Builds TerraMonolith's 1.4 Journey builds (vanilla Terraria, no mods)

Residence - half & half design. First two floors are accessible and usable, third and fourth (attic) floors are purely decorative (3 valid "houses" in total):

13.95 Residence Half.png

Night view:

13.96 Residence Half Night.png

UP&DA example below:

13.97 Residence Half RAW.png

Version 1.13 of the building world is now uploaded, you can download it from the first/main page of this thread OR from the steam workshop:

This will be the last upload for my 1.4.3 world, there will be a brand NEW building world for the 1.4.4 version with many new and improved constructions AND all of the old builds will be transferred there as well (thanks to the amazing TEdit 😎 ). Happy building and exploring 🧗‍♂️

Logo 1.13 Frame.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. You are definitely one of my new favourite builders. I love the way you utterly transform landscapes, vary textures to make your builds pop, and use elaborate support structures to make builds look rooted and present. All the painstaking little details.... Goodness, what a mind. I didn't notice the note "no mods", so sincerely thought mods were in use to craft things like those excellent cannons. On closer inspection, I realized every piece is vanilla! 🙀 Also, you construct the best boats I have ever seen.

Thank you for your time, and for sharing your magnificent, inspiring work. It is a privilege to explore your world.

Wow. You are definitely one of my new favourite builders. I love the way you utterly transform landscapes, vary textures to make your builds pop, and use elaborate support structures to make builds look rooted and present. All the painstaking little details.... Goodness, what a mind. I didn't notice the note "no mods", so sincerely thought mods were in use to craft things like those excellent cannons. On closer inspection, I realized every piece is vanilla! 🙀 Also, you construct the best boats I have ever seen.

Thank you for your time, and for sharing your magnificent, inspiring work. It is a privilege to explore your world.

I'm glad that you enjoy the builds m8, and thank you for the kind words 👍

Re-forged my old base from 1.3 ("before" picture included below). 100% mob-proof (every unoccupied tile has Echo wall on it). Bed for the player + 2 valid NPC houses, for tenants of your choice. All crafting stations, furniture buffs and stationary buffs available. Extra storage for all needs, including furniture-set storage separated by chest-type and station. The "mine" below leads to the trans-map subway, with a hellevator shaft further below. Also did some Rubblemaker experimentation (for some reason the "bees" around the beehives disappear when I take a screenshot. There are echo-painted poo blocks there for the flies/bees, as seen in the thumbnails below):

14.10 Base Reforge.png

"Before" (the 1.3 version):

14.11 Base Old.png

Night view and de-echoed version in the thumbnails below:

14.12 Base Reforge Night.png <o> 14.13 Base Reforge DE-Echo.png

UP&DA and UP&DA + de-echoed versions:

14.14 Base Reforge RAW.png <o> 14.15 Base Reforge RAW De-Echo.png

Re-forged my old base from 1.3 [...]
Oh gosh yes. When I saw echo walls a few days ago, I started freaking out internally: You mean I can have natural empty spaces not be empty and vulnerable to monsters? OMFGJDFKLSJFKLJDFLKJFJ

Marvelous work as usual--thank you for sharing it with us! What a change from 1.3! Your custom trees are the best, and I love the addition of the beehive. Also, that kitchen is genius! Really appreciate how you gave a pipe and chimney to things like the glass furnace. Always an outlet for fumes in your builds. Bueno! I always feel like many of the crafting stations would pollute the vicinity in which they are placed, so I have long built workshops with extreme ventilation. Lends a sense of realism, something you implement to absolute perfection. :dryadhappy:

@TerraMonolith -- I am in love with your take on the Graveyard biome. You made something beautiful instead of creepy or spooky, and you integrated it with the castle in a very believable way. As I went through the build, I was narrating to my husband, and I suddenly exclaimed, "Oh my goodness, a royal mausoleum!" The enormous goddess statue makes the area feel at once present, otherworldly, and storied, just as such a space ought to feel. Those giant roses are staggering, as is what you did with various pieces to make the floral arrangements on the ground.

I was planning a temple with catacombs for my biome, not a dreary ruin, but a softly-lit, well-kept, and lovely place of devotion (probably using a fair bit of pearlstone brick for the sparkle). Your work has shown me great possibilities.

@TerraMonolith -- I am in love with your take on the Graveyard biome. You made something beautiful instead of creepy or spooky, and you integrated it with the castle in a very believable way. As I went through the build, I was narrating to my husband, and I suddenly exclaimed, "Oh my goodness, a royal mausoleum!" The enormous goddess statue makes the area feel at once present, otherworldly, and storied, just as such a space ought to feel. Those giant roses are staggering, as is what you did with various pieces to make the floral arrangements on the ground.

I was planning a temple with catacombs for my biome, not a dreary ruin, but a softly-lit, well-kept, and lovely place of devotion (probably using a fair bit of pearlstone brick for the sparkle). Your work has shown me great possibilities.
Thank you for the kind words and the high praise, I'm really glad that you are inspired by that build, it holds a special place in my heart. You are completely right when you called it "storied", however the story behind it is based IRL and is sad and tragic (let's just say that it was after the height of the covid wave and leave it at that). Regardless, you are also right for it being a royal mausoleum, also it is a memorial, the idea being exactly for a beautiful place (in-game) where the supposed inhabitants of the castle can lay their dead to rest in peace. Someone in r\Terraria asked me which goddess exactly it is, and I've replied - none, it is a silent, nameless guardian that is there to help souls pass on. That is why there is an infinity symbol hanging from the statue's shoulders. Anyway, make sure to post your temple when it is ready, I would love to see your design 👍. Good luck in your endeavors and have fun building 😎

Back
Top Bottom