Weapons & Equip Sharkron Varieties

Is it good?

• Nice!

Votes: 49 89.1%
  • The sprites are good, the idea is meh.

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Uh, no likey.

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
Just a thought I had. The Tempest Staff is quite a neat summoner weapon, but you all know that there's more than one kind of shark in the ocean, right?

So I propose that the Tempest Staff could summon Sharknadoes that are randomly assigned to three types.

Normal Sharknadoes fire the garden variety, 50 summon damage Sharkrons.
Mako Sharknadoes fire Mako Sharkrons, which deal 43 summon damage but have a greater fire rate and much higher velocity.
Hammerhead Sharknadoes fire spinning Hammerhead Sharkrons, which deal 56 summon damage, but are fired slightly slower and are more affected by gravity.

Here, have some sprites. (Original Sharkron sprite included at the top.)

sharkrons.png

Any thoughts? Let's hear 'em!

Last edited:
i have just a few questions regarding all of this:
would this be effected by RNG,
would the "source" sharknado be random each time you summon it, or just the projectile from a "standard" sharknado be subjected to this,
or
are the sharks fired on a pre-determined pattern of rotation to "toggle" between the types of projectiles?

my questions aside, this is actually a really neat idea in my opinion :)

i have just a few questions regarding all of this:
would this be effected by RNG,
would the "source" sharknado be random each time you summon it, or just the projectile from a "standard" sharknado be subjected to this,
or
are the sharks fired on a pre-determined pattern of rotation to "toggle" between the types of projectiles?

my questions aside, this is actually a really neat idea in my opinion :)
Thanks for your support! The decision is made with the initial summon, so any particular Sharknado minion fires the same projectile. And the type is randomly determined, with no pattern. Think of Olimar from SSBB.

Considering its the Tempest staff, ever thought about adding one that moves slower, doing less damage but homes in on its target?

Considering its the Tempest staff, ever thought about adding one that moves slower, doing less damage but homes in on its target?
Of course I considered it, but what kind of shark would that be? Lemon, Cookiecutter, Basking, Whitetip Reef, Blacktip Reef, Bull, Tiger, Megamouth, Frill, Goblin, Greenland, Nurse, Swell, Great White, Thresher, Whale, Blue, Sixgill...

None really deserves a homing ability any more than the others. But I did get an idea: they should be homing while submerged in water.

Small Ideas:
Greenland shark,slower and less damage but can inflict Chilled.
Whale shark,slower but bigger hit-box.
Goblin shark,less damage but pierces.

Would be nice to see in-game.

Especially since the summoner class is in dire need of addition and revamping.

Back
Top Bottom