Items Ride Armour Mount

Jason_c_o

Steampunker
We already know we're getting a mining pod as a mount, but I'd like to see a combat oriented mount, specifically Ride Armour.

A couple examples exist in other games, which I'm sure many of you may be familiar with (I'm no spriter, but may attempt a mock-up later. Feel free to make one yourself!):
17Rrmd.png
naLj1Y.png
Qf2i8w.png

A few anticipated features:
  • A punch animation that would count as an attack. While the mount is active and still selected on the hotbar, this would use left click as normal. To dismount, simply right-click the buff as usual. Requiring it remain selected on the Hotbar means you could still possibly use other weapons while riding (though I suggest this be limited. How can you drive the armour if you're swinging a sword?)
  • The Armour is modular. The Ride armour registers and reacts to certain accessories the player has equipped, and changes accordingly (while active).
    • Jetpack (or Wings?): The armour gains a boosted jump
    • Tabi (Or better): The armour gains a quick dash feature (Like the armours in Mega Man X)
    • Fire Gauntlet: The armour's punch attack deals fire damage
    • Jellyfish Necklace (Or better): The armour gains a headlight
    • Extendo Grip: Increases the range of the punch attack
    • Arctic Diving Gear (Or better): The Armour becomes a submarine underwater (or just has increased mobility/waterbreathing.
    • Etc. I'm open to non-combat uses of the armour as well. Modularity opens a lot of doors!
  • Alternatively, you could have the armour use different attacks depending on what weapon is used while riding. The Golem's Fist would be the punch, but you could also use rocket launchers, etc. The arm of the Armour would change accordingly!
I'm purposefully using later versions of accessories so the armour isn't too broken. It also doesn't *combine* with the accessories, but only uses the ones the PC already has equipped when the armour is activated.

Acquisition:

I imagine this mount item actually being the first to be crafted instead of found. The recipe could be something like this:
  • 10 Cogs
  • 1 Steampunk Boiler
  • 20 Copper / Tin
  • 20 Iron / Lead
  • 30 Adamantite / Titanium (Replace this with Golem's Fist if that's the only attack possible when mounted)
At a Heavy Workbench. This would give the earlier metals, as well as the Heavy Workbench, some love late game. It'd also result in a steampunkish Ride Armour.

Of course I'm open to suggestions and criticisms!

This would even be cool as a mod! If this inspires you, just mention me in the Special Thanks section. ;)
Images are not my property and are used under Fair Use. They are from Mega Man X, Final Fantasy, and MapleStory, respectively.

z5EEVj.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom