Portfolio/Multi-Topic Paper, and stuff to make out of it

zenithspeed

The Destroyer
I mean... why not add paper? It has some random uses and also allows for crafting some stuff.

Obtaining:
Hitting trees has a chance to drop 1-5 Tree Bark items. This can be crafted into paper:
1x Tree Bark @ Sawmill (???) = 5x Paper

Paper can be placed and would look like sheets of A4 paper stacked on the floor. It would work similar to coins or ore bars when placed.

Here's what could be made out of paper:

Paper Ball: Throwable very quickly, but has very low damage, more or less a novelty weapon (could maybe be used to harm NPC's if the Rotten Eggs or Flymeal aren't currently available?). Isn't greatly affected by gravity and its speed varies based on the wind.
Crafting:
1x Paper @ N/A = 1x Paper Ball

Paper Airplanes: Already exist in the game, but are fairly rare.
Crafting:
1x Paper @ N/A (or a workbench or table, maybe) = 1x Paper Airplane (either variant)

Books: Already exists in the game, and can be obtained from the Dungeon or purchased from the Wizard.
Crafting:
20x Paper + 2x Leather @ Workbench = 1x Book
If this crafting recipe were to hypothetically be implemented, the Wizard should no longer sell books. However, a way to obtain Leather (crafted from Rotten Chunks) on Crimson worlds would need to be implemented.

Sticky Note: New item. A 1x1 placable object that can be placed on walls or on block surfaces (similar to switches from the Mechanic) and can be written on. Essentially a smaller version of the sign.
Crafting:
1x Paper + 1x Gel (equivalent to glue, i guess) @ N/A = 1x Sticky Note

Paper-Lined Sword
"An angry child's favourite toy. May cause bleeding."
A "new" weapon that deals low damage but has a small (5-10%?) chance to inflict the bleeding debuff (= simulation of a paper cut) for about 2 seconds. It would look like a wooden sword with little paper spikes on it.
Crafting:
1x Wooden Sword + 10x Paper + 10x Gel @ Workbench or Table = 1x Paper-Lined Sword

Paper Armor: Provides virtually no defense but has good mobility boosts. The hat would look like those spiky elongated cone hats you might've made in 2nd grade arts & crafts class, while the rest are just ordinary armor pieces.
Crafting:
Paper Hat: 15x Paper + 5x Gel
Paper Chestplate: 25x Paper + 10x Gel
Paper Leggings: 20x Paper + 10x Gel
(all @ Workbench or Table)
Stats:
Paper Hat: +5% damage (?)
Paper Chestplate: +10% attack speed, 1 defense
Paper Leggings: +10% movement speed and +20% jump height
Set bonus: 2 defense

PS. i'm not good with balancing, so feel free to give feedback regarding anything!

If this is intended to be a mobility-focused armor set, along with it being considerably early-game, it should at least be 1/2/1 defense, the Paper Hat should have perhaps a 10% fall acceleration reduction (unique to the set afaik), the chestplate should have +7% movement speed, leggings should have +5% movement speed and +2 jump height (2 blocks), and the set bonus could be something such as a subtle acceleration boost.

Just some ideas to hopefully balance it out a bit, but take it with a grain of salt as i'm not exactly known for my skills in balancing items.

I like all of these, except for the weapon and armor. If the armor were vanity, I'd like it, but if not, I don't see why it should be in the game. Also, maybe take leather out of the recipe for books, so we don't need to worry about parity between world evils? We can replace it with bamboo or wood.

Back
Top Bottom