Member-Run Project ~ Terraria 1.3 Findings Thread! [Spoilers Inside] ~

Supposedly it's 5% from any treasure bag from any hm boss, but I didn't come up with that number. And you get the entire set at once, similar to Halloween sets.

They have special abilities (?) In Pedguin stream or whatever he got one of those and the wings allowed him to hover... well not so special abilities but who knows

I'm not sure about that, mine's just a vanity set.

Also, the others weren't lying, the Solar Pillar adds are OP. Pro tip: stay on the ground to avoid the crawlipedes. Of course that puts you at the mercy of the other mobs, which are gnarly in their own right.

Last edited:
And oh hey, I found a thing! It's a Shark Tooth Necklace, which increases armor penetration by 5. I found it during a blood moon, so the best I can assume is that it's an event drop, especially since I didn't see which mob dropped it.

The Laser Drill from Martian Madness appears unable to receive the legendary affix. Dropped 20 platinum reforging it and never got better than Godly. Its range (+10!!) is unparalleled, but it's far slower than a legendary Picksaw.

That's because drills can't be improved with speed and size prefixes (sometimes knockback too if they have negligible knockback to begin with)

It's kinda a bummer since it makes drills inferior tools compared to pickaxes.

Also, regarding the Solar Pillar, it IS best to stay on the ground as much as possible. Crawltipedes will no longer be a threat in that case. If you're in expert mode, Srollers are your highest priority, as currently they can 1-shot you even with decent defense.

No clue. Fish some up and see what items you get!

Anyways,

While fishing in the snow biome I found a Balloon Pufferfish. Increases jump height. It was also a material and it could combine with an item called "Tsunami in a Bottle" to create a Sharkron Balloon.

Tsunami in a Balloon
is essentially a Cloud in the Bottle clone.

Update, I managed to find the pufferfish in a Corruption biome, so it's likely universal. :)

For those who've gotten a Tsunami in a Bottle, did you open the crate pre- or post-Hardmode? Obviously crates are usually best saved for Hardmode, but if someone decides they want to do a pure fishing run (seriously, I think it may be possible), it could come in handy.

@Flipz I have been opening crates pre-hardmode just to see the stuff, I have Tsunami and sailfish boots, both found in crates(i think), also im sure a pure fishing run is very possible, up to cobalt tier tools

@Flipz I have been opening crates pre-hardmode just to see the stuff, I have Tsunami and sailfish boots, both found in crates(i think), also im sure a pure fishing run is very possible, up to cobalt tier tools

Thanks, I went ahead and opened a few wooden crates and got it rather quickly. :)

Even combined with the Balloon Pufferfish into the Sharkron Balloon, the accessory is rather underwhelming compared to the other ____-in-a-Balloon accessories. Definitely intended as a VERY early-game solution, prior to acquiring the real deal from underground.

do you realise there are now at least 5 (jar) in a baloon accessories now? i wonder if they stack?

They do (or at least, all of them introduced before the update; I haven't tested the new balloon with my trusty sandstorm yet). ;)

Found a couple, bomb fish which are same a bombs, got them from fishing in the snow biome, but probably same in other biomes, sailfish boots found in wood crates which do exactly the same as Hermes boots, and the plant fibre guide which is an accessory that lets you collect vines to make the vine rope we saw in I.3 trailer, and finally the shark tooth necklace which I found on a blood moon, and let's you have +5 armour piercing

WOOT!!! i just got the starfury sword out of a sky crate

...I have to wonder, now, if perhaps the biome crates are intended to be means by which the treasure chest rewards are renewable? I'll fish up a few sky crates tomorrow and see if they seem to draw from the Skyware Chest loot tables, since that would likely be the easiest way to test.

Back
Top Bottom