Weapons & Equip [Sprites] Gastropod Staff and Shell Blocks

Snickerbobble

The Painter
Gastropod.png

Gastropods.. these annoying little buggers! They don't have much purpose besides being a decent income for gel and keeping lower geared players out of the Hallow at night. With their frustratingly accurate lasers, I thought: Maybe they could make a good minion? Something to use along with, or instead, of spiders?

6rtPtmz.png
CBsOtkD.png

Gastropod Staff
  • Crystal Shard
    Crystal_Shard.png
    x25
  • Soul of Light
    Soul_of_Light.png
    x10
  • Shell Block
    Yy05rPN.png
    x80 (see below)
  • At a Hardmode Anvil
Damage: 28
Knockback: Weak
Info: Summons a miniature Gastropod to fight for you. They will float around and fire lasers like gastropods and Retiminis.

Yy05rPN.png
XsFm8mZ.png

Shell Block
Tool: Copper Pickaxe+
Info: Blocks dropped by Gastropods, dropping in quantities of 10-15 20% of the time. Used for building, can be crafted into a wall varient, and are used to craft the Gastropod Staff.

With these additions, Gastropods will have another reason to hunt down, even after you've made a staff for some (hopefully) pretty blocks to build with. What do you think?

Good idea, but won't She'll Block get mixed with Coral Blocks?
If you're thinking of coralstone, I don't think confusion could be too big a problem. Coralstone is for decoration, looks different, and is obtained in a completely different way.

As for the Suggestion, support. We definitely need more summoning weapons. Right now, I don't see too much of a reason they can't be as numerous as all the other types of weapons.

Y'know how the mobile version has Spectral Gastropods? Maybe it can cycle through each form, with Spectral having quicker firing, and the regular with more powerful lasers.

I already suggested the Gastropod staff and shells as material to make it.
Mephisto does not approve.

Back
Top Bottom