Weapons & Equip Multi class items suggestion

Gdi_Thunder

Terrarian
I don’t have any specifics but I was just reading the post about more boomerang concepts. Ones of the boomerangs was defined as a manarang. This peaked my interest in if terraria has anyplace for melee, or ranged weapons that use mana to use them.

For example it would be cool if you could have a sword like enchanted sword but the projectile would fire if they had mana to spend.

Or for ranged weapon could be like the ballista turret but it consumes 1-3 mana ever second or per shot. Dealing pure ranged damage.

I think giving some more multiclass items into the game probably falls under terraria 2 ideas or even to modded but what are some thoughts about this?

I know that the butcher’s chainsaw deals melee with the blade but magic with the sparks. I’m not sure about giving the mage’s gimmick to other classes.

The problem with this is that the split damage would significantly underperform, and in most cases wouldn't be worth using. And armor sets that benefit multiple classes come few and far between, so unless you're willing to mix armor pieces for multiple different types of class damage, you'd just be doing mediocre damage.

Back
Top Bottom