungle Spore + 6 Stinger
@Work Bench

Crimtane/Corrupt Goldfish
5p91Crn.png
wwczB7M.png
- 35 baitpower
1 Goldfish + 5 Tissue Sample/Shadow Scale
@Demon Altars

=========

Accessories

Crate Hook Earring
c6DkE4y.png
- Grants the crate buff while equipped
1 Angler Earring + 5 Crate Potions

=========

Pet

Mechanical Fish
NoiczrT.png

1 Cave Armored Fish + 5 any Iron Bar
@Demon Altar

For now the pet emits light but is not a light pet, I'm working on getting this pet to do more stuff than just light the place up.
IMPORTANT: The pet acts a bit weird when first summoned but reloading or re-summoning fix it, is nothing bad it just loops its animation a bit faster that normal.

I'll update the mod as soon as I add new recipes/items or figure out how to correctly implement my NPC.

-Add custom craftable bait(s) using usually discarded/ignored items (jungle spores, stingers, gold fish, birds, crabs, etc.)
-Add custom craftable items giving fishing related buffs (crate, sonar, etc.)
-Add custom fishing related stuff

Download

v0.5.2 https://mega.nz/#!IE50BIhR!AQyhKVIxD25riAdXnE0R5ip7bQl6Wvd739KEkUjLjmw

or you can also get it from the Mod Browswer within tLoadMod

Installation

Just drop the file in your mods folder

Last edited:
The goal of this mod is for me to learn how to mod terraria using tModLoader, and implement a 'Quest Master' NPC (similar to the Angler) to exchange rare drops for rewards (money, vanilla and/or custom items) and overall make certain playing styles less annoying.

For now it allows you to craft basic vanilla fishing gear, but I might extend the crafting list to cover more items from the angler quest loot table for people who might want to acquire them without doing a full fishing playthrough.

Angler Earring
1 Old Shoe + 1 Seaweed + 1 Tin Can + 1 Fishing Potion
@Anvil

Tackle Box
10 Enchanted Nightcrawler + 5 of any Iron Bar
@Furnace

High Test Fishing Line
1 White String + 3 Diamonds
@Tinkerers Workbench

Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole
10 of any wood + 5 Feathers + 1 High Test Fishing Line + 1 Illegal Gun Parts
@Anvil

I'll update the mod as soon as I add new recipes/items or figure out how to correctly implement my NPC.

-Add custom craftable bait(s) using usually discarded/ignored items (jungle spores, stingers, gold fish, birds, crabs, etc.)
-Add custom craftable items giving fishing related buffs (crate, sonar, etc.)
-Add functional friendly town NPC, customize its dialogue with quests & rewards

Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!8RIyXIhL!A7aDO1yxgMKPyS1ltFInnUzbu2vyW1z-RWxtN2ckfFY

Installation

Just drop the file in your mods folder
Seems interesting; not too many mods try to focus on fishing (and they should because fishing needs more love) so I'm excited for more :D I'll keep my eye on this.

I added more recipes and tried to keep it balanced as to not give players access to the good stuff too early, still some feedback would be appreciated.

495 WATER BUCKETS?!?
Thats about 1500 Iron/Lead Bars, or about 4500 Iron/Lead Ore! Way to expensive.
Mmh, I'll try to think of a cheaper recipe for it, my original idea of just 99 water buckets wasn't so wrong after all it seems, but i thought it was kinda cheap so I finally decided on 495, maybe it wasn't that cheap after all.

Thanks for the feedback

Added 3 custom baits you can craft. A generic one which is less effective than a regular worm, and 2 based on which type of world you're playing in.

For some reason I can't get images to show so I'll just leave a link to the custom item sprites, nothing out of the ordinary since it's basically vanilla sprites with minimum retouches.

http://imgur.com/a/NzDOn

Mod updated with new stuff, I've decided to keep this mod fishing exclusive and work on my other idea and make it its own mod, if any moderator can move this thread to the released sub-forum that'd be sweet.

Since it has been a year since this mod was updated or the author has been around, I'm going to lock this as abandoned.

@Jay Leon - should you return and wish to continue this, please contact any staff member and we will be happy to reopen it.

I remind others that even though this may be abandoned, the code and assets remain the property of the author and are not free for reuse unless Jay Leon gives specific permission for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom