Terra Blade or Influx Waver

• Terra Blade

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Influx Waver

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

theblackkoopa

Terrarian
No seriously, I wanna know. I've played with the Terra Blade, great sword, but I could never get my hands on the pretty lil' influx waver. Dang martian saucers! But uh.. anyways, Terra Blade or Influx Waver, just tell me what you think.
(P.S: Arguments about the nostalgia factor that the Terra Blade gives the older players is a VERY valid argument :p)

The influx waves can deal more single target DPS. But I have rather preferred the Terra blade because of it's speed and having control over what I'm doing.

The influck waver doesn't 'pierce'. But instead it'll strike an enemy 3 times from a different corner. And those enemies targetting are random. Depending on how many targets there are.

Terra Blade is definitely better for casual use due to how predicable the beams are and how quickly they can be fired after a few swings building Beetle stacks.

If you're fighting off huge groups of enemies such as in an invasion though and want a weapon for that, I'd say just snag a Paladin's Hammer.

I found influx better, but more dangerous to use. In close range it destroys powerful enemies for a few seconds, such a pumpking or mourning wood.

Until I got some of the "better" melee weapons (stuff from Moonlord/luminite) I actually used both. Terra Blade is great for general mobbing, and most of the events due to piercing and speed. I would swap to Influx Waver for some boss fights, such as Plantera, since the multiple hits completely destroys anything single-target.

Terra Blade. It's faster and its projectiles pierce a few enemies. Influx Waver doesn't pierce.

Plus yes, nostalgia. After spending a lot of time working towards it in 1.2.4.1, I'm reluctant to let it go from my main character. My other characters have some newer and better weapons.

Back
Top Bottom