Items Rose Quartz and Amber Uses! -Sprites-

I support this, Pink is a colour that Terraria really lacks. Yay pink!
Also, I think it'd be a good idea to make the stats for the Amber items better than the Diamond items, given the rarity and difficulty of obtaining such a material.

I support this, Pink is a colour that Terraria really lacks. Yay pink!
Also, I think it'd be a good idea to make the stats for the Amber items better than the Diamond items, given the rarity and difficulty of obtaining such a material.

Well considering that Rose Quartz and Amber have the same stats, thus really doubling the chances of getting the sets, I think they are good where they are. Maybe a little strong though, i'm not sure. But Diamond is harder to come by, you just need Silt for these two gems.

Well considering that Rose Quartz and Amber have the same stats, thus really doubling the chances of getting the sets, I think they are good where they are. Maybe a little strong though, i'm not sure. But Diamond is harder to come by, you just need Silt for these two gems.
Oh, you're not making the Rose Quartz mineable? Oh. It'd look real pretty if it was though.
But you have to remember that the Extractinator only has a 0.96% chance of yielding Amber, so RNG has a significant effect on the rarity of Amber, in my opinion making it surpass that of amber. In theory, running 100 Silt Blocks through the Extractinator will yield one Amber though more often than not, this isn't so. You could put 1 or a 1000 Silt Blocks to get it, and even then you still might not. The culprit? RNG.
Diamond on the other hand, is present on worldgen and is simply a matter of finding and mining.

Oh, you're not making the Rose Quartz mineable? Oh. It'd look real pretty if it was though.
But you have to remember that the Extractinator only has a 0.96% chance of yielding Amber, so RNG has a significant effect on the rarity of Amber, in my opinion making it surpass that of amber. In theory, running 100 Silt Blocks through the Extractinator will yield one Amber though more often than not, this isn't so. You could put 1 or a 1000 Silt Blocks to get it, and even then you still might not. The culprit? RNG.
Diamond on the other hand, is present on worldgen and is simply a matter of finding and mining.

I suppose that's true. But people usually don't take kindly to making things better that something by a certain amount I guess. I'm not very good at balancing things, but I guess this should be the case.

Much support! It always seemed weird to me that amber can't be used for most of the things other gems can be, and that iron and lead have no gem staffs. This suggestion fixes everything.

That said, I think amber and rose quartz should be found in block form, and shouldn't be any harder to get out of the extractinator than other gems.
Tiles_66.png
Tiles_64.png

Also, don't forget that gems can be placed on walls.
Tiles_178.png

-snip-
P.S. actually, cave diamond is blue in terraria (and magically becomes white, ahem...) Blue diamond is a very rare kind of diamond, most colors actually exist.
That has bugged me ever since 1.2. So I fixed it.
Tiles_68.png

I also tried putting the diamond, rose quartz, and amber in a texture pack.
test 2.png

Amber is kinda hard to tell apart from topaz, but the amber item and topaz item are almost the same color. Also, the colors in the gem blocks aren't the same colors in the gem items for all the other kinds of gems, so I had to come up with a random orange color for the amber. Probably could have been done better but... meh. If this is ever added to the game the devs will just make their own sprites, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

-EDIT-
Just looked at the original post again and apparently you had a lead staff there all along. Not sure how I missed that. Also, amber needs a grappling hook and the rose quartz hook needs chain and hook sprites. I could probably make those if nobody else want to.

Last edited:
Amber Grappling Hook
Amber Grappling Hook.png

Amber Hook
Amber Hook.png

Amber Chain
Amber Chain.png

Rose Quartz Hook
Rose Quartz Hook.png

Rose Quartz Chain
Rose Quartz Chain.png

Also, if amber and rose quartz were to be found as blocks, there would also need to be amber/rose quartz cave walls too.

Gonna add the Amber Grappling Hook to the OP. Just that to fit with the theme of Gem Hooks! Those sprites look cool!

As a slight update, sorry for bringing this tread up since it's been so long since the last post, but it looks like Pink Torches are going to be in 1.3, so that means I don't know if Rose Quartz is going to have a chance at appearing at all.

Potentially for the other things such as robes and staves, but since Pink Slime has before been mentioned, and now Pink Torches, chances are the Pink Torches are made with Pink Slime instead.

I think the thread should still say open by means of the extra robes, staves, and extra Amber uses however.

Stephen Universe? :naughty:

Anyways nice ideas. Its just one of those things thats plain, but so good it should be added. :)

rose quartz robe is nice and beautiful to any female player who wants to be a wisard! P.S (rune wizards rule)

As for as this idea goes, we might be beaten out by Pink Gel, sadly. However, allowing Amber to have more uses is still a valid part of the suggestion. Hopefully Amber gets some more attention in 1.3

And hopefully Rose Quartz can have some pink things along with Pink Gel in 1.3, like the robe, staff, grapple, Phaseblade, and Gemspark Block.

Back
Top Bottom