Items Nuts

Redstonetam15

Eater of Worlds
The tree, we all know it, right? The thing that gives you wood and is essential to starting your game? It doesn't have much use for combat other than a sword, a bow, and Armor. But it doesn't have anything for Throwing. Some of you are probably yelling at your screen saying, "WHY DIDNT YOU SUGGEST A WOOD SHIRUKEN!?!?!?!" But that's not what I'm here for. I'd like to suggest Nuts. (No not that kind.) One extra note I'm sorry for the spaces in the sprites, I use Piskel, and I'm kinda a noob at spriting.
Nut
340d88ae-5b5c-11e5-927f-dfb044466686.gif

5 Throwing Damage
4% Critical Strike
12 Frames between throws/ 12 Use Time
5 Velocity
1 Knockback
Has a 25% Chance to cause confusion.
Material
(Obtained by chopping trees, 1/5 ratio with wood.)

Any now, for some more crafting recipes.

Roasted Nuts
465ba711-5ce6-11e5-9ed5-9b199f4fb4cc.gif

Gives Well Fed for 15 Minutes
Gives Regeneration for 30 Seconds
Crafting: 25 Cracked Nuts, 1 Bottle @ Cooking Pot

Cracked Nut
69d99347-5b5d-11e5-a3eb-dfb044466686.gif

Gives Well Fed for 1 Minute
Material
1 Nut @ Hand

Magical Nut
244ae9cc-5cd3-11e5-a05a-9b199f4fb4cc.gif

Stats:
23 Throwing Damage
7% Critical Strike Chance
7.5 Velocity
10 Knockback
14 Use Time
Causes Stun, a debuff where you can't move. People who are affected have stars flying around their head. Tooltip: You have been stunned.
Crafting: 5 Nuts, 1 Pixie Dust (Makes 5)

Sling
(SPRITE COMING SOON)
6-15 Ranged Damage
4% Critical Strike Chance
2 Knockback
20 Use Time/ 3 Second Charge
10 Velocity
Can use Rocks (Crafted with stone, makes 5. Does 7 Ranged Damage. Used with Slingshot), Nuts, and Birds (Because Reference, does 10 damage.)
Found in Wooden Chests.

Thanks for looking at this thread!
-Redstone

Last edited:
Kind of redundant considering the wood bow is of the same tier and does more damage (and has a better range.) No support.

Shurikens are lying all over the place right from the start and you can also buy more of them. Snowballs are easy to get as well. So I dunno why there just has to be something throwable that's also wood-related just because there's a wooden sword/bow/armour. What's next, a wooden pistol?

So, yeah, meh.

Do you know what's also useless endgame? Every pre hardmode weapon suggestion. That's not a viable argument.

Perhaps you could make a deku nut reference upgrade?
Ah quiet.

Also, its completely useless midgame, and 5 SECONDS INTO THE FREAKING GAME!

Shurikens and snowballs are better, as Gotcha said.

Next you want to make Sand Rod: Why fling dirt when you can fling (Dun dun dun) Sand!

Ah quiet.

Also, its completely useless midgame, and 5 SECONDS INTO THE FREAKING GAME!

Shurikens and snowballs are better, as Gotcha said.

Next you want to make Sand Rod: Why fling dirt when you can fling (Dun dun dun) Sand!
Oh my objection was simply due to you using poor logic to try to sink a suggestion.

Maybe it could drop the confusion, lose one damage and throw out 3-5 nuts in a tight cluster? At a slower speed of course.

Edit: Better idea. Have a sling item in wooden chests. It'd be a charged weapon that uses the thrown damage type. Use the nuts as an ammo type along side one made using rocks.

Last edited:
Oh my objection was simply due to you using poor logic to try to sink a suggestion.

Maybe it could drop the confusion, lose one damage and throw out 3-5 nuts in a tight cluster? At a slower speed of course.

Edit: Better idea. Have a sling item in wooden chests. It'd be a charged weapon that uses the thrown damage type. Use the nuts as an ammo type along side one made using rocks.
I might. I was thinking about that a long time ago. I might make a sprite, since it's the weekend. :)

I was always curious why the blowpipe only shot grass seeds.

But yes. A sling would make this suggestion much better, and the roasted/cracked nuts should be kept.

Also, queeestion. Does the sling shoot all throwns or just nuts? (Shuriken Sling. MOO HAW HAW)

Slingshot
(SPRITE COMING SOON)
6 Damage
4% Critical Strike Chance
2 Knockback
20 Use Time
10 Velocity
Can use Rocks (Crafted with stone, makes 5. Does 7 Ranged Damage. Used with Slingshot), Nuts, and Birds (Because Reference.)
There seems to have been an error in communication, A slingshot would still be ranged. A slingshot uses elastic force to launch things. A sling is something that you spin around and kind of throw the projectile out of the sling.

I was always curious why the blowpipe only shot grass seeds.

But yes. A sling would make this suggestion much better, and the roasted/cracked nuts should be kept.

Also, queeestion. Does the sling shoot all throwns or just nuts? (Shuriken Sling. MOO HAW HAW)
It shoots another suggested item, rocks, and birds (Angry Birds? Anyone?)

Back
Top Bottom