Other Remove Blood and gore

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiwan012345

Terrarian
I think there should be an option to remove blood and gore. Because i do not prefer blood and flying body parts. I played this for about half an hour than quit.
I would love if you added this feature

That'd be a problem. (1) Eye/Brain of Cthulhu - freakin' giant flying organs. (2) Crimson biome is gore-themed. (3) flesh blocks/furniture. (4) Wall of Flesh. Those will stay, so removing bunnehs flying apart won't really remove most blood and gore from the game.

Half an hour is too short a time to know whether you will like or hate a game - specially one that takes several hours to beat once you know what you're doing - and asking for a change in it with that "much" playtime when you haven't seen much of it...

As Necrius mentioned, several things in the game are blood/gore themed. The game's not about pretty unicorns and friendship (in fact the only unicorns you'll find will be trying to tear you apart.) If a few red pixels and flying blocks of pixels are a problem to you, there's always card and puzzle games.

Last edited:
I didn't like the gore either, when first played, now I'm used of it.

However, If the game is lagging too much, the gores will already dissappear before they hit the ground. eventually that may be set as an option,
but this wouldn't remove the other horrifying stuff going on in the game.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! Well, I guess there could be an option, but I like the blood and gore. Well, I guess I'm used to it. It makes Terraria seem a little more lifelike. Okay, ignore that last sentence. It is what makes Terraria what it's rated. I mean it's what makes it unique. Yeah.....

Sadly, gore is a big part of Terraria. (Flying organs, big flying organs, walls made of organs, an entire biome made of organs featuring more organs)
On the other hand, having the option to remove the flying bits could remove some annoyance for some people and reduce computer resource consumption.

SUPPORT!

I don't see why not. If it's toggleable, it shouldn't really be a problem for people that don't care about the gore. But, as pointed out, you'd still have the excessive amount of flying eyeballs and the biome that is based around gore, amongst others.
I always liked it... Or I just got used to it (even thought I do LOVE Fishron's Gore...)
Fishron's gore is a bit over the top, in my opinion :p

As people already mentioned, while I do perfectly understand how gores can be a really big deal for some people, Terraria does not only contain them for visual purposes, there is a whole biome centered around it and a multitude of bosses and enemies can be considered living gores. There is hardly a solution to it without redesigning the whole game, while one could hide the death gores, you can'd to much about everything else.

I just meant it could be kinda like Minecraft. You could make bosses like you defeat the enderdragon it goes up in the air and explodes.
Zombies could poof or maybe just fall.
And it's just an OPTION so if we choose this option it will be disabled so we pretty much all win. There are sevreal posts that people have quit because of this.

I just meant it could be kinda like Minecraft. You could make bosses like you defeat the enderdragon it goes up in the air and explodes.
Zombies could poof or maybe just fall.
And it's just an OPTION so if we choose this option it will be disabled so we pretty much all win. There are sevreal posts that people have quit because of this.
That's a viable option, but how would you deal with the NPCs that are pretty much living gores and the Crimson in general which is a whole biome themed around such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom