Game Mechanics Sneaky NPC's...

neophyte

Eye of Cthulhu
I thought it would be funny if NPC's would get a new sprite and animation for running over to pick up an item you or an enemy may have dropped. The prices would scale like this based on rarity.
Rarity_color_negative.png
=25
Copper_Coin.png

Rarity_color_0.png
=50
Copper_Coin.png

Rarity_color_1.png
=75
Copper_Coin.png

Rarity_color_2.png
=1
Silver_Coin.png

Rarity_color_3.png
=2
Silver_Coin.png

Rarity_color_4.png
=3
Silver_Coin.png

Rarity_color_5.png
=4
Silver_Coin.png

Rarity_color_6.png
=5
Silver_Coin.png

Rarity_color_7.png
=6
Silver_Coin.png

Rarity_color_8.png
=7
Silver_Coin.png

Rarity_color_9.png
=8
Silver_Coin.png

Rarity_color_quest.png
=75
Copper_Coin.png

People who don't sell anything will not do this. (e.g. Nurse, Guide) When buying the dropped item the NPC's box reads, "Sorry, was that yours?"
Prices might be a bit iffy, but I think once you have that tier of item you can afford for these things.

Option in settings to disable this would be a viable option in case one gets annoyed.

I don't really see a point to this and after reading the comment above, I can honestly say that I wouldn't like this. Even if they dropped the item on death,everyone would pretty much just slaughter their NPC's just to get their precious items back. Even as a feature that can be turned off I wouldn't bother using it.

That seems SLIGHTLY annoying. On death, of a mediumcore character, a nearby NPC will take ALL your items, and you'll have to buy them back. If you dropped money, would they just straight up steal it? If you buy back money, you're losing money. I'd rather not drop a platinum coin near the merchant and have to give him a platinum coin to get my original platinum coin back. No support.

If you want pointless complications, the game already offers enough of them, like Hardcore or Mediumcore.

Not seeing a purpose to this other than the game trolling players who don't know this feature.

"How about no?"

Back
Top Bottom