• pointless

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

bloxz64

Terrarian
everlastingquiver.png
Mana bullets
:
  • Crafted using empty bullet casing, 10 mana crystals, and a sorcerer embalm at a crystal ball
  • Only obtainable in hardmode
  • Max stack 1, used in ammo slot
  • Functions like an accessory
  • 4 mana per shot
  • 10 damage
  • Base damage of the gun could be increased by ranged modifiers, and the bullets' damage would be affected by magic ones
everlastingpouch.png
Can be upgraded to an ammo pouch with magic quiver to become an accessory that works with arrows too

Theoretically infinite ammo but uses mana

I think this would help bridge the gap between different classes since to use one class effectively you esentaly make the others unplayable. (I could definitely use this in my magic/ranged playthrough)

So, what do you guys think of my first post? Thought? Suggestions? Balance changes? How should you get it?

Last edited:
Yes! I've always wanted a mama bullet (look at title)

OK sarcasm aside, I think this a pretty good idea. And its not too OP since it cheats you out of 999 bullets. I like it. As for obtaining method, maybe 10 mana stars and a empty bullet casing?

Mama mia!

I have mixed feelings about this. One one hand, mana usage is pretty much restricted to the mage class. (Summoners are barely affected.) So this would kind of cause us to question how we define our classes.

But on the other hand, classes don't exist. Class playthroughs? In the same boat as mediumcore. So something like this may start a trend that I don't see as necessarily bad.

Does it create more bullets upon impact?
But it doesn't seem worth to sacrifice my mom to shoot a single bullet in a video game.
Volvo plz nerf.
Ugh! How do you change the title?! I can't tell you the number of times spell check tried to mix that, it gave me everything from mama to gangster. Anyway no it would just shoot the one. I also had an Idea to make it a buff that makes bullets use mama instead of getting consumed, so that's an option.

Ugh! How do you change the title?! I can't tell you the number of times spell check tried to mix that, it gave me everything from mama to gangster. Anyway no it would just shoot the one. I also had an Idea to make it a buff that makes bullets use mama instead of getting consumed, so that's an option.

Lol contact a moderator and request it be changed. You should also be able to report it and type name misspell please change to Mana Bullets.

Lol contact a moderator and request it be changed. You should also be able to report it and type name misspell please change to Mana Bullets.
This is my first post so I'm very new to this. How can I contact a moderator? I couldn't find it anywhere

This is my first post so I'm very new to this. How can I contact a moderator? I couldn't find it anywhere

At the top of your page is HOME, FORUMS, MEMBERS. Click members. Then look for where it says Staff Members on the semi top right. Click that. Then scroll down till you see Leinfors and click his name, click start conversation.

Spelling thimgs wromg all the time is very ammoyimg.
Auto-correct thimgs dom't always work.
ome time I tried to type "king" it ended up as "kilogram"

Mama mia!

I have mixed feelings about this. One one hand, mana usage is pretty much restricted to the mage class. (Summoners are barely affected.) So this would kind of cause us to question how we define our classes.

But on the other hand, classes don't exist. Class playthroughs? In the same boat as mediumcore. So something like this may start a trend that I don't see as necessarily bad.
On the topic of mixed class roles, all classes have there various forms of ranged combat, but in short range only mele has anything. Should there be swords with special abilitys that use ammo or mama? Dose this deserve a separate thread?

This concept is actually a small bit interesting, if I'm perfectly honest. I guess it might be a little redundant in certain ways here and there, but nonetheless I think the concept itself is pretty original. I'll go with it...

pretty sure 10 mana is way too much per shot, since you'd get 20 shots and then... done. A chaingun is going to eat 200 mana in 3 2/3 seconds. Less, if given the Rapid modifier.

Does it trigger spectre gear? How do we handle ranged weapons using what amounts to magic ammo?

pretty sure 10 mana is way too much per shot, since you'd get 20 shots and then... done. A chaingun is going to eat 200 mana in 3 2/3 seconds. Less, if given the Rapid modifier.

Does it trigger spectre gear? How do we handle ranged weapons using what amounts to magic ammo?
Yah, that would be too powerful if it triggered specter healing, though the offensive bonus might not no too bad.I realize now that 10 mana would be too much, I think 4 would be much better because that would give anyone with max mana 50 shots, and since most mages would have ~300 -400 max mana they could get up to 100 shots out of it.

Admittedly, I kinda like this. As someone with a kind of an OCD thing I force myself to always have 999 bullets in my stacks before I quit the game. I often use the Piranha Gun just to avoid the shop. x)
If there were a low power bullet like this it'd save me many trips to the gun guy. :)

Perhaps have the item appear as a magic bag of bullets and have an everlasting quiver for arrows?
They'd ofcourse need to be late game items in my opinion (where money for bullets doesn't matter anymore anyway), and their damage should not exceed that of regular arrows and bullets.

4stars.gif

Admittedly, I kinda like this. As someone with a kind of an OCD thing I force myself to always have 999 bullets in my stacks before I quit the game. I often use the Piranha Gun just to avoid the shop. x)
If there were a low power bullet like this it'd save me many trips to the gun guy. :)

Perhaps have the item appear as a magic bag of bullets and have an everlasting quiver for arrows?
They'd ofcourse need to be late game items in my opinion (where money for bullets doesn't matter anymore anyway), and their damage should not exceed that of regular arrows and bullets.

4stars.gif
I like this idea, maby if you combined it with the magic quiver it would become a magic ammo pouch which would be an accessory that would work this way for arrows too. And as you can see I've changed the recipe

Back
Top Bottom