Game Mechanics Soaring Insignia + Shimmer = “Mount Upgrade Kit”

Similar to the Minecart Upgrade Kit, this would unlock a toggleable boost for all mounts, giving them at the very least tighter controls if not also greater horizontal and vertical movement speeds.

If this would be considered overpowered, perhaps a middle ground would be to let the original accessory directly affect mounts when it is equipped, meaning the player still has to give up a slot for the bonuses.

In either case, it would be really cool if this also allowed the limited-flight mounts to have unlimited flight (Bee, Book, Pigron, Rudolf, Winged Slime).

i'm not sure how much faster you can make mounts like they're already the fastest horizontal thing in the game not counting starboard and fastest vertical thing in the game not counting starboard and empress wings

Hmm... maybe. I'm not sure about adding another permanent upgrade that's Expert-exclusive, though. Minecart Upgrade Kit is fine because most people don't really care about having a minecart that attacks, and the high speed isn't always a benefit; boss cheese strategies involving minecarts generally prefer a more controlled speed so that the boss doesn't despawn. But this item would be good in all scenarios. If it was just a function of the Soaring Insignia, sure, but since you have to use Shimmer to get it, I'd rather it also be accessible in Classic mode.

i'm not sure how much faster you can make mounts like they're already the fastest horizontal thing in the game not counting starboard and fastest vertical thing in the game not counting starboard and empress wings
I’m not as interested in boosting speed as I am in boosting acceleration. I generally don’t use flying mounts for combat because they’re kinda sluggish at changing direction. The only exception is the Cute Fishron when the player is wet. I’d actually be quite happy if all my suggestion did was boost acceleration.

Hmm... maybe. I'm not sure about adding another permanent upgrade that's Expert-exclusive, though. Minecart Upgrade Kit is fine because most people don't really care about having a minecart that attacks, and the high speed isn't always a benefit; boss cheese strategies involving minecarts generally prefer a more controlled speed so that the boss doesn't despawn. But this item would be good in all scenarios. If it was just a function of the Soaring Insignia, sure, but since you have to use Shimmer to get it, I'd rather it also be accessible in Classic mode.
This is why I suggested it could be implemented like the Minecart Upgrade Kit, because that feature can actually be toggled on and off. It would also make it independent from the Soaring Insignia accessory affecting wings.

As for using Shimmer, that was just a random, throwaway idea for obtaining it. If such an upgrade was obtained by another means, I’d be happy. I actually suggested an accessory a number of years ago for an item called the “Rider’s Spurs” – purchased from the Zoologist, it would’ve increased mount speed and jump/flight power by 20%, increased horizontal and vertical acceleration on mounts by 50%, and enabled the ability to dash on any mount.

I’m not as interested in boosting speed as I am in boosting acceleration. I generally don’t use flying mounts for combat because they’re kinda sluggish at changing direction. The only exception is the Cute Fishron when the player is wet. I’d actually be quite happy if all my suggestion did was boost acceleration.
i would see it more as possible insignia upgrade rather than toggle buff coz consider that mounts already can give you infinite flight at zero accesorry slot cost
wings need 2 accesory slots to give the same, so it makes sense that mounts need to be worse in some major way

shimmering insignia is not a bad idea, somewhat more elegant than using expert drop as a crafting part

for now I can recommend you combination of empress wings, insignia, dash(i use MNG but SOC also has it's benefits), hexxed branch from my expirience this setup gives you insane speed and acceleration in all directions provided you can consistantly use dash for instant mount acceleration

Back
Top Bottom