Game Mechanics [Sprites] Fluorescent light beams

I don't know. I guess it could just short itself out if that happens?

It will require additional tile data for each gemspark tile. Not very compact to me. Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with Terraria map internals, but AFAIR the whole map has space reserved for all the possible data. Unless additional data is chunk-based.

This is FREAKING EPIC - I love games that use light and mirrors and laser... things. This would be such an epic addition to the game! In 1.3.1 they are talking about adding some more wiring mechanics - in fact I believe it's the main subject of the update - this would be the perfect addition.

Support. I think that some post by a mod mentioned some version of this planned in the 1.3.1 thread. I might be wrong, though. This would be so cool for decoration and also useful for wiring teleporters up with light.

Support. I think that some post by a mod mentioned some version of this planned in the 1.3.1 thread. I might be wrong, though. This would be so cool for decoration and also useful for wiring teleporters up with light.
A moderator suggested it (along with me and several other people), but it hasn't been confirmed.
Yet...

WE NEED THIS NOW! But, Relogic will get sued for giving people seizures. :p
I think Terraria already has enough shiny, and colorful things, for instance, Rainbow Bricks, Rainbow Torches, Disco Ball, The Hallow, stuff like that. But this IS a good idea.

I think Terraria already has enough shiny, and colorful things, for instance, Rainbow Bricks, Rainbow Torches, Disco Ball, The Hallow, stuff like that. But this IS a good idea.
True, we don't want terraria to be too...
200.gif

If it has not been suggested, IR beams would seem useful to me, for the sake of wiring if you don't want to see a beam stretching halfway across the world. IR goggles could allow you to see them as you are setting things up as well.

You do realize that it has gotten craptonnes of attention already, right? It has almost 200 likes and 175 posts! That's easily more attention than 95% of other threads. Not that it doesn't deserve more attention, but you usually only say that to a really good idea that hasn't gotten much attention at all. :)
Yes, I agree.

And that's excluding the fact that it has been mentioned numerous times to the developers (especially Cenx) and even acknowledged as probable update material.

(When I told Cenx that we needed to add these Light Beams)
Cenx said:
If it is the lightbeams I am thinking of I was about to have something like that added but we ran out of time. Definitely something I want to come back to.

Now that 1.3.1 has been confirmed I think it's safe to say

!!!FLUORESCENT LIGHT BEAM HYPE!!!

Back
Top Bottom