PC Multiplayer desync

Melon_Stealer

Terrarian
Hi, so me and my friend have been playing multiplayer for a few days now and every time we play we're desynced (he stutters on my screen and vice versa). We tried hosting via steam, used Hamachi and other programs, tweaked with the compatibility settings, took turns being hosts, etc. but we still have desync. Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

That very likely originates from your Internet connection(s). Terraria synchronizes player movement very sparsely but often enough to basically prevent any desync with a sufficiently responsive connection. Making everything smooth even in the face of connection jitter is an extremely hard problem to solve in computer science, because the other clients and the server understandably cannot predict the future.
If 'stuttering' just means minor hiccups where a player suddenly moves to another position or changes direction, you are dealing with jitter, about which there isn't much to do.

That very likely originates from your Internet connection(s). Terraria synchronizes player movement very sparsely but often enough to basically prevent any desync with a sufficiently responsive connection. Making everything smooth even in the face of connection jitter is an extremely hard problem to solve in computer science, because the other clients and the server understandably cannot predict the future.
If 'stuttering' just means minor hiccups where a player suddenly moves to another position or changes direction, you are dealing with jitter, about which there isn't much to do.
Damn, thanks man

Back
Top Bottom