Other Game Minecraft Thread

I feel like the updates are more focusing on the survival aspect, which is alright, but it seems like Creative mode is becoming redundant

Neglected maybe, but hardly redundant.

TBH the best thing MoJang could do right now from that perspective (as well as many others) is to just stop updating the game. This way modders can start updating their mods again.

Railcraft is still on 1.7.10 so I and my mods are still on 1.7.10. I'll update my game and see about updating my mods to the next version when Railcraft does. As goes Railcraft, so goes my Minecrafting.

Mojang needs to stop updating the game and fix their stuff first. I lost my account (with my minecraft linked to it) and have no access to a bank statement to prove the account is mine (it was purchased by my now deceased grandmother, and my grandfather has no idea where she keeps that stuff), so my only way to play minecraft again is to buy another version.

I'm only a tad salty. Only a tad.

Mojang needs to stop updating the game and fix their stuff first. I lost my account (with my minecraft linked to it) and have no access to a bank statement to prove the account is mine (it was purchased by my now deceased grandmother, and my grandfather has no idea where she keeps that stuff), so my only way to play minecraft again is to buy another version.

I'm only a tad salty. Only a tad.

To be fair that was kinda' your fault...

But yeah. Game has PSX graphics yet has problems running on a 3rd gen i5. They made a Java-less version that runs a lot better but it's exclusive to Windows 8 Intrusive DRM Edition (otherwise known as Windows 10).

Something just crossed my mind. If you have a problem with Minecraft on PS3 / PS4, do you contact Microsoft? 'Cause that would be ironic...
Nah, you'd probably contact 4J Studios, just like you'd contact 505Games for problems with Console Terraria.
Though, I do wonder how much influence MS will take regarding Console Minecraft.

Nah, you'd probably contact 4J Studios, just like you'd contact 505Games for problems with Console Terraria.
Though, I do wonder how much influence MS will take regarding Console Minecraft.

Well they've already taken the first steps towards alienating most of the PC fanbase...

Voffie, to me it's sounding like your account got hacked, and whoever did it probably changed the name and that's why it appears to have stopped existing. But then again I have no clue how this stuff works.

Minecraft is OK if it's vanilla, but really I've been playing with mods (currently only doing 1.7.10 because most of my favorite mods haven't really updated to the newest version and I get super bored of vanilla).

Version 1.9 is now released. I'm going to download it and give it a test run tonight.

I've been playing since 1.8 was released and haven't tried a snapshot. From what I've gathered on the Wiki, there is some nice new features like the End changes. And shields! I like shields in RPGs. Dual wielding would be more useful if torches illuminated the surrounding area while being held.

But I really have to wonder: did anyone really think combat was lacking? When I think Minecraft, I think exploration, building, crafting and so on. Not combat! How can a "Combat Update" feature zero new weapons and just one new enemy? If it makes combat/survival a chore, I may stick with 1.8 for now. All this for zombies, skeletons and the game's single worst feature*? I'm also cautious of changes they've made to boats. The change itself is not a big deal, but huge parts of my main world are water and I am frequently using boats. I'm not judging yet - I'll try it and see how it goes. Anyone else tried it? What are your thoughts?

I wish the game would focus more on exploration and variety. There's a whole Nether and End dimension that could use some love. The Overworld itself could also have more biomes and variety. Many of them are very similar; there are few unique biomes (e.g. Mesa, Jungle, Swamp). There is very little underground - just some caves and mineshafts. How about underground rivers or underground villages? And the vast emptiness of Oceans - no fish, no coral, no seaweed. Oh well... maybe in 1.10?

(* Creepers, obviously. Destroying everything you do. They're why I turned mob griefing off.)

I'm also cautious of changes they've made to boats.

Wow, no kidding. The boat code has always been some of the most horribly written code in the game, it was just a mess, leaving a trail of awesome looking but eventually abandoned mods in its wake because there is simply no easy way to deal with it other than completely rewriting your own code and even that leaves holes that simply can not be rewritten in any practical way.

I'm glad they finally changed the controls to something more natural, left/right turning the boat and the mouse not affecting direction at all, but moving it all to the client and disabling the use of items and weapons while in a boat? I'm very skeptical.

And the vast emptiness of Oceans - no fish, no coral, no seaweed. Oh well... maybe in 1.10?

This is the number one thing I would like to see improved, the ocean is just so empty. Maybe in x.xx version is practically the mantra of minecraft, but I'm not going to hold my breath, I've already turned blue and passed out waiting for the built-in API that was suppose to be here like 17 updates ago.

Last edited:
I like this update. Seems to re-balance the game so that it resembles the good ol' days a little more. Also brings a few things from the Java-less version like the boat variety.

Not sure it was worth 9/11-ing pretty much every major mod out there, some permanently, but it's not like we can do anything about it so yeah nice update GG.

I gave 1.9.0 a quick try and the new boat mechanics are pretty decent. It is annoying that every time you start or stop moving, your equiped items disappear or appear, respectively, but over all it is better than it was before. It also seems that the silly nonsense of boats breaking if you touch anything has been removed, thank devs for small favors.

Wow, no kidding. The boat code has always been some of the most horribly written code in the game, it was just a mess, leaving a trail of awesome looking but eventually abandoned mods in its wake because there is simply no easy way to deal with it other than completely rewriting your own code and even that leaves holes that simply can not be rewritten in any practical way.
Boats in vanilla were a mess. (At least for me.) Sailing along clear ocean, nothing in sight - it breaks. Sailing through the swamp - sometimes the lilypad breaks, sometimes the boat. Squid breaches the water - boat breaks. Game lags for some reason and you find yourself in land - it breaks. Related to the lag, sometimes the game 'loses' the position you're in, so where the boat is visually is not where the game is tracking the boat to be. My favourite: when you dismount a boat, it shoots off in a random direction far from you.

I'm thankful they removed the hold left and right keys to go forward mechanics (and reverted it to the forward key), as well as the need for a shovel in crafting. I'm hopeful they fixed the other break/lag/dismount issues. (Jeckel, have you tried it?)

The other half of 1.9: Combat updates... it hasn't been that long, but I'm really iffy about them. So far I've found they only slow the game down. Especially the delay when changing tools.
The new mechanic of weapon damage and recharge would be better if they expanded the weapons so the mechanic is used to its full potential. For example: swords. There's a base one-handed sword with inflicts X damage and needs Y time to recharge. How about adding a dagger that deals X/2 damage but recharges in Y/2 the time? A two-handed greatsword (no off-hand tool with it) that deals X*2 damage and has heavier knockback, but takes Y*2 time to recharge? To complement the bow: a longbow (for longer range - less damage, but safer) and crossbow (short range - more damage, but more vulnerable)? Halberds or battleaxes to complement the existing axe tool? It feels like a missed opportunity. Maybe in 1.10?

This is the number one thing I would like to see improved, the ocean is just so empty. Maybe in x.xx version is practically the mantra of minecraft, but I'm not going to hold my breath, I've already turned blue and passed out waiting for the built-in API that was suppose to be here like 17 updates ago.
Or maybe not...

But I'll keep playing and enjoying anyway. :)

I'm hopeful they fixed the other break/lag/dismount issues. (Jeckel, have you tried it?)

I haven't had my boat break at all, even full speed ramming land, so I think that is gone completely. Haven't come across any lily pads to see if they fixed the issue with the pads not always breaking when you hit them. The new dismount mechanic is a great improvement and I haven't had my boat shoot away from me when dismounting at all. They seem to have enabled drag on the boats movement when it is empty, so if you do tap it then it will move away some and slow to a stop instead of flying across the pond.

EDIT: I've never really had much lag issues at all, outside of loading large number of chunks while sprint-flying, so I can't say if any lag issues have been improved or not.

All in all, a decent update to the boat behavior and I'm pretty happy with it so far. I still want to get a look at the code to see how hacky it is, but assuming they actually did it right, I might give my Boatcraft mod another try once Forge is released for the new version.

So I guess I'm not playing with 1.7.10 mods anymore (even after trying 1.9 and reverting back to 1.7.10). Each time I try to create a world with mods the client just crashes.

EDIT: I should specify that it's made 2 of the mods (balkon weapon mod and galacticraft) not playable because of entity ID 26 (WHICH I CAN'T FIND)

ID 26 seems to be beds, assuming the id problem was with blocks. I don't use either of those mods, so can't help you with them, but I had no problem running my 1.7.10 game with 50+ mods after switching my profile back from 1.9.0.

I gave 1.9.0 a quick try and the new boat mechanics are pretty decent. It is annoying that every time you start or stop moving, your equiped items disappear or appear, respectively, but over all it is better than it was before. It also seems that the silly nonsense of boats breaking if you touch anything has been removed, thank devs for small favors.

For some reason mine are always flooded. Maybe I just wet myself in excitement, IDK.

Back
Top Bottom