NPCs & Enemies Post-Plantera Dungeon Bones deserve better Debuffs

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Yes, the Hardode Dungeon enemies inflict a bunch of debuffs, but why not go a step further?

Blue Armored Bones should inflict Broken Armor 1/5 of the time for 60 seconds. Why?
Armored_Skeleton.png
This guy can inflict Broken Armor 1/6 (16.7%) for 5 minutes.
Blue_Armored_Bones_2.png
Blue_Armored_Bones_1.png
Blue_Armored_Bones_3.png
Blue_Armored_Bones_4.png
These guys can only inflict it for a few measly seconds. It seems unfair.

Rusty_Armored_Bones_1.png
Rusty_Armored_Bones_2.png
Rusty_Armored_Bones_3.png
Rusty_Armored_Bones_4.png

Next up, the Rusty Armored company. I think they should be able to inflict the Weakness debuff in addition Bleeding. They're wielding pointy rusty things. Tetanus, anyone?

Giant_Cursed_Skull.png

Finally, at Fruitbat's request, I've added the Giant Cursed Skull, who needs to inflict the Cursed debuff like its little brother.
This would make farming the Nazar easier and make perfect sense at the same time.

Well, that's it. Feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
i meant the olds ones, thats why i like this suggestion.
also, why not give the dungeon spirit a few debuffs?
(confusion, cursed, etc?)
i think its kinda weak right now.

Definitely need cursed skulls to drop nazar damn that thing is hard to get. Support :)

They inflict the debuff for a shorter amount of time because you are constantly under attack while in the dungeon, but in the normal underground, it's a lot more peaceful so a 6 second debuff there won't really effect you. You might get hit 5 times in those 6 seconds in the dungeon, but might be hit 2 times in those 5 minutes underground.

heavy skeletons are really op... almost guarantees the need to resurface to pay the nurse.
not if you don't let them touch you ;)

anyways, at this point the hell armored bones would seem underpowered, considering fire isn't that bad of a debuff. they should inflict something else as well.

They inflict the debuff for a shorter amount of time because you are constantly under attack while in the dungeon, but in the normal underground, it's a lot more peaceful so a 6 second debuff there won't really effect you. You might get hit 5 times in those 6 seconds in the dungeon, but might be hit 2 times in those 5 minutes underground.
I don't know if you know this, but the Post-Plantera Dungeon is supposed to be a lot harder than just being Underground. :p

anyways, at this point the hell armored bones would seem underpowered, considering fire isn't that bad of a debuff. they should inflict something else as well.
I think that Bleeding and Weakness are just about as bad as On Fire is. Anyways, any ideas?

I don't know if you know this, but the Post-Plantera Dungeon is supposed to be a lot harder than just being Underground. :p
It is. You're under attack constantly in the dungeon meanwhile in the normal underground an enemy spawns every once in awhile. If the debuff was 6 seconds in the underground, players would very rarely ever be hit with half of their defense, but in the dungeon they're likely to be hit a few times what with the constant spawning of enemies that can apply the debuff. The dungeon is supposed to be hard, but the devs probably thought a longer lasting debuff would be too hard. Weren't you against frostburn wheels in some other topic for the same reason? You say it's unfair that the dungeon mobs apply the debuff for a smaller amount of time than underground skeletons, but you then suggest a time that is still smaller than underground skeletons.

Weren't you against frostburn wheels in some other topic for the same reason?
I was against Frostburn because it wasn't very fitting. :l
You say it's unfair that the dungeon mobs apply the debuff for a smaller amount of time than underground skeletons, but you then suggest a time that is still smaller than underground skeletons.
For the reasons you just stated. So what?

I hate you
Yes, the Hardode Dungeon enemies inflict a bunch of debuffs, but why not go a step further?

Blue Armored Bones should inflict Broken Armor 1/5 of the time for 60 seconds. Why?
Armored_Skeleton.png
Blue_Armored_Bones_2.png
Blue_Armored_Bones_1.png
Blue_Armored_Bones_3.png
Blue_Armored_Bones_4.png

Next up, the Rusty Armored company. I think they should be able to inflict the Weakness debuff in addition Bleeding. They're wielding pointy rusty things. Tetanus, anyone?

Giant_Cursed_Skull.png

Finally, at Fruitbat's request, I've added the Giant Cursed Skull, who needs to inflict the Cursed debuff like its little brother.
This would make farming the Nazar easier and make perfect sense at the same time.

as a

Armored_Skeleton.png
Blue_Armored_Bones_2.png
Blue_Armored_Bones_1.png
Blue_Armored_Bones_3.png
Blue_Armored_Bones_4.png

Giant_Cursed_Skull.png

I hate you. Cursed is :red:ing broken in master mode

Back
Top Bottom