Story Quest til' the End!

Cryx

Retinazer
Hello guys! Welcome to my story! In this story, you will follow the journeys of Xyrc (Z-ir-c) through his Terrarian adventure. There will be downfalls, sad moments, victory, maybe romance, you never know what will happen in an adventure like this!

Xyrc
Race: Caucasian
Class: Melee
Born: June 6th, 1998
Name: His four favorite letters into one name.
Backstory: Xyrc was just an average person, average schools, average friends, average parents. He was never bullied, mingled greatly with his friends, and had a great relationship between his parents. Then one fearful day, a giant squid-like monster overan his town, and the city was left in ruins. No more friends, no more no more school, no more parents. One of the minions of the giant monster took him away, and he swore to come back and kill that monster, however, he woke up on a patch of grass, not remembering anything.

Blu: Was a rebellious young child, she would play when in timeout, she wrote on the walls, and screamed at random times. However, when she grew up, she became more focused, more stronger, and more confident. She became a professional archer. However, her city life became short lived when an army of intruders

Xyrc woke up on a very uncomfortable surface, he took a few looks on his side and figured out he was laying down on a patch of grass. He tried to get up but he was, oddly, extremely tired. He noticed a face looking down at him, a friendly face.
"Need some help?" said the mysterious figure.
"Yeah, I can't get up," said Xyrc, he took a hand from the figure and got a clearer vision of him, he was wearing a beige shirt, with what seemed to be dirt spots. He was clearly white and had brownish hair.
"W-where am I?" said Xyrc.
"Silly hum- I mean stranger, welcome to the world of Terraria, I have no idea how you got here, but I'll be your, 'guide,' here, now follow me," said the Guide.

Xyrc followed the Guide until he halted in front of several trees.
"So... what are we supposed to do?" asked Xyrc.
"Let me hand you my axe, and I want you to chop down some of these trees!" the Guide exclaimed. The Guide gave Xyrc an axe made out of a material that felt like copper. Xyrc stopped in front of a tree and hacked at it about 10 times before it came down with a huge crash.
"I see a sunset, we must chop more and make a house," the Guide said unevenly.

Xyrc has chopped down 11 trees in the area and is conversing with the Guide what he should do for a shelter.
"... Finally, you must put something in the house that lights it up," explained the Guide.
"Thanks for the explanation, now time to build that house!" said Xyrc determined. He placed down the wood down, first making a little short square.
"Wow, I'm excited!" cheered Xyrc. He placed more down, and the project became bigger and bigger, then he filled in the walls. The house was looking more like house! He put two torches and added some furniture, and the house was finished!
"Wow, this is a cozy little house," said Xyrc surprised.
"Yes, it is indeed my friend, however, nightfall is coming, and we must prepare for a fight!" yelled the Guide.
Knock. Knock.
A sound alarmed the two and they both walked up to the door.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" asked the Guide, who was very confused. Then all of a sudden, a zombie fell out of nowhere! The zombie limped toward the two, groaning.
"Xyrc! This is a time for your training! Take my sword!" The Guide shouted, and he tossed a very small sword made out of the same material the axe he had was made out of.
"This is too much to take! But okay!" Xyrc shouted back, and he jabbed the zombie in the arm.
GROOOAAAN
Xyrc walked back a little bit and jabbed the zombie in the torso, and he noted that it was becoming weaker, however, the zombie took over Xyrc and got him cornered. Xyrc took his last few words but then...
Fling!
The zombie's head was decapitated, and it appeared that an arrow got him through the head.
"I gotcha," a voice whispered.
Xyrc thought it was the Guide who saved him.
But the voice was female.

Sorry for this extra long chapter guys!
Last time on Quest til' the End! Xyrc had a nerve racking fight with an uninvited house guest, but a mysterious someone saved him, and it wasn't the Guide.

"Wh- Who are you?" Asked Xyrc with much confusion.
"Well, I'm just a certain somebody who stumbled upon some trouble, and might as well help, right?" replied the mysterious figure, who Xyrc figured out was a confirmed female.
"Well, thank you, and I take it that you want to know how everything happened?" Xyrc commented, and the young woman nodded her head.
After some explaining, the woman understood everything now.
"I never got your name?" said Xryc surprised, after being face to face with her for 10 minutes.
"My name is Dominque, but call me Blu," Blu answered, but she payed a look at the Guide, who was fiddling with his hand in great pain.
The door was closed for sure and Xyrc and Blu learned more things about each other by the second, like the fact that Blu liked ranged weapons, and Xyrc liked physical weapon combat.
"I see you two have bonded very nicely, but day time won't come anytime sooner, we must rest, and Blu, do you plan on staying with US?" the Guide asked.
"Sure... I don't have a home and it would be so great to have a house!" Blu answered back. Xyrc, Blu, and the Guide played down on the floor, and closed their eyes, but the Guide was discomforted by his finger, which was now covered with disgusting fleshy substance.

Xyrc woke up, and this time nit on a patch of grass. He looked over to his left and saw the Guide sleeping with soft breathing. He looked to his right and saw Bluu sitting down on a chair cleaning her iron bow.
"Rise and shine boy, we ready to make more progress?" blathered Blu, and Xyrc stood up, immediately confused.
"Wh- What? Progress for what?" Xyrc whispered to avoid waking up the Guide.
"Killing the master of the world!" responded Blu.
"Master of the world?"
"You don't know?"
"No, I don't."
"Well, there is a beast in the depths of Hell, and it is known as the Master of the World. "The Wall of Flesh," as it's more commonly known will change the world once defeated, and the beast disguises itself as a human roaming the earth."
"That's cool."
"Yeah, that is, but I couldn't help but notice that guy over there looks lot like a human the beast will disguise itself as, but that couldn't be true."
"Yeah, I guess you're right." The Guide woke up and looked at the two who all three chatted together and learned more.
"Alright, enough silliness, lets get our minds on mining," the Guide announced.

Just a thanks for little by little support this story is getting! ;)

Last time on Quest til' the End! Another member joined the duo and Xyrc and Blu talked about, "The Beast."

The Guide gave Xyrc his copper pickaxe and Blu took out her pickaxe, a shiny iron one.
"Alright let's go!" Blu yelled, an mentioned, and they all went looking for a cave...
After a long search, they finally found a cave dug into a mountain, and they all took careful steps down the cave.
"Phew, kind of damp down here," Xyrc commented.
"It is, but we must search for iron, or else we won't progress," The Guide said unevenly. They got deeper and deeper in to the cave until they noticed they were in a huge cavern with lots of ores and gems.
"We found an ore cave, mine everything you see!" Blu shouted, and she began hacking away at some Iron Ore. The Guide pulled out an iron pickaxe and started mining some gold, and Xyrc was wondering what material he should mine, which he then chose to mine some Tungsten. After all the veins were gathered, they continued on.
"Wow, I got a lot of ores!" Blu bragged, and she then stopped in her tracks and went wide-eyed.
"Blu, is something wrong?" asked Xyrc.
"Yes, look over there," Blu answered, and Xryc stopped in his tracks to, which the Guide noticed and he was scared too.

They all tried to run away but couldn't. A huge swarm of Wall Creeper was coming at them at fast speed.
"C'mon we have to go! RUN!" commanded Xyrc, and they all did what they were told, running over stone and jumping over water.
Xyrc stopped.
"I have to be the hero now." Xyrc whispered to himself, and he rushed toward the Wall Creepers.
"Xyrc, you're not strong enough!" The Guide yelled, but his remark did nothing as Xyrc kept rushing, but once he reached them, one lunged at him, and he swatted him away with his sword. One was smart enough to go behind him and bite, which made Xyrc feel drowsy, and then he got hit by another one, then another one, then another one, then He came to his senses, and hid behind a dirt wall. He was safe, but the Wall Creepers knew he was behind the wall. He layed down a what seemed like stone but once he layed down, he heard a click and a push, and he looked up and saw a huge boulder falling right to him.

Last time on Quest til' the End! Xyrc went mining in the caves, and got materials! However, victory was short-lived when a dangerous pack of Wall Creepers showed up, what could happen next?

The boulder came tumbling down with high speeds, he acted quick.
"Augh! Boulder!" Xyrc shouted. He rolled over, looked to where he was laying down, and saw the huge boulder come down with a crash! He looked up at the ceiling of the cave, and noticed he was feeling rather tired.
"It's just those spider bites, they're getting to my head, I do wonder where Blu and the Guide are right now, I just need to rest," Xryc mumbled to himself, and he drifted to sleep...
He woke up from a huge noise, he looked over to the dirt wall defending him and it had a hole in it, with Blu and the Guide looking through it.
"Xyrc, are you alright? We were so worried! You must've been sleeping for a long time!" Blu said with a worried tone.
"I'm alright guys, just got a little toxicated, but I'm okay now," Xyrc assured, and they got out of the cave.
"So, how did you guys get passed those spiders?" Xyrc asked.
"We crafted better weapons using the materials we got and killed them," Blu answered back.
"Hey, I just completed expanding the house a little bit, want to take a look?" The Guide offerered.
"Sure," said both in unison.
They both expected another identical house on top of theirs, but the Guide, built a house decorated with a lot of classic survival tools in front of their own house.
"He should be coming any second now," the Guide mumbled.
"Who?" questioned Xyrc.
"The Merchant."

Soon enough, when the three we're doing their normal business, Blu polishing her bows, Xyrc saddling around, and the Guide working, somebody knocked on the door.
"Yes?" answered Blu.
"Why hello there ma'am, I noticed that you have quite a place going on here, may I live in that house over there?"
"Hang on one second... GUIDE! IT'S FOR YOU!"
"Blu, be quiet. Anyways, hello, can I help you?"
"Yes, sir, may I live in that house over there? I sell a variety of things!"
"Yes, make yourself at home."
Xyrc looked over at the old man, he had a white beard, and was dressed with a fair amount of brown.
"Hey, Guide? I'm going to check what that man has for sell, okay?" Xyrc said.
"Alright, but don't take too long, nightfall is near," the Guide responded.

Xyrc opened the man's door slowly, and noticed The door had a squeaky problem.
"Hello! Would you like to take a look at my shop?" the Merchant said excitingly.
"Augh! Oh, sorry, yeah, YES please," Xyrc said scaredly...
He bought many things, he bought a bug net, a lot of potions, shurikens, rope, and a few arrows for Blu, he even bought a Piggy Bank with a Gold Coin he found encrusted in ores he mined. He went home to show all of the things he bought.

Sorry for this exxxxxxxxxxxxtra long chapter guys :confused:.

To be written down in the future.
Battle on!

Last edited:
Update!; Finished Chapter 2 and added Chapter 3; Three's a Crowd!

Be sure to watch this forum so you could be aware of further updates!

This is a great story, it puts me off remembering the guide repeating himself when talking (and (true fact) it makes me forget how how derpy (my imagination thinks by itself) the guide is and looks).

Update!; Finished Chapter 5 and added Chapter 6; I'm Feeling Extra Healthy!

I probably will add a spoiler containing more info about the characters.

Back
Top Bottom