Weapons & Equip Special flares; tell your minion what to do and more!

Braquen

Dungeon Spirit
The flare gun is great. It has the amazing use of illuminating dark spaces easily. The only problem is, this item becomes useless upon obtaining a shadow orb or crimson heart. So let's give the flare gun a few tricks up it's sleeve!
hehMZBQ.jpg

Attraction flare
Crafted with a (blue) flare, 3 gel, 3 rotten chunk/Vertebrate.
Increases the spawn rate of enemies, and enemies who are not targeting you will be drawn to the flare's location.
MopcWAy.jpg

Distraction flare
Crafted with a (blue) flare, 3 Pink gel, honey block.
Enemies who are targeting you have a 40% chance of losing interest and moving to the flare. Doesn't affect bosses.
USRv8FS.jpg

Shadow flame flare
Purchased from the witch doctor.
Upon hitting an enemy, all active minions will target that specific enemy. Additionally, homing weapons such as the horseman's blade will target this enemy.​

Last edited:
The flare gun is great. It has the amazing use of illuminating dark spaces easily. The only problem is, this item becomes useless upon obtaining a shadow orb or crimson heart. So let's give the flare gun a few tricks up it's sleeve!
hehMZBQ.jpg

Attraction flare
Crafted with an empty bullet, 3 gel, 3 rotten flesh.
Increases the spawn rate of enemies, and enemies who are not targeting you will be drawn to the flare's location.
MopcWAy.jpg

Distraction flare
Crafted with an empty bullet, 3 Pink gel, honey block.
Enemies who are targeting you have a 40% chance of losing interest and moving to the flare. Doesn't affect bosses.
USRv8FS.jpg

Shadow flame flare
Purchased from the witch doctor.
Upon hitting an enemy, all active minions will target that specific enemy. Additionally, homing weapons such as the horseman's blade will target this enemy.​
I do remember having seen a suggestion with the effects of that shadow flame flare minus the horseman's blade part

The shadowflame flare is shockingly similar to an idea I have had for a while regarding summoner supporting melee/ranged/magic weapons. (though w/out the weapon focus part) I guess I need to get around to actually suggesting stuff again. Having homing weapons also focus in on it is a nice touch though so kudo's there.

Not sure how the attention flare would work but otherwise I approve though the honey block feels excessive for ammo

That said the current recipes used her are far too late in the game to be relevant relying on the empty bullet a hardmode only material.

You might be better off using regular flares as the material instead if it is supposed to serve as a new flare gun role after the first light pet acquisition. Because as is it will be restricted until after the wall of flesh is defeated

Back
Top Bottom