Is this a good idea?

• Yes.

Votes: 44 95.7%
  • No.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
We've all been trying to put things into chests, and shift clicked things into them. But then realizing that shift click actually throws items into the trash can. I suggest that there should be an option on the trash can icon that lets you lock it so that you can't shift click things into it.

EDIT : Also, in exchange, shift clicking would instantly move items into an inventory that is currently being accessed.

The end, forever, and even after that.

Last edited:
Perhaps you could add a way to lock certain items from being locked too. They do it in a lot of other games with inventory slots.

Garnet doesn't like trash cans

On topic, I certainly agree. It could cause a HUGE problem if somebody accidentally throws away a lot of resources, or something really expensive or powerful while trying to put said item in a chest. And it is certainly a possible mistake to make.

Please, for all that is good in the world, make shift-click deposit things into chests. In every other game that has anything remotely similar to an inventory, shift-click has this function. If for some reason people actually like using shift-click to delete items, make control-click deposit things into chests (and, vice versa, deposit items into the inventory if control-clicking an item in a chest).

I'm not worried about accidentally deleting items so much as I am about developing carpal tunnel from dragging every single item to and from chests. A simple shift-click would move the item to the chest/inventory with a single click. I really hope the developers see this, because I've been waiting for this function since I first started playing the game.

I'm not worried about accidentally deleting items so much as I am about developing carpal tunnel from dragging every single item to and from chests. A simple shift-click would move the item to the chest/inventory with a single click. I really hope the developers see this, because I've been waiting for this function since I first started playing the game.
There is also supposed to be a way to automatically stack stuff to nearby chests IIRC as well. So, the update should help a lot with that. It's not shift click, but it's still an improvement.

I've played with 1.3 and, don't get me wrong, they've added a lot of great stuff. But the lack of a shift-click that does what I've proposed is rather silly. It's an easy function to code, and it'd make storing and retrieving items so much easier.

I accidentally threw away my Terra Blade once because of this. I can't tell you how devastated I was after that, after I got it to legendary and everything...

I support this.

You can shift click things into chests in 1.3.

...Since the start of 1.3.

Since 1.3 came out.

But you're all still complaining, how does that happen?

Couldn't you just make it so shift clicking items near a chest will not send them to the trash?

Back
Top Bottom