Dungeon Spirit
53000-67008a102a8172cbd6eebb63654370c7.jpg

Meteor Shield
Consumable
Meteorite_Bar.png
x15
Emerald.png
x10

When used, a green burst will be emited from the player, which activates a special new effect. This will cause any meteor that is about to hit to be destroyed before it lands, being consumed in the process.

A meteor has struck your shield and destroyed it...

This makes it possible for people like builders to create things in space without building a huge, ugly skybridge across the entire world.

If you like this idea, please feel free to check out some of my others!

Attachments

• Meteor_Shield.png
    Meteor_Shield.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:
Maybe instead of needing an item to do this, maybe Meteors should just stop falling at some point? Like maybe Post-Mech or Post-Plantera. Because even by Hardmode you won't really need meteorite for anything other than maybe decoration.

Sure, there's Phasesabers. But you don't need Meteorite Bars to make those, since you already made a Phaseblade.

Maybe instead of needing an item to do this, maybe Meteors should just stop falling at some point? Like maybe Post-Mech or Post-Plantera. Because even by Hardmode you won't really need meteorite for anything other than maybe decoration.

Sure, there's Phasesabers. But you don't need Meteorite Bars to make those, since you already made a Phaseblade.
If I recall correctly after a certain number of meteors are left unmined no more will fall. In any case this probably isn't the best way to negate meteors.

If I recall correctly after a certain number of meteors are left unmined no more will fall. In any case this probably isn't the best way to negate meteors.

If you mean my idea may not be the best way, then I am sorry to say that I don't really understand.

In my opinion, it would be better for them to stop at a certain point in progression as opposed to having a certain point in progression where you can cause them to stop, seeing as you don't need them anymore.

If you mean my idea may not be the best way, then I am sorry to say that I don't really understand.

In my opinion, it would be better for them to stop at a certain point in progression as opposed to having a certain point in progression where you can cause them to stop, seeing as you don't need them anymore.
I wasn't clear in my speech, sorry about that. The not the best way comment was directed at the thread owner.

As always I prefer the fix by baconfry, this subject included.

But then again, how will you know that a meteor is gonna land? Maybe a new message in HM that says "A meteorite is on a crash course with [World Name]...", so that you have actual time to react?

I got tagged, so I need to give a good response to it.

In fact, there's already a sort of Meteor shield in game, Meteorite won't spawn anymore if there's X amount of meteorite present in the world (varies by world size)

So what I've done, and I thank Deva/Devalaous for that. Is to place that certain amount of meteorite somewhere in the world:
meteorite.JPG In the corner of the world as example, I call it the Meteor Guardian.

You can also try to make something beautiful with meteorite ore too, for those who wants

Meteorites and I.. have a past. I once made a massive volcano for an RP server and it was struck at least 5 times by meteors.. how very angry was I. If only I knew about the meteor limit back then..

Anyway..

I'd rather meteorites be given more use, such as bricks, and perhaps a hardmode use, than cancel out meteorites. Also, change the way how they generate. Have them spawn new tiles on land rather than replace existing tiles, or maybe replace just some tiles, so it leaves a crater but not a huge, ugly one, and won't be too destructive of any creations.

But as said above, you can cancel out meteorites if enough ore is in the world, as long as the ore is above a depth of 0, it will count to the limit. The limits are:

Small world: 401
Medium world: 601
Large world: 801

You can also not break any Shadow Orbs or Crimson Hearts, which will cause no meteors to ever land.

Wouldn't that make getting the goblin tinkerer a pain to get?
I believe you can use the Goblin Battle Standard without smashing orbs or hearts, though you need to have 200 or more HP to use them.

That was mostly a tip for building worlds, though.

Edit: Actually, this could also let you live more peacefully with no natural goblin spawns. Come hardmode though.. pirates have no way to block, unless you stay pre-hardmode, which may be more desirable for a building world. Just can't fight Plantera or Golem in it, though. :dryadsad:

Last edited:
Edit: Actually, this could also let you live more peacefully with no natural goblin spawns. Come hardmode though.. pirates have no way to block, unless you stay pre-hardmode, which may be more desirable for a building world. Just can't fight Plantera or Golem in it, though. :dryadsad:
I thought pirates were tied to breaking altars. Technically you can avoid doing that, although it requires either alot of fishing, or alot of skill.

The only thing with this is the materials it requires. By that point in the game either all the meteors have fallen, a sky bridge has been made to shield anyway or there are enough un-mined meteors to prevent more spawning. I propose a new recipe, which is still fairly hard to get, but can be gained earlier on.

15x Meteorite Bars
Meteorite_Bar.png

20x Hellstone Bars
Hellstone_Bar.png

25x Emerald
Emerald.png

or

25x Meteorite Bars
Meteorite_Bar.png

20x Hellstone Bars
Hellstone_Bar.png

1x Large Emerald
Large_Emerald.png

This way, it can be gained before hard mode, requires materials only got in late-easy mode and keeps it's green colour! Just an idea, but other than that this is a good suggestion.

EDIT: This comment was made before OP changed the recipe. Was post-plantera gear before.

Last edited:
As others have already said, meteors stop falling once there's enough meteorite in the world, so I don't see how this item would be useful. This item is expensive to make and only temporary, and by the time it's available meteors would have stopped falling unless someone was constantly mining meteors even after hardmode. (Also, we have another kind of meteor shield in the form of chests; from what I know meteors can't fall too close to chests because that would risk destroying the items inside.

As others have already said, meteors stop falling once there's enough meteorite in the world, so I don't see how this item would be useful. This item is expensive to make and only temporary, and by the time it's available meteors would have stopped falling unless someone was constantly mining meteors even after hardmode. (Also, we have another kind of meteor shield in the form of chests; from what I know meteors can't fall too close to chests because that would risk destroying the items inside.
Meteorites and I.. have a past. I once made a massive volcano for an RP server and it was struck at least 5 times by meteors.. how very angry was I. If only I knew about the meteor limit back then..

Anyway..

I'd rather meteorites be given more use, such as bricks, and perhaps a hardmode use, than cancel out meteorites. Also, change the way how they generate. Have them spawn new tiles on land rather than replace existing tiles, or maybe replace just some tiles, so it leaves a crater but not a huge, ugly one, and won't be too destructive of any creations.

But as said above, you can cancel out meteorites if enough ore is in the world, as long as the ore is above a depth of 0, it will count to the limit. The limits are:

Small world: 401
Medium world: 601
Large world: 801

You can also not break any Shadow Orbs or Crimson Hearts, which will cause no meteors to ever land.
I got tagged, so I need to give a good response to it.

In fact, there's already a sort of Meteor shield in game, Meteorite won't spawn anymore if there's X amount of meteorite present in the world (varies by world size)

So what I've done, and I thank Deva/Devalaous for that. Is to place that certain amount of meteorite somewhere in the world:
View attachment 53830 In the corner of the world as example, I call it the Meteor Guardian.

You can also try to make something beautiful with meteorite ore too, for those who wants

Guys, I know that meteors stop spawning after a certain amount of meteorite ore exist placed in a world, but the entire point of this idea is to make it possible to very easily stop meteors, without farming them just so you can place them somewhere else.

However, you will be so far into the game that you would probably have enough meteorite to do this, so I will make this item pre-hardmode.

Back
Top Bottom