Squid's Underwater Cave of Art (Large pictures)

theoceansunfish

Skeletron
Welp, in my many years of living, I've done a lot of artwork. Some was good, some was bad, some was weird, and some was amazing (at least all in my opinion). Either way, I've done SOME artwork for Terraria, and do plan on drawing more artwork for this game that has consumed almost 600 hours of my life, and ongoing from there.

First off, I'll start here. From the first drawing of Terraria I did, and a redraw-sketch thing I did earlier in the evening.

218075_331131883649248_248258810_n.jpg

SlimeSketch.png

Then theres a drawing of the Beekeeper that I drew, a practice for weapons.

BeekeeperSketch.png
A recreation of the first time my friends and I went up against the Pumpkin Moon before it got nerfed:

NightofthePumpmoon.png

Chibi of my friend's character, "Rainbow Beetle Man"

RainbowBeetleMan.png

One night after some spoilers came out, I decided to go and draw what I will hope one of my Terraria characters will look like when 1.3 comes out:

IMSINTerraria.png

And finally, here's some misc fanart of mine:
Pallet11Octodad.png

Octodad done from a pallete challenge.

MedicSketch.png

Medic from Team Fortress 2

SoldierSketchwhat.png

Soldier from Team Fortress 2

DerickSketch1.png

Character of mine

So as of 11/14/14, I'll be opening requests.

At the moment, I'll only be taken five requests per week, as my time is limited with that. They can be Terraria related, or not if you so desire.

As of 7/23/15, these are the places you can see my more frequent updates
Facebook | Picarto | Deviantart | Tumblr

Colour Key:
Yellow - On Hold {} Red - Complications, PM me for details {} Green - Finished
Typically requests will not end up in red, though if I don't get back to you, please check the thread to see if they have been pushed to red. Somedays, I may end up pushing ALL requests to red. This is under the case that I may not have internet, am going somewhere, busy with school, ect. PM me and I will tell you when I might be getting back, so if you choose to remove the request, I can do so.

Requests:

1)
2)
3)

Completed requests:

TerrariaRequestSketch1.png

Darthmorf, as his scientist character

TerrariaRequest2.png

Szalia, Raiden

Last edited:
oh no it's one of my friends that I lured into the dungeon without them knowing of the dungeon guardian

Anyways, I've got some new art up tonight!

I finished doing the line art for "Night of the Pumpkin Moon". Not sure how I'm going to colour it yet, or if I am, but here it is.

Nightofthepumpmoonlineart.png

Also here are some projects I'm doing currently, and finished sketches and things.

WhatsreallygoingtohappeninDST.png

Willow from Don't Starve

SlimeSketchcoloured.png

Coloured Slime, it looks a bit like a cartoon or storybook.

I also found a drawing I did WAYYY back in August of 2013, when the 1.2 update was right on the horizon. And 1.1 was still a thing. Comparing it to some works I've done so far, I'm thinking of redrawing it.

the_blood_moon_by_melody_and_venom-d6ge1fg.png

Also speaking of redraws.. 2013 vs 2014

Timeisahellofathing.png

To be honest - I really like the style you're building up to with some of these drawings! It hurts my heart to say that you still need to keep improving your skills - cause it's really great! But some things could be better~

I hope a more talented and knowledgeable artist than me can come and give a more complete constructive feedback.
As I am not myself too experienced to actually know and understand what is wrong or not with some of your drawings, I can just leave my humble opinion.

I really, really liked this one though! It's amazing ^-^ I think you might need to put more effort into the backgrounds and landscapes :happy:

To be honest - I really like the style you're building up to with some of these drawings! It hurts my heart to say that you still need to keep improving your skills - cause it's really great! But some things could be better~

My goal is to continue practicing and getting better with artwork, each drawing at a time. I kind of "set goals" for myself, and that tends to work very well. Over the last summer was to get better at busts and faces, and I've definitely gotten better at those. Currently by the end of the year I'm thinking bodies (waist up), and hands. Those I plan to continue getting better with during the beginning of the new year (as long as the 1.3 update doesnt distsract me, if it's out by then:D). Backgrounds I'm not too sure of yet, hoping by Summer 2015 I can really start getting into them, but thank you for all the feed back!

So- I don't mean to bump, but I've opened requests to the general public! Anyone who's interested, please refer back to the main post in this thread.

I haven't done much art lately, unfortionately, and a good portion of it has not been Terraria. I'm going back to school next Monday, speaking I was out due to a chest injury, so I've decided five requests at a time is a decent portion for myself.

Another update- I have started my own personal series, on every two days I do a small recording of myself drawing. This is entirely to look back on my progress as a whole over the next year, and if anyone is interested watching, these are the first two episodes.

You're going to have to deal with my music choices, if you don't like them please just mute the video.

Other than that, I'll be off!
(and so the mods don't give me a warning, here's what I've decided to do with the night of the pumpkin moon picture so far, I don't think I'll be revisiting it this week, though I might choose to do so at a later time, or possibly redraw it further)

You want a critique?
Right now it's allright, I guess. I'm glad to see you got good, smooth lineart as I can't remember how many times I've said this to people looking for a critique on this forum lol.
While the lineart is fine, what they form may need some work though. I've looked through your Deviantart, and I can say that sometimes there are missplaced details, such as eyes or nose and such.
60MwTwP.png

Like this one. Have you heard of that thing.. uh.. this rule of where you place the facial features? Can't remember what it was called, but what it basically says that everything is placed relative to each other. Take a look at this picture here.
front1.gif

Now, the rules goes like this that the eyes are supposed to be placed in the middle like in this picture. When you draw a head, make it a habit of making lines, such as these. One that halves the head from top to bottom: that is where you will position your eyes. draw a line that halves the face again, just from the first one, the "1/2 way point": there the bottom of the nose usually sits. if you draw yet another line that halves the space between the chin and bottom of of the nose, you will know where the bottom of the lips are placed c:
As for the width of the mouth and eyes and such, I won't nag you about, as those usually varies greatly from artist to artist and for what style you're using.

Now then, I'd have to say this bluntly: You're afraid of the dark.
You're not shading enough. Or.. well.. you shade enough, but your shadowns aren't strong enough. They are way too subtle and are sometimes hard to notice. Be bold and challenge yourself to make the shading stronger! Or just copy the layer you shade on to get stronger shadows.. I donno.
Now.. after watching the speedpaint videos you put out there... Are you.. are you drawing by mouse..?? o.o If so.. gj I say, gj

I really like the style you're building up to
I do have to say that I agree with Samrux here.
While it's not at its best right now, the style you're starting to form is looking promising. Right now, it's reminding me of BechnoKid's style (which is amazing).
Keep it up (and get a tablet for gods sake), and you will make amazing stuff after alot of practice~
Boom, solid critique in yo face!
Take it to heart and do your best to improve~~ =w=

Now then, you're taking requests? *w*
Please, I want to see my adorable Raiden in your style!
lil Raiden reference.png
I don't have an updated reference for him, but I hope these quickly stiched together pictures will help 0w0
If you need further instructions, just pm me, though I don't think that will be necessary~

You want a critique?
Right now it's allright, I guess. I'm glad to see you got good, smooth lineart as I can't remember how many times I've said this to people looking for a critique on this forum lol.
While the lineart is fine, what they form may need some work though. I've looked through your Deviantart, and I can say that sometimes there are missplaced details, such as eyes or nose and such.
60MwTwP.png

Like this one. Have you heard of that thing.. uh.. this rule of where you place the facial features? Can't remember what it was called, but what it basically says that everything is placed relative to each other. Take a look at this picture here.
front1.gif

Now, the rules goes like this that the eyes are supposed to be placed in the middle like in this picture. When you draw a head, make it a habit of making lines, such as these. One that halves the head from top to bottom: that is where you will position your eyes. draw a line that halves the face again, just from the first one, the "1/2 way point": there the bottom of the nose usually sits. if you draw yet another line that halves the space between the chin and bottom of of the nose, you will know where the bottom of the lips are placed c:
As for the width of the mouth and eyes and such, I won't nag you about, as those usually varies greatly from artist to artist and for what style you're using.

Now then, I'd have to say this bluntly: You're afraid of the dark.
You're not shading enough. Or.. well.. you shade enough, but your shadowns aren't strong enough. They are way too subtle and are sometimes hard to notice. Be bold and challenge yourself to make the shading stronger! Or just copy the layer you shade on to get stronger shadows.. I donno.
Now.. after watching the speedpaint videos you put out there... Are you.. are you drawing by mouse..?? o.o If so.. gj I say, gj

I do have to say that I agree with Samrux here.
While it's not at its best right now, the style you're starting to form is looking promising. Right now, it's reminding me of BechnoKid's style (which is amazing).
Keep it up (and get a tablet for gods sake), and you will make amazing stuff after alot of practice~
Boom, solid critique in yo face!
Take it to heart and do your best to improve~~ =w=

Ah, much thanks! Any feedback and critque is help to me in the long run! To answer your question about the mouse, I'm actually using a wacom tablet, though sometimes I use my mouse to get a few areas that I cant with my tablet, due to the fact I have extremely shaky hands.

I will get to your request asap, I have a few things to do today, and I should be able to start it by tonight.

Nice stuff! I'll hope you'll join nearly every other artist here and draw me my scientist char! I have reference images in my sig.

I am SO sorry about how long it's taken, a few things have come up into my life, and I'm only doing a bit at a time. Darth, Szalia, I will get your requests done by the end of tomorrow that I promise.

I am SO sorry about how long it's taken, a few things have come up into my life, and I'm only doing a bit at a time. Darth, Szalia, I will get your requests done by the end of tomorrow that I promise.
Squid. Please. I am in that exact situation, and I just want you to know that there is absolutely NO rush. Take your time, get your stuff done irl, and get back here when you feel like it. Don't make these requests a chore, or else they won't be fun anymore =w= Look at them as a sidequest, and focus on your mainquest instead. Don't need to rush it, just have fun, man~

Both requests are completed, I do hope neither of you mind that they're sketches. HOWEVER, if you'd like me to line and colour them, please PM me about that o:

Now if you excuse me, I have art to dump:
Wantingstylebuthavingnotalent.png

DerickDalkosGayNerdBaby.png

GiallClorro.png

ApertureGill.png

Last edited:
Well, I've been playing ORAS all day and night at this point, but I've draw a little as well.
Curse you and your early release dates..!!! TT^TT
Still gotta wait a week before I can pick up mine. But since I preordered, I'll get a glorious steel case! *v* What did America get again..? Oh, right, 200 potions..
poke reaction - kyogre.jpg

poke reaction - Groudon.jpg

poke reaction - rayquaza.jpg

Oh gods yeah, America didn't get a good preorder lmao. I digitally downloaded mine, speaking I have a huge SD card. Game's wonderful though, it's gonna be great when you get it.

I did it. I finally tracked down a good majority of my artwork from the past, speccificly the time frame of 12 months. I present to you, November 2013 through November 2014.
one_year_of_art_by_queen_raven_and_crow-d87dib5.png

If picture doesn't work, perma link here.

Yeah that's about it for tonight. And today really. 8am here, I need to f**king sleep. Requests are still open, blah blah, yeah. Anyways, see you all in about 5 hours.

Its been a while since I updated, had a great thanksgiving(though I dont celebrate it). I currently have a new kitten, and its been living hell to keep the kitten in sight and draw. But to start my artdump off, here's something I've been working on:

Anideaofmynight_zps3faed745.png

I've also gone one up rather than just drawing, but to WATCHING THINGS while drawing.

These next two drawings are from an ongoing joke between my friend Shin and I.
Okay so back in Summer 2012 when my friend Shin and my to-be boyfriend Suri got this game, we were joking around stuff. At the time, I had Silver Armour, and my friend Shin had Copper Armour. Well. My friend Shin noted that the copper armour looked like it had a little spiny propeller hat thing on it, and it made him look like a five year old. Without second thought, he started jumping up and down saying "I. WANT. MILK. I. WANT. MILK." And through my laughing, I played the role of a "knight character", and typed into the hat "Kid WTF". That day I had been dubbed WTFKnight, and he was the little five year old.

Iwantmilkkid_zps48174200.png

WTFknight_zps0e8e2e44.png
Also have been working on some fan designs. Some are from custom RP universes, others are just characters.
AlWesker_zpscb55f966.png

FlorenceBassot_zps7c7f0370.png
And that's about it. Yeeee.

Anyways, I'm off to finish my video and go find another, and continue this sketch. Have a good weekend everyone, and do be safe in Black Friday!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom