Other Some vanity affecting the player death animation

Would you like to customize deaths?

• Yes I like to make my death to be different from my others

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • No I don't want others to have a different death animation then mine!

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • HELP MY FINGER GOT STUCK IN MY NOSE

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

Arpiter

Terrarian
We all know how boring the death animation is so why not spice it up with some vanity items designed to make death fun!
"But Arpiter how can a vanity effect death? its just clothing!"
Not just vanity *dramatic pause* VANITY ACCESSORIES!!!
"Sounds stupid"
I know...~:cry:

:redspin:ARPITER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OF THE DEATH OF ANY TERRARIAN PLAYER OR ANY FINGERS STUCK IN THE NOSE:redspin:

Now that I can't get sued lets begin work!

Robot Buster
sold by traveling merchant for 10 gold coins
changes the character to look like he is wearing a mega man suit
when you die it causes you player to die in a mega man way
"Dang spikes"

But I want to wear other vanity!
Don't worry it can be covered by vanity clothing and it still shows other accessorys

Firework Belt
Sold by Party girl for 10 gold coins
makes the character look like he is wearing a belt with some fire works attached to the waist
When you die 3 different colored fire works go off at your position (red,blue,green)
"Go out with a bang!"

Furry leaf (as in fur on a animal not...)
Sold by traveling merchant for 10 gold coins
Gives your player a tanookie tail
when you die you spawn a armor statue instead of a tombstone
"Die hard"

Slimey necklace
Dropped by all slimes 5%
Gives your character a blue colored necklace
when you die you spawn a green slime (follows normal slime behavior)
"Imbued with the magical powers of a slime"

Wouldn't that be used for griefing?
Not really its hard to require and most likely when you get it green slimes are a joke

Magical Powder
Sold by traveling merchant 10 gold
Doesn't change appearance
when you die makes a poof appear like when the angler leaves or when you kill a wraith
"Now you see me"

Angelic Robe
Sold by traveling merchant 10 gold
Gives your player a white robe
when you die a angel comes out and flys upwards
"Also works on dogs!" (all dogs go to heaven reference)

And finally
Any statue can be put in the vanity accessory slot to spawn one in when you die

But arpiter that can allow for easy statue farming!
Nope when you try to mine it it will act like one of those background objects you can hammer you know the ones you can't collect, if a player tries mining one it will break and disappear and not drop the statue

d7b.png

Source is there so I am not stealing the picture

Seems neat, but I feel as if 'change the death animation' and 'be vanity' should be 2 different functions for 2 different items.

Green slimes are pretty much always a joke. But the way you've said "by the time you get it" implies it would take quite a while. When that's not true since banners are more rare and I've acquired several in all of my playthroughs.

Green slimes are pretty much always a joke. But the way you've said "by the time you get it" implies it would take quite a while. When that's not true since banners are more rare and I've acquired several in all of my playthroughs.
I was just saying most likely when you start you would have atleast a wooden sword and be hunting green slimes for gel
[DOUBLEPOST=1427152223][/DOUBLEPOST]
Seems neat, but I feel as if 'change the death animation' and 'be vanity' should be 2 different functions for 2 different items.
I didn't want to create a slot just for those items since there are only 6 of them

I want to have this, not to big, but not to small either. I want the megaman one.
I had to come up with the others just because I was playing to much Smash wii u and I blasted alot of mega mans in a row and I thought "hey terraria should have a mega man death"
[DOUBLEPOST=1427157863][/DOUBLEPOST]
I kind of like this idea but...
Foxy runnin down the hall drunk?
Swiggty Swoogty

Swiggty Swoogty
Yesh.

You should make one where you explode like a grenade upon death. (this may have already been posted...not sure)
Or you drop a clown bomb upon death (the same thing, really, 'cept it rolls some before blowing)
Or make a giant Angel Face appear in the place of where you died, as a temporary background wall that fades after a few seconds (I dunno, I had an Angel Face cup while I was typing this)
Or something called the Arpiter mask that...isn't really a mask...but when you die Foxy jumpscares the guy that killed you, if you're in multiplayer, or jumpscares you in the place of the YOU WERE SLAIN text, if in singleplayer (which of course is a nod to your profile pic.)

(Scott Cawthon might reject this, unless it says (c) Scott Cawthon at the top of the screen while Foxy jumpscares you, or something like that)

Yesh.

You should make one where you explode like a grenade upon death. (this may have already been posted...not sure)
Or you drop a clown bomb upon death (the same thing, really, 'cept it rolls some before blowing)
Or make a giant Angel Face appear in the place of where you died, as a temporary background wall that fades after a few seconds (I dunno, I had an Angel Face cup while I was typing this)
Or something called the Arpiter mask that...isn't really a mask...but when you die Foxy jumpscares the guy that killed you, if you're in multiplayer, or jumpscares you in the place of the YOU WERE SLAIN text, if in singleplayer (which of course is a nod to your profile pic.)

(Scott Cawthon might reject this, unless it says (c) Scott Cawthon at the top of the screen while Foxy jumpscares you, or something like that)

Terraria isn't a jump scare game. Honestly the whole jump scare thing is a good idea just not for Terraria. Besides that'd be hell to implement. Plus think about people who have a bad heart like me. Jump scares aren't good in a sandbox game.

Terraria isn't a jump scare game. Honestly the whole jump scare thing is a good idea just not for Terraria. Besides that'd be hell to implement. Plus think about people who have a bad heart like me. Jump scares aren't good in a sandbox game.
Well, it isn't really meant to be a true jumpscare so much as a nod to the guy who started this concept. I think if this does get in the game, he should have his own special death item (or whatever), because he was the guy who basically invented and/or presented this idea to TCF, yes?
But you're quite right. Terraria isn't a scare game...unless you're in Nightmare (?) mode or something...:pumpking:

(what do you mean by 'bad heart'? you mean you jumpscares terrify you, or you just don't approve of them, or both?)

Well, it isn't really meant to be a true jumpscare so much as a nod to the guy who started this concept. I think if this does get in the game, he should have his own special death item (or whatever), because he was the guy who basically invented and/or presented this idea to TCF, yes?
But you're quite right. Terraria isn't a scare game...unless you're in Nightmare (?) mode or something...:pumpking:

(what do you mean by 'bad heart'? you mean you jumpscares terrify you, or you just don't approve of them, or both?)

(As in certain jump scares or things of that nature can cause cardiac health problems suck as heart attack, seizure, etc.)

I do sort of agree that he should get something out of it for coming up with it. Unfortunatly as far as I know the devs don't give special items to creators of ideas. That only happens in mods.

I do sort of agree that he should get something out of it for coming up with it. Unfortunatly as far as I know the devs don't give special items to creators of ideas. That only happens in mods.
Shame. I suppose they should...well, no, that'd make me sound really judgmental or something, which is something I don't want to be.

So does the flickering Liyzah head disturb you? (Kidding, kidding. Just so you know, Liyzah's the name of the scorpion head in the signature. Not sure where I got the name from.)

(Seizures effect the brain, not the heart. Well, no, they can, but they start in the brain.)

Shame. I suppose they should...well, no, that'd make me sound really judgmental or something, which is something I don't want to be.

So does the flickering Liyzah head disturb you? (Kidding, kidding. Just so you know, Liyzah's the name of the scorpion head in the signature. Not sure where I got the name from.)

Yes actually it does :D but don't change it (not that you were). It doesn't jump scare me but since its constantly, quickly bring something up, if I stare at it for too long my chest will start feeling compressed.

Yes actually it does :D but don't change it (not that you were). It doesn't jump scare me but since its constantly, quickly bring something up, if I stare at it for too long my chest will start feeling compressed.
Wait no, seriously?
I'm sowwry....;(

Yesh.

I like the whole grenade and bomb idea and just saying it would be kinda weird to see a giant robotic fox going to chomp your face after putting on a fox mask and dying but it would lead to some funny reactions

Back
Top Bottom