PC Preparing For Hardmode - Having The Least Difficulty After WoF

SteveisNoob

Pixel Pirate
I have decided to make this guide, because, starting hardmode by far the most difficult part of Terraria, especially on Expert mode. And also I will try and level preps for different difficulty, so you will be choose a difficulty level and be prepared for it :) Anyway, I will start this with mid-pre-hardmode and finish with the mechanical bosses. And may be continue it after mechanicals or post a completely new thread. Of course, I will use spoilers to avoid awakening Wall of Texts which are very hard to defeat. So, let me start :)

So, this is the first step. You need to clear all bosses, events and environments(Dungeon, Jungle, Underworld, Floating Islands etc). Of course, depending on your play style or conditions, you don't have to clear them up, but, if you're planning to clear them, DO IT. It's very important, for example if you planning to make the Terra Blade, make Blade of Grass before hardmode, else the tough monsters of HM Jungle will eat you greatly, especially on Expert mode. So, let's get started.

Some boss drops are really good for early hardmode, so having them very important to survive very early hardmode. Let's see something;

The Bee's Knees, is a perfect weapon, if you manage to locate yourself in good spots this weapon will work in most cases, for example after smashing altars hook yourself a 15-20 block high ceiling and shoot the bow. Killer bees will do all of the work.

The Beenades, they're mostly effective against WoF, but you can also use them like The Bee's Knees, providing the same advantages.

Honeyed Googles, ability to fly can be a life saver while dealing with big and angry crowds, and also might provide some good sneak-in points.

The Bee Keeper, my favourite, is capable of confuse enemies, meaning you can chase your victims. :) So, which thing can be better than chasing ones who supposed to chase you? Anything! :)

The Hive Pack, is for supporting the first two weapons, when playing Expert there's no reason to ignore it.(Unless you are doing a Mage/Melee/Summon-only run)

The Worm Scarf, is almost a must for Expert mode, especially if you aren't that good at dodging.

The Brain of Confusion, in fact a bad item, because it only works when you're struck(worst thing on Expert) but also very helpful when you are struck. And, interestingly, if you manage to get careful about your HP bar, you can get struck intentionally and then confuse enemies, which will open up for some good kills.

The Shield of Cthulhu, mostly effective against enemies with high knockback immunity. You can knockback yourself while dealing damage then use a high damage weapon to weaken your enemy, but be careful, if you under threat on both directions, this accesory can be a death reason. So, be careful.

Slimy Saddle, it's interesting, but jumping on monsters and dealing damage to them is funny, so you can use this item to relax your nerves when you got way too much stressed :)

These're my favourites from bosses. Of course, there're some more good items to use, for example Slime Hook, Book of Skulls etc, but I don't think saying every boss drop is a good idea, I must select something from the table right :)

I don't think the Handgun(Phoenix Blaster) isn't a must even for rangers, the only exception is if you're doing a gunslinger. In this case, take it.

Water Bolt also isn't that effective, but with high knockback, it's really useful on open spaces, and of course, if you spam bolts on narrow corridors it can easily achive good DPS, so, doesn't hurt to have. :)

Alchemy Table, is a complete must, especially on Expert, since it offers about %40 of efficiency when making potions.

Shadow Key, we will need some Shadow Chest loot, so, don't miss it.

Muramasa, you don't want to miss the awesome Blade of Terra :)

Water Candles, we might want to farm something! ;)

Aqua Scepter, with fast speed and continous damage this weapon might be useful, don't miss it. And the Magic Missle, unfortunalety it's not a good selection for me...

These two places offer some Godsend items, so it's very important to not miss them. Let's get started.

Shiny Red Balloons and Lucky Horseshoes excellent accesories before obtaining wings. So get them as quickly as possible.

Skylakes, I will mention them later :)

Staff of Regrowth, is a perfect tool for plant farming. The best use(I think) is not using Clay Pots or Planter Boxes, instead create seperated natural growing areas and plant seeds there. This will save you from difficult bloom conditions, and with the aid of Alchemy Table the low growing speed isn't that mush problem. Really, believe me, it's also easier and cheaper ;)

Feral Claws, a must for every melee player(for example me :D ) and in most cases, it's impossible to miss it.

Flower Boots, I will explain its use later on the thread, but I'm sure you will love the good use.

Bezoar, having it pre-hardmode is very important, because the Moss Hornets can be really annoying, especially on Expert.(Literally, they can kill you with 3 or 4 hits...)

Stingers, Jungle Spores, Vines; these three for making three items; Blade of Grass(for melee), Jungle Armor(for mage, if you want to upgrade your Gem Robe and Magic Hat) and finally the Ivy Whip(for everyone, it's an excellent hook).

Anklet of Winds, Lightning/Frostspark Boots very good to have, mobility is the most important in boss fights. Really, dodging grants survival, and so availability to deal damage.(Ups, it seems I'm about to mess up, let's finish this)

Fiberglass Fishing Pole, is the perfect one if Travelling Merchant doesn't be coop on a Corrupt world. On a Crimson world Fleshcatcher will work well.

We finished that part, these are all my must do-s on my plays, and I highly recommend to do them :)

Dark Lance, a good spear viable in hardmode, with advantage of attacking trough blocks.

Flower of Fire, awesome magic weapon. Though it's ineffective on water it is still awesome on places with no water.

Flamelash, with the ability of controlled projectile this weapon is a good choice for a mage-only character.

Demon Scythe, a good weapon, with piercing ability and high damage you can use it on early hardmode

Molten Fury, when paired with Jester's Arrows this bow will do until you get an awesome repeater.(Please, don't use a one below Adamantite/Titanium tier...)

Molten Hamaxe, is a good tool, but not necessary :p

Molten Pickaxe, no, it's awful. There's a faster pick, the Reaver Shark. Fish up it and save yourself from wasting 20 Hellstone Bars.

Hellwing Bow, again, no. It has no use on hardmode(I'm counting the Destroyer too) and only useful against WoF. But, there're lots of things that can perform better against WoF...

And yeah, anything I didn't mention is also included in the "no, don't use" category.

That's true, make sure you checked everywhere on the Oceans. If you manage to get a Water Walking Boots it will save you from building a bridge on the Underworld or using some potions.(Lava Waders) Don't forget, you can find this loot in any Water Chest in the world.

Fish up a Reaver Shark. Why would you waste 20 Hellstone Bars for the slowest pick in the game? At least, the Reaver Shark has the same pickaxe power with Molten Pick, and faster.

Jester's Arrows, that's true, these arrows have an incredible ability of pierce infinitely. Meaning, you can make a sweet surprise to the Destroyer with these. :) Anyways, these arrows also perform well against WoF, so, gather as many as you can.

Very good, if you manage to come this step, you finally finished the pre-hardmode. Now, I need to ask you a question:
What do you want from the early hardmode? (Use the spoilers below to answer the question)

Oh no, should have been killed WoF already... Now, don't lose much time, go slay it!

Well, now we need to check something. Firstly, make sure you obtained all those items:
  • Lightning/Frostspark Boots. Fast running speed is a good thing, you don't want to let monsters to chase you just cuz of you're walking like a snail.
  • Lava Waders. Completely optional, but you will like the mobility increase, especially the 7-second lava immunity!
  • Obsidian Shield. Dude, really, you won't want to get slapped by Hardmode monsters.
  • Nazar and Bezoar. Why not farming them when it's easier? So, go get them!
  • Completed Gear. Do you have your planned armor? It can be anything, Necro, Bee, Molten, Jungle, Meteor, Gem Robe/Magic Hat etc. Just make sure you have it and it's enaugh to you on early Hardmode.
  • Pre-Hardmode exclusives. Are you a collector? Then make sure you had everything before Hardmode. Cascade, Wall Creeper Banner, Rally some of these.(I will add the other ones)

OK, now you need to do a very high work. Firstly, make sure you did everything for the medium difficulty. Also, check for EVERYTHING available in pre-hardmode, and if you had A BIT think of it might be useful, then get it. OK, the very thing will force you in Hardmode is the mining process of Hardmode Ores. So, we need a good way to obtain them via a painless/less-painful way. The result is going a big fishing process. I will explain the process in the later spoiler("I have purification projects on my mind" one), so let's turn our work. We will also need some building for hardmode;
  • Build 22(number of NPCs on the PC) NPC rooms, if you make more, for example 25, it will give you ability to relocate NPCs.
  • Create an artificial Jungle biome near your base. (Having all NPCs together is a difficulty decreaser and you might want Witch Doctor to live in Jungle.) Also make a surface Mushroom biome near your base to have access to Truffle.
  • Make an arena for pirates, it shouldn't too far from your base. To have ideal position, make your standing area far from about 85-90 blocks from near of your base. This will keep Pirates far from your NPCs and not prevent them from spawning.
  • Make a farm on the Frozen biome(Cavern layer) to get loot like Amarok, Ice Sickle, Frost Bow etc. Also make a farm on the surface to farm Ice Golems, the surface farm must only contain snow blocks to prevent any overrides from Corrupt/Crimson/Hallow.
  • Make your arena for Mechanical Bosses. I will later add those strategies onto the guide, just stay chill :)
  • Contain your already existing Crimson/Corruption. If they won't have been targeted from the initial biome generation post-WoF, your world will be safe from those already existed parts.
  • If Expert, make a track system all over the world, travelling with Mechanical Cart is just awesome! :) If not, you can still make the track system, since the crafted Minecart can achive 66mph.
  • If Expert or not, make a skybridge at least 2000 platforms long.
  • Do some work on the Underworld to have a flat terrain. You don't need a hellbridge, a non-too-rough terrain with some lava-walk items is enaugh.
  • Craft a stack of either Ironskin, Regeneration, Archery, Wrath(Corruption), Heartreach/Rage(Crimson), Endurance, Swiftness, Spelunker, Shine, Mining, Night Owl Potions. (Yellow ones are optional)
  • (More will be added whenever I found stuff :) )
OK, let's see what's on our mind;
HM_House.png

As you can see, Wraiths can't enter the house, same also applied to Reapers. Also, the base has completely solid walls, so anything that can't pass trough blocks can't enter inside. It has a Mushroom biome so you will be able to have Truffle right after WoF.(Sometimes Truffle comes before Guide :) ) And, it has 25 valid rooms, you will be able to relocate your NPCs if you need to do this. Oh, as you can see, the whole base in the screen, so there's no place for an enemy to spawn inside!

Now the wiring stuff. The side doors are "actuator doors" which achieved by placing actuators to blocks and then connecting them to player-activated pressure plates. You can either use normal doors or actuator doors for the interior passages. But, both options have upsides and downsides;
Normal doors: Manually operated, can be left open or closed.
Actuator doors: Fully automatic, can never be opened by monsters, can be built in any shape but must be kept in closed status, else makes NPC rooms invalid.
So, take your stance, but make sure it's interior only, outer doors MUST be actuator doors.
HM_House_0.png

And finally, I haven't said about the artificial Jungle, here it is! I had a Pygmy Staff, and all stuff is open for business! Oh, it also allows you to farm Queen Bee at your base, this way you can use Dryad's Blessing easily. And yeah, there're minecart tracks, so you will be able to make fast travels.
HM_House_1.png

I might add more info about this base if I need to explain something or someone requests some more explanation.

Oh, well, this is the most difficult one. To be able to do a bit more comfortable purificating operation, you need to not destroy any altars. But, we will need ore. How we will obtain ore? Hmm, let's first look at what will be earn from not destroying altar;
  • When you destroy an Altar, it might convert a stone block from anywhere in the world. By not destroying the Altar, you can avoid from that.
  • Mechanical Bosses CAN'T spawn by themselves, meaning they won't disturb you unless you invite them. :)
  • Pirates CAN'T invade themselves, meaning you can completely skip them! But, I would still recommend to do farm some Maps to see if you can get a Discount Card or such.
Well, these are good advantages, especially on Expert. No unwanted attention, no worry about unknown biome infections, more comfortable life. But, this has a cost, you will need to farm ALLOT of crates. Here comes a very big fishing process. To keep it a bit more neat, I will seperate the process onto three parts, then spoiled them.(Wow, that was a weird saying, lol)
Firstly, you will need to secure these things. Red means you HAVE TO obtain the stuff, orange means NOT NECESSARY BUT GOOD and green means COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. Also, I might give some hints, they will be colored with blue :)
  • Fiberglass Fishing Pole/Fleshcatcher/Fisher of Souls
  • Enchanted Nightcrawler/Buggy, at least 200 (You will see how to decrease the amount :) )
  • A Fishing Hut in a Skylake (Perfect place to fish without being disturbed, pre-Hardmode only)
  • A Fishing Hut in the Ocean (If there's no Skylake in your world)
  • Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole (If Travelling Merchant offers you to this, don't say no, just buy and use it)
  • A stack of Desert Fossil or Silt, and of course an Extractinator (For some potion purposes)
  • Some Deathweed, Moonglow, Waterleaf and Corals, 40 will do more than enaugh (again, for some potion purposes)
  • High Test Fishing Line (To have a quality fishing line, will never fail :) )
  • Angler Set (Which pieces you managed to obtain, just for pimp the fishing power a bit)
  • Alchemy Table (To craft potions efficiently)
  • Golden Fishing Rod (If you're really that fan of fishing, completing 30 quests on pre-Hardmode)
  • Honey Blocks (If you want to add more potions to the table)
  • Full Angler Set, including the Earing and Tackle Box (Maximize the fishing power)
  • (I might add more if I got stuff)

Now, some of the things seem useless for a fishing project, now I will tell how you put them into good use;
  • Desert Fossils and Silt makes Amber, which is used for Crate Potions. These doubles the chance of getting crates. (Not adds +%10, doubles, that's important :) )
  • Also we will need Deatweed and Moonglow to craft the Crate Potion, along with the Amber.
  • Honey Blocks will be used to make Crispy Honey Blocks, which will be used with Moonglow and Waterleaf to craft Fishing Potion. To make sure fishing power is above %50.
  • Alchemy Table usually hits %35-40 efficiency, especially with the high crafting amounts like in this project.
  • Waterleaf and Coral makes Sonar Potions, which will allow you to see what's on your fishing rod. By using this potion, you can decrease your bait requirement to about 60 :)
  • (I might add more if I got stuff)

And now, the final requirement; about two hours of COMPLETELY free time. With this and the above ones complete, we can finally start our farming. To help you about the optional farming gear, I will suggest you this;
  • Fiberglass Fishing Pole
  • Enchanted Nightcrawler
  • Skylake
  • Sonar and Crate Potions (Alchemy Table while crafting potions)
  • Two pieces of Angler outfit, also Tackle Box if you could get it
  • 2.5 hours of time
Yeah, this is what happened while I was preparing my first viable Expert Hardmode adventure. The Sonar and Crate Potions needed to reduce the required bait amount, but you can always choose to farm more bait. Or you can bypass the Angler set too, which will only cost for a bit of fishing power. But, be extemely careful at fishing power subject. If your fishing power is below %50, then you won't be able to catch any crate. I didn't encountered any fishing power issue, so I can recommend my gear without any worry. Of course, you can always add more stuff to the process, everything will have their usefullnesses. For example, with Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole and Golden Fishing Rod, you can use Worms or Sluggies(Both having %25 bait power) which are a lot easier to farm in big amounts. And with Fishing Potions, you will be able to use "any" bait, which is a great comfort :)

You can stop farming when you see 20+ Golden and 80+ Iron Crates, also don't forget to fish up a stack of wooden crates(99) If you want to REALLY make sure you will get whatever you want, then go for 30+ Golden and 120+ Iron Crates, the amount of wooden stays same. Oh, also keep the Sky Crates too, there's no amount recommendation for them. So, let's come to the main issue. It's not AFK, meaning you have to focus on screen, reel-in the rod whenever a crate shown on the sonar, renew buffs whenever they worn of etc, all are boring stuff, so be prepared for some frustration.

Anyways, no matter how much effort you did put on the farming, when you see shining crates you say "Yes, it was all worth it!" And, when you had just defeated the Wall, then saw the awesome ores... Guys, YOU SHOULD TRY THIS AT HOME!!! :D

Yes, we finally finished getting ready to hardmode. So, it's time to smash a fleshy wall! Of course, I will give tactics for all 4(in fact 5) classes, and also maybe adding options to decide to difficulty of the fight. So, lets get started to tactics;

If you thinking about melee, you should be prepared for a difficult fight, especially on Expert mode. You will need a hellbridge made out of platforms to have more room to deal damage. Armor should be Molten, accesory prefixes are decided to difficulty of world and your weapon used. With a flail or boomerang, your DPS will low, so try improving your weapons damage by having Angry or Menacing prefix, for defense; Endurance, Ironskin and Regeneration potions will be very helpful. With a yoyo(best choice is a Godly Cascade) you can go Armored or Warding prefix, or by making all prefixes Menacing you can increase your Cascade's damage about 5 or 6. With either way, use Flask of Poison to inflict the Poisoned debuff on WoF, also Shark Tooth Necklace will be useful for its armor penetration bonus. In Expert mode, make sure you have a good running speed to survive the final stand, also make sure you are using potions. The ones said just above are almost necessary, also you can have Wrath/Rage for DPS increase, Obsidian Skin and Water Walking for possible accidental falling downs from platforms.

Ranged is a good choice to defeat Wall of Flesh, since some weapons have good "specialties" to deal with wall, especially on Expert. And no, I'm not talking about Hellwing Bow, you can rule out it. There's basicly two combinations; The Bee's Knees with Wooden Arrows, or Molten Fury with Jester's Arrows. DPS values are similar, but since it has a high base damage value Molten Fury can profit from offensive prefixes more. So, I recommend relying on Molten Fury for Expert mode. Also, the "infinite piercing" of Jester's Arrows will greatly helps against the respawning Hungries. And The Bee's Knees is cost efficient version, you can use it to avoid spending your Hellstone and Fallen Stars. About armor, you can either have Necro or Molten, and also have both defense or offense on accesory modifiers. My recommendation is using offensive prefixes(Angry or Menacing) with both armors. If you won't using potions Molten Armor should be more helpful with defensive side, but you can have potions to make a good defense, and can have a good damage increase with Necro Armor.

Magic is like the Ranged tactic, but we will have more choices. Firstly, there's the Meteor stuff, you can use it without any worry on normal mode. I don't recommend using it on Expert, but you can still try it. For weapons, anything with piercing work very well. So, the favourite choices will be Water Bolt and Demon Scythe on there. Also, you can use Aqua Scepter if you fight from a shoth distance(don't try this if you aren't experienced). And if you have a Hellbridge, Flower of Fire is a good choice too. About armor, you can use Jungle Armor, combine Magic Hat with a Gem Robe, or choose Molten for defense. About accesories, Arcane prefix isn't really useful, instead of trying to maximize the Mana, use Mana Regeneration Potions, this will give you opportunity to use accesory prefixes for extra damage or defense. Also, you can use Mana Flower to reduce mana usage(don't use Mana Potions because of Mana Sickness). And of course, don't forget to equip your Magic Cuffs, and also equip a Celestial Magnet if you had any.

The rules on there is quite simple, you need specifical use of Bee Armor, because of low base damage of summon weapons, you can freely have defensive prefixes. This will also help you to make up the low defense of Bee Armor. If you are experienced, you might try Menacing prefix with Wrath potion to have a total of %40 damage increase. About weaponry, switch between Imp Staff and Hornet Staff, Imp will help you with its piercing attack, and Hornet will inflict the Poisoned debuff. And, by switching, I mean don't stop to resummon your minions. This will greatly pimp their DPS, but also make you in need of regaining mana. Make sure you have maximum mana and using Mana Regeneration Potion. Also use defensive potions to have aid, especially on Expert.

It's ironic, really ironic. Defeating Wall of Flesh and releasing hardmode ends the consistency of Thrower class, and the Thrower class is the most powerful weapon against WoF. What is this, if you ask, BEENADES. These small "bombs" explode into a swarm of durable bees, they will literally eat the wall. If you're using Molten Armor, you can even tank to have a short distance and make sure you really hit. Or, you can be good with aiming and hit them from a distance. Both ways, you won't need a Hellbridge, but you can have one built via solid blocks if you want.

Note: This section will have improvements. I couldn't have much time when writing this part...

Coming Soon!

@652Graystripe for his Mushroom and Jungle biome tips. (Example Housing section on the Preparing for Hardmode - Easy Difficulty)
@Krookodile for his Frost farm tips. (Preparing for Hardmode - Easy Difficulty section)
@TurtleSoup for his Ores from Crates tips. (Preparing for Hardmode - Purification Plans section)
@TurtleSoup for his Actuated Entrances tips. (Example Housing section on the Preparing for Hardmode - Easy Difficulty)

Note: As you can see, there're lots of "Coming Soon!"s, these're there because I really want to make a complete guide. I might also implement it to the Steam when it's completed if it take good feedback. :) So, feel free to comment whatever you want to say about it, and please make suggestions! I can improve it better with your help :dryadhappy:

Last edited:
I guess I should point out there's stuff like preparing a mushroom biome for the Truffle, if you want that to be completed easily. Perhaps a house for the Wizard as well, while you'll want to relocate the Witch Doctor into a safe house in the Jungle. Leaf Wings and Tiki Armor are exclusive to there.

A tip: the Dryad sells Mushroom Grass Seeds if she's housed in an underground mushroom biome!

I guess I should point out there's stuff like preparing a mushroom biome for the Truffle, if you want that to be completed easily. Perhaps a house for the Wizard as well, while you'll want to relocate the Witch Doctor into a safe house in the Jungle. Leaf Wings and Tiki Armor are exclusive to there.

A tip: the Dryad sells Mushroom Grass Seeds if she's housed in an underground mushroom biome!
I will use these tricks, thank you!

I feel like what would need to be completed is skeletron aswell, because it is needed for a rangers playthrough, and the recommended size for bridges and others for WoF, because it so far has mainly focused on equipment.

I would also add, a good way to power up early in hardmode is to make an ice biome farm as in hardmode you can get the amarock, frostbrand, icesickle, and ice how which are really good early hardmode.

It's been a while since I started to this guide. Now, it's time to add some more stuff into it. With this improvement, the "Preparing for Hardmode" section is finished, there's just a little work to maintain add some more things into it. And now, for the credits, thanks @652Graystripe @Krookodile and @TurtleSoup for their awesome suggestions for the guide. The credits will also be added in very near future too. Now, enjoy reading it and don't stop leaving suggestions! Nex step is preparing and slaying the Wall of Flesh!

Some more suggestions, maybe fitting in "I don't want to any challenge, please give an easy way"
While fishing, you have a high chance of attacked by different mobs and so it is handy to bring with you a minion, and if you have a Bewitching Table from the Dungeon, you can have 2 minions at a time. This way it keeps you completely safe in your fishing hut and you won't be interrupted while fishing. It also helps you farming some mob's drops, for example Harpy's feathers, that are used in crafting wings in Hardmode, a very useful item. ( Or any mob's respective banner )

Also, you may want to make your house more safe, as the night time during Hardmode can be harder in the beginning, as Wraiths can fly trough blocks, Possessed Armors can open doors at any time. A solution for this can be putting 3 blocks next to the door, and then place on them Actuators, powered by wires that are connected to a switch. When you press the switch, you can walk trough the blocks, as they act as walls. when you press it again, no mob can reach your door. You can also use Active Stone Blocks if you don't feel like wiring and you don't care about how your house looks. Here is a screenshot that might help you explain this in the guide.
7fb68e33a76526ce360b0658a501ef72.png
<- The Green Wires are connected to Active Stone Blocks and to a Switch, next to the Player. ( Credit for the screenshot goes to http://terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Terraria_Wiki )
Or you just can have a suspended house, but that's none of my business. `:rolleyes:

Some more suggestions, maybe fitting in "I don't want to any challenge, please give an easy way"
While fishing, you have a high chance of attacked by different mobs and so it is handy to bring with you a minion, and if you have a Bewitching Table from the Dungeon, you can have 2 minions at a time. This way it keeps you completely safe in your fishing hut and you won't be interrupted while fishing. It also helps you farming some mob's drops, for example Harpy's feathers, that are used in crafting wings in Hardmode, a very useful item. ( Or any mob's respective banner )

Also, you may want to make your house more safe, as the night time during Hardmode can be harder in the beginning, as Wraiths can fly trough blocks, Possessed Armors can open doors at any time. A solution for this can be putting 3 blocks next to the door, and then place on them Actuators, powered by wires that are connected to a switch. When you press the switch, you can walk trough the blocks, as they act as walls. when you press it again, no mob can reach your door. You can also use Active Stone Blocks if you don't feel like wiring and you don't care about how your house looks. Here is a screenshot that might help you explain this in the guide. View attachment 109801 <- The Green Wires are connected to Active Stone Blocks and to a Switch, next to the Player. ( Credit for the screenshot goes to http://terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Terraria_Wiki )
Or you just can have a suspended house, but that's none of my business. `:rolleyes:
Wow, awesome stuff. It will be put in a good use, thanks for suggestion.

UPDATE

I had finally done maintainment work on the Preparing for Hardmode - Easy Difficulty section. Also, added a base/housing example in the Preparing for Hardmode - Easy Difficulty section. And, added a credits section named "Thanks for suggestors!" Now, the WoF fight section will be added a while later.

Hey, nice guide :)
If I may suggest I would add some farms to "Easy" section. I just cant live without them sooner or later ;)

tip:
Capture_2016-05-28_16_58_13.png

(that blue thing in the middle is feed from my automated underground mushroom farm :) )

If I may suggest I would add some farms to "Easy" section. I just cant live without them sooner or later ;)

tip:

(that blue thing in the middle is feed from my automated underground mushroom farm :) )
This will be added in a future update, thanks for suggesting!

UPDATE

Added the Wall of Flesh section. You can find tactics for Warrior, Ranger, Sorcerer, Summoner and Thrower classes in this section. Because of limited time I had when writing this section, I couldn't make it as I want, so there will be a improvement/maintenance on this section :)

tip:

What are the vats of liquids for? Can you harvest planters automatically?

What are the vats of liquids for?

You can mine Obsidian and Honey blocks (then you can easily craft Crispy honey block) at the bottom of the tanks where both liquids touches. Pumps are here to atomatically refill without overflow problems:)

Can you harvest planters automatically?

You could probably actuate those platforms (never try it tho), but you would loose the benefit from harvesting with Staff of Regrowth...

Oh, you can use the staff on them? I thought you could only use the pickaxe. Those are planter boxes, right? Not just dirt with grass?
How do you replenish the liquid after using it? Isn't there a larger supply?

Oh, you can use the staff on them? I thought you could only use the pickaxe. Those are planter boxes, right? Not just dirt with grass?
How do you replenish the liquid after using it? Isn't there a larger supply?

Yes, planter boxes..and using the Staff is highly advised (as you will get more plants and seeds with it)

Liquids replenish itself thanks to liquid duplication "bug". There is Inlet pump at the bottom of each tank and Outlet pump on that small platform inside the tank. You just wire it with 1s timer..
The only thing you need after you build it is like 20 buckets of each liquid to start duplication effect

Back
Top Bottom