PC Need some advice on consistently beating Duke Fishron on Expert Mode

Raulzus

Skeletron Prime
I'm doing an archer playthrough where I only use bows and have been having a hard time beating Duke Fishron reliably on expert.

I'm trying to get the Tsunami and the Fishron Wings off of him but have only managed to beat him one out of four times.

Here's my loadout:

• Unreal Chlorophyte Shotbow with Venom Arrows
  • Shroomite Armor with Headgear
  • Menacing Magic Quiver
  • Warding Charm of Myths
  • Warding Celestial Shell
  • Menacing Ankh Shield
  • Warding Star Veil
  • Menacing Ranger Emblem
And here's all of the potions I use:

• Ironskin Potion
  • Regeneration Potion
  • Lifeforce Potion
  • Endurance Potion
  • Wrath Potion
  • Swiftness Potion
  • Archery Potion
  • Water Walking Potion
I didn't bother making an arena because I'm lazy so I just use the UFO mount for mobility. I did place down some campfires, sunflowers, and heart lanterns for some few extra boosts though.

One question, are Venom Arrows the best for Duke Fishron or would Holy Arrows perform better now that they've been buffed?

EDIT: Switching out my Star Veil for a Sniper Scope and my Venom Arrows for Holy Arrows seemed to do the trick. I have beaten him 3 times in a row now. Still have yet to get the Tsunami and the Fishron Wings though.

EDIT 2: Got my Tsunami and reforged it to Unreal. Now to just get those Fishron Wings.

EDIT 3: Just wow. Unreal Tsunami with Holy Arrows absolutely destroys him. He went down in less than 30 seconds.

Last edited:
All you have to do is use the UFO mount with Megashark and Chlorophyte Bullets. It will be really hard to defeat him with a bow as he gets too hard to hit on his 3rd stage where he disappears. The key with the UFO mount is to fly diagonal as it makes it really hard for him to hit you. Get the UFO minions as well to help you out with him. When you get him to his 3rd stage, he will become invisible and appear behind you so make sure to keep moving and predicting where he will appear next. Once you figure out his patterns, you will have no problem beating him.

All you have to do is use the UFO mount with Megashark and Chlorophyte Bullets. It will be really hard to defeat him with a bow as he gets too hard to hit on his 3rd stage where he disappears. The key with the UFO mount is to fly diagonal as it makes it really hard for him to hit you. Get the UFO minions as well to help you out with him. When you get him to his 3rd stage, he will become invisible and appear behind you so make sure to keep moving and predicting where he will appear next. Once you figure out his patterns, you will have no problem beating him.
I would take your advice but I want to keep to the spirit of the challenge and only use bows. Using a Chlorophyte Shotbow with Holy Arrows makes him doable though he can get pretty difficult in his third stage if you don't finish him off quickly.

If you use the UFO mount, make sure to remember that you might as well replace your wings and sprinting item with other things as they won't have any effect.

I had the Phantasm before I tried beating Expert Duke, so I was able to do it on my third try. Not sure if you have that yet. I actually used Fishron Wings with Frog Leg instead of my UFO mount -- its vertical acceleration makes dodging nearly consistently possible. Make sure to NOT to move TOO MUCH horizontally, DO NOT hold til you glide, and DO NOT fly all the way up into space. All of these slows you down and Duke will get you. Fly up (at just enough of a diagonal that you don't collide with the chasing Duke), fall down to the ground, fly up again, while firing your (Phantasm?) bow.

If you use the UFO mount, make sure to remember that you might as well replace your wings and sprinting item with other things as they won't have any effect.

I had the Phantasm before I tried beating Expert Duke, so I was able to do it on my third try. Not sure if you have that yet. I actually used Fishron Wings with Frog Leg instead of my UFO mount -- its vertical acceleration makes dodging nearly consistently possible. Make sure to NOT to move TOO MUCH horizontally, DO NOT hold til you glide, and DO NOT fly all the way up into space. All of these slows you down and Duke will get you. Fly up (at just enough of a diagonal that you don't collide with the chasing Duke), fall down to the ground, fly up again, while firing your (Phantasm?) bow.
Yep. I always switch out my Frostspark Boots and my Wings with a Celestial Shell and a Sniper Scope and I'm able to take him out fairly easily. I have not gotten the Phantasm yet though. I'm still trying to get the Fishron Wings for the Lunar Event.

Back
Top Bottom