Weapons & Equip Some extra arrow types, based on empty bullet shells

Impostor

The Axe
All of these arrow types are based on already existing bullets, since Venom Bullets and Arrows do already exist, and parity between subclasses is nice. All recipes follow a similar ratio of 35 arrows plus the material to equal the new arrow type as well because of that, since that's how Venom Arrows are made.

Golden Arrows: simply causes the Midas Debuff, not much else to say. Good for farming. Crafted with gold dust.

Streamlined Arrow: This the high velocity parallel. These arrows would fire way faster but also have less gravity, traveling straighter in its path. Crafted with cogs.

Nanite Arrows: These were the hardest ones to find a concept for, but I have 2 options:
1. It functions like the crackshot in Cuphead, where if it doesn't hit anything after a while it shoots a second smaller, faster, and less damaging arrow directly toward a target and deletes the first one. Doesn't home in on moving targets like chlorophye bullets though.
2. They'd move slowly with little gravity influence, gaining momentum for every enemy they pierce (but having a max velocity limit in place)
Either way, it'd inflict the confused debuff and be crafted with a nanite.

Party Arrows: Regular arrows with confetti and purely cosmetic. Can be dropped by pigronetta as well. Crafted with confetti.

I left out an Exploding Bullets analogue since Hellfire Arrows do their job perfectly, but I wouldn't mind a hardmode upgrade still for them. But what do you guys think?

. It functions like the crackshot in Cuphead, where if it doesn't hit anything after a while it shoots a second smaller, faster, and less damaging arrow directly toward a target and deletes the first one. Doesn't home in on moving targets like chlorophye bullets though.
This is literally Chlorophyte arrows that work in midair
2. They'd move slowly with little gravity influence, gaining momentum for every enemy they pierce (but having a max velocity limit in place)
Whats the point of gaining velocity after the arrow has hit and is lined up to multiple enemies?
Streamlined Arrow: This the high velocity parallel. These arrows would fire way faster but also have less gravity, traveling straighter in its path. Crafted with cogs.
Ichor arrows (and any arrow with the Magic Quiver, for that matter) are already fast enough for all your needs, but ichor arrows also have high base damage and inflict the best debuff in the game.

High velocity bullets only became good after they gained pierce, but there are already a lot of piercing arrows, whereas before only Meteor shots had pierce and it was very limited. Most notably Jester's arrows have the same multiplier as Ichor arrows and basically infinite pierce. High velocity arrows are going to need something big to be good.

This is literally Chlorophyte arrows that work in midair
Yes and no. Chlorophyte Arrows do bounce multiple times and home in slightly, but this would only do that once and with less damage. It's more of a back up than a primary function if that makes sense, and the less damage from it would discourage reliance on it.
Whats the point of gaining velocity after the arrow has hit and is lined up to multiple enemies?
I imagined it working like the Zapinator where its slow shots hover and keep on dealing damage, but the speed would cause it to gradually increase away preventing permanent stunlocks. Maybe I could've thought of a better function though
Ichor arrows (and any arrow with the Magic Quiver, for that matter) are already fast enough for all your needs, but ichor arrows also have high base damage and inflict the best debuff in the game.

High velocity bullets only became good after they gained pierce, but there are already a lot of piercing arrows, whereas before only Meteor shots had pierce and it was very limited. Most notably Jester's arrows have the same multiplier as Ichor arrows and basically infinite pierce. High velocity arrows are going to need something big to be good.
You have a good point there, so I'll agree with that. Maybe a longer hitbox then? It's a minor buff and not as visually impressive, but still could help

Yes and no. Chlorophyte Arrows do bounce multiple times and home in slightly, but this would only do that once and with less damage. It's more of a back up than a primary function if that makes sense, and the less damage from it would discourage reliance on it.
They don't home in. They bounce normally a bunch of times, but in combat these infinite bounces are useless because the smart bounce only happens once. The idea behind them is that if you miss a shot, you get another chance to hit but with less damage. What does this Nano arrow do? If you miss a shot, you get another chance to hit but with less damage. It doesnt matter if the way they do so is different, their use case is the exact same.

You have a good point there, so I'll agree with that. Maybe a longer hitbox then? It's a minor buff and not as visually impressive, but still could help
you are going to end up with slightly different ichor arrows at this rate, you should come up with a unique effect for this one.

Back
Top Bottom