Weapons & Equip Lightning spell

Do you still want this

• Total voters

GravitronX

Skeletron Prime
you heard it here first im bringing it back from the dead my first suggestion with some changes to make it a bit more balanced I will link the original here http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/lightning-spell.137886/

200 damage
Use time (60)
No knock back
Mana usage 175
It is a 0.1% chance drop from any dungeon enemy after plantera

It would come from the top of your screen to the bottom piercing everything in that line. Then it would paralyze the enemy for 5 seconds opening them up for further attacks. it would hit an enemy once unless they have multiple segments like the WOF.
The bolt will chain once from each enemy it hits meaning timing will be necasary each bolt will deal 50% of original damage from the main blast.
The reason I used a bit from each class is it is helpful to anyone that uses it.
Please give your feelings on this.

Last edited:
hmm... its a mage weapon so drop the shroomite... and anyways what was the melle stuff in it? no beetle husks or turtle shells there... overall seems a bit like the sniper rifle, a niche weapon that is useless elsewhere...

Last resort isn't generally when you still have 125 mana :/
Plus its not even that powerful...
I like the overall weapon though...

I like it and I HATE mage weapons. but yea change the recipe. Maybe a rare drop from Nimbuses?

I generally find it a bad idea for a weapon to be in the crafting recipe for another weapon, like the Minishark being in the Star Cannon crafting recipe, I don't get that. It's fine for the True weapons and the Venom Staff seeing as it's a literal upgrade of them, but for something like this, they're completely different weapons, so that's the only part of this I disagree with.

For a hard-to-obtain late game Magic weapon, this is actually incredibly UP. It's unbelievably Mana-intensive and deals terrible DPS.

Here's a little comparison.

Shadowbeam Staff
55 Damage.
6 Mana.
15 Use Time.
DPS: 220
MPS: 24

Lightning Spell

175 Damage.
175 Mana.
60 Use Time.
DPS: 175 (20% less)
MPS: 175 (630% more)

I know that this is meant to be geared for multi-class use, but it's a Magic weapon. It should at least be good at being a Magic weapon.

Anyways, no, I don't like this idea as a whole, either. I don't think a weapon that paralyzes enemies is a good idea at all. This would make everything extremely easy to cheese for people who have an absurd amount of money to spend on Mana Potions, and since its main attraction isn't it's damage, Mana Sickness becomes obsolete and the player can do whatever the heck he wants with his Melee and Ranged weapons. There are a lot of balance implications to deal with, and i don;t feel like it's worth the effort. No support.

Okay then I will get rid of the par alizarin and change how you get it thanks for the feedback so maybe I should do a slowing debuff???? Also I will put the damage up to 200

For a hard-to-obtain late game Magic weapon, this is actually incredibly UP. It's unbelievably Mana-intensive and deals terrible DPS.

Here's a little comparison.

I know that this is meant to be geared for multi-class use, but it's a Magic weapon. It should at least be good at being a Magic weapon.

Anyways, no, I don't like this idea as a whole, either. I don't think a weapon that paralyzes enemies is a good idea at all. This would make everything extremely easy to cheese for people who have an absurd amount of money to spend on Mana Potions, and since its main attraction isn't it's damage, Mana Sickness becomes obsolete and the player can do whatever the heck he wants with his Melee and Ranged weapons. There are a lot of balance implications to deal with, and i don;t feel like it's worth the effort. No support.
By that logic the Sniper Rifle is worse then the Minishark. The point of weapons like these is to one shot most mobs, something the Sniper Rifle tends to do very well. It is one of the most efficient weapons in the game.

I may have a fix ready for its UPness:
the weapon could use 50 mana/s, and there would be another use time, oscillating from 10 to 60 ticks, defining when a lightning will be summoned, leaving a bit of uncertainty in the weapon's use.

Damage: 200
MPS: 50
Average lightning use time: 35

Then:
Average DPS: 342
MPS: 50

ShadowBS (lol jokes):
DPS: 220
MPS: 24

So the LS has 55% more DPS but a mana usage 108% higher.

I didn't take the chain lightning effect into consideration since I don't like it.

I know this fix would give it a much higher DPS, but I thought that the fact it can only attack vertically should grant it a little boost.

Back
Top Bottom