Most Expensive yet not That Good Item

Status
Not open for further replies.
for me,i would say that the flamethrower is not worth the grind,it doesnt even have a good DPS, i dont want to pay 25 gold coins and 20 souls from the skeletron prime which i hardly obtained the souls

Or just get infinite sand from new wordls in the time it would take to grind all those mandibles.
Build a desert farm for whichever reason suits you(me it would be cacti for a themed house or endless supply of potion related things)
get the mandibles as a byproduct
get endless sand as a bonus

-------------

Most useless thing for me would have to be the dr bones zombie. I NEVER find him. :(

Most useless thing for me would have to be the dr bones zombie. I NEVER find him. :(

try to stay in jungle for a long time and maybe one day you will find him.
7bHndha.jpg

Everything that requires RNG. Too time-consuming for too little benefit - the time wasted gathering random drops/killing the same boss ad nauseam just to find out the "uber" weapon everyone's talking about is not as impressive as one would expect from something that took forty boss fights to get.

Chlorophyte bullet, worse than crystal bullet and really expensive.
Except for the whole "hit every shot" and "hit around 180 degree corners" thing.
[DOUBLEPOST=1429241192][/DOUBLEPOST]
Everything that requires RNG. Too time-consuming for too little benefit - the time wasted gathering random drops/killing the same boss ad nauseam just to find out the "uber" weapon everyone's talking about is not as impressive as one would expect from something that took forty boss fights to get.
But the thing is, you shouldn't be GRINDING too much for rng things. Its funner just to have them drop randomly like they're meant to! On my most recent playthrough the first mob I killed in hardmode dropped a Celestial Frost Staff :D

I don't see what's there to laugh about. Random drops of static/barely changing items is as far removed from fun as a game can get. Fortunately devs said they're trying to tune down on that cheap, boring and unbalanced game mechanic for 1.3.

I don't see what's there to laugh about. Random drops of static/barely changing items is as far removed from fun as a game can get. Fortunately devs said they're trying to tune down on that cheap, boring and unbalanced game mechanic for 1.3.
Keep in mind, thats your opinion. Yes rdm is TOO important in 1.2. But the thrilling bit is forgetting some items even exist, and just suddenly coming up with the key to the universe from shooting a skeleton.

Or having to fight the same boss forty times for the one item you really want from that boss - that is quite a thrilling experience I don't ever want to repeat. I don't enjoy being kicked in the gonads, and RNG is the gaming equivalent to that, at least in the way Terraria uses it.

Hammush. It is super expensive, only available after a Mech Boss has been defeated, and it's only slightly better than the pwnhammer which only has the purpose of destroying demon/crimson altars and can be gotten for free every time you kill the WoF. By the time you can get it, you will have destroyed most of the altars that you deem necessary. After enough altars have been destroyed you can still use your molten hamaxe for most of hardmode which is still very fast and doesn't take up an extra inventory space like the Hammush and Pwnhammer do.

Yay! now I can make... glass.....
Glass+silk=molotovs, You know you want to set the world on fire...

...Speaking of, Terraria REALLY needs more pyromaniac weapons. RE LOGIC!! Give us a hardmode flaregun with actual combat potential so we can burn this world down.

Glass+silk=molotovs, You know you want to set the world on fire...

...Speaking of, Terraria REALLY needs more pyromaniac weapons. RE LOGIC!! Give us a hardmode flaregun with actual combat potential so we can burn this world down.
There should be like, a more powerful Flare Gun, and it uses all the same flares as the normal one, but ALSO better flares, like Cursed/Ichor flares, as well as frost flares and Shadow flares, since 1.3 is adding Shadowflames.

Hammush. It is super expensive, only available after a Mech Boss has been defeated, and it's only slightly better than the pwnhammer which only has the purpose of destroying demon/crimson altars and can be gotten for free every time you kill the WoF. By the time you can get it, you will have destroyed most of the altars that you deem necessary. After enough altars have been destroyed you can still use your molten hamaxe for most of hardmode which is still very fast and doesn't take up an extra inventory space like the Hammush and Pwnhammer do.

Terraria uses it better than a lot of other games. RNG isn't as bad as your making it out to be.
Nothing too important requires RNG so its your fault for fighting him 40 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom