Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

Running 1.3.3.3 on Win7.

Everytime I open the .exe, I get an unhandled exception. Added to that, the message appears to be frozen because clicking the X or CLOSE won't close it. I need to terminate it via task manager.

Why can't this Editor just be simple in installing. Always, if I try to run it, it says "TEditXna.exe doesn't work anymore"
and it spits out this details:

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: CLR20r3
Problemsignatur 01: TEditXna.exe
Problemsignatur 02: 3.8.16277.2218
Problemsignatur 03: 57f2d94b
Problemsignatur 04: SharpDX
Problemsignatur 05: 2.6.3.0
Problemsignatur 06: 5450f8ae
Problemsignatur 07: a4d
Problemsignatur 08: 14
Problemsignatur 09: SharpDX.SharpDXException
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 4cd7
Zusatzinformation 2: 4cd78688af36abf1733cc40cdbc1fe2f
Zusatzinformation 3: 95a6
Zusatzinformation 4: 95a60f79044d262c6ce1e3a50728bfce

I'm on Windows 7 x64

Why can't this Editor just be simple in installing. Always, if I try to run it, it says "TEditXna.exe doesn't work anymore"
and it spits out this details:

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: CLR20r3
Problemsignatur 01: TEditXna.exe
Problemsignatur 02: 3.8.16277.2218
Problemsignatur 03: 57f2d94b
Problemsignatur 04: SharpDX
Problemsignatur 05: 2.6.3.0
Problemsignatur 06: 5450f8ae
Problemsignatur 07: a4d
Problemsignatur 08: 14
Problemsignatur 09: SharpDX.SharpDXException
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 4cd7
Zusatzinformation 2: 4cd78688af36abf1733cc40cdbc1fe2f
Zusatzinformation 3: 95a6
Zusatzinformation 4: 95a60f79044d262c6ce1e3a50728bfce

I'm on Windows 7 x64
Have you tried deleting the whole thing and redownloading it?

I dont recommend using this AT ALL! Why?
I just was creating a bridge in my world to fight the wall of flesh but then when i got into the world there was lava in random places where there was not a certain type of block. It even F***** up my backup. Im pissed right now because i spent SOOOO LONG with this world and now, its unplayable.

I dont recommend using this AT ALL! Why?
I just was creating a bridge in my world to fight the wall of flesh but then when i got into the world there was lava in random places where there was not a certain type of block. It even F***** up my backup. Im pissed right now because i spent SOOOO LONG with this world and now, its unplayable.
TEdit creates backups of the world files as you go along, so you should probably be able to get it back.

Hello there

Been a really long time since I last used TEdi
Is it now possible to make a symetric map ?
I mean copy half, revert, past ? Does it still break all tiles and all that's in chests ?

Mostly looking to create CTG maps easily

Hello there

Been a really long time since I last used TEdi
Is it now possible to make a symetric map ?
I mean copy half, revert, past ? Does it still break all tiles and all that's in chests ?

Mostly looking to create CTG maps easily

Yes, use the Selection tool, Copy the selected segment, go into the Clipboard tab and click Invert X below the copied sprite.

It's not 100% perfect but it works. By memory, I know slopes, sloped stairs and common sprites won't mirror.

Yes, use the Selection tool, Copy the selected segment, go into the Clipboard tab and click Invert X below the copied sprite.

It's not 100% perfect but it works. By memory, I know slopes, sloped stairs and common sprites won't mirror.
I think he was wondering if it was perfect now, in that it wouldn't wreck things like sprites and such when you invert it.

Yep that's the thing, well I could live with broken slopes (had forgotten how it was called), but do chest content duplicate correctly or not ?

Symetric map for fair CTG would be nice !

Any timeline on when the next release will be available? I can't edit any of my new 1.3.4.1 worlds.

This is an amazing tool for the game that takes awhile to figure out all of its nuances.

I'm not lost without it but it make some of the tedious chores very tedious!

Last edited:
Any timeline on when the next release will be available? I can't edit any of my new 1.3.4.1 worlds.

This is an amazing tool for the game that takes awhile to figure outlaw of its nuances.

I'm not lost without it but it make some of the tedious chores very tedious!
I too would like to know when the 1.3.4 version is likely coming out, this new patch has a lot of new cool stuff!

upload_2016-11-17_18-3-59.png

updated for 1.3.4
and a few bug fixes....

took a couple of days..... posts less than 24 hrs after a game update asking when the app was going to update made me drag my feet

Back
Top Bottom