Member-Run Project ~ Terraria 1.3 Findings Thread! [Spoilers Inside] ~

Yup and I've gotten both, yet I've still not gotten that dang Sextant I need for my Cell Phone. Fml.
I have got 2 Sextants and 3 Weather radios and 3 Fish Costumes... but no Fisherman's Guide, I feel your pain. ;(

Edit: Another sextant </3

Last edited:
Sorry if I say anything someone else has said. Here we go.

The light disc, which was an amazing weapon in 1.2, has now gone from 25 damage to 57.

There is a new drop from fishing crates that allows you to start the next day every week.

If you craft a light/dark key, you can put it in a chest and leave the chest to summon a mini-boss mimic.

There are 3 new drops from the hardmode Goblin Army enemy.

Anyone know if the new lunar wings are better then fishron?

The Solar Wings are basically Fishron+, and the Vortex Booster is basically Hoverboard+ (if that's more your style). The Nebula Mantle and Stardust Wings are relatively inferior.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436151287,1436150752][/DOUBLEPOST]
The light disc, which was an amazing weapon in 1.2, has now gone from 25 damage to 57.

What?
BRB, checking how Bananarangs work now...
They deal 55 damage, fire faster (I think), and have autoswing.
Well, I suppose buffing things that don't really need it is the thing to do now.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, butthe Razorblade Typhoon has been buffed as well. The usetime doubled, but it shoots two projectile per use. Also, the mana cost decreased by 2 (and the MPS is effectively halved after that because of the double usetime+double projectile thing).

The Solar Wings are basically Fishron+, and the Vortex Booster is basically Hoverboard+ (if that's more your style). The Nebula Mantle and Stardust Wings are relatively inferior.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436151287,1436150752][/DOUBLEPOST]

What?
BRB, checking how Bananarangs work now...
They deal 55 damage, fire faster (I think), and have autoswing.
Well, I suppose buffing things that don't really need it is the thing to do now.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, butthe Razorblade Typhoon has been buffed as well. The usetime doubled, but it shoots two projectile per use. Also, the mana cost decreased by 2 (and the MPS is effectively halved after that because of the double usetime+double projectile thing).

The Bananarangs have 14 velocity, Light Discs have 13. Light Disc has 14 speed, Bananarang has 13. The bananarangs can't autoswing from what I've seen, but I can't say for sure. (got this from official wiki)

The Bananarangs have 14 velocity, Light Discs have 13. The bananarangs can't autoswing from what I've seen, but I can't say for sure. (got this from official wiki)

Well, my Bananarangs were definitely autoswinging, so the official wiki needs to check again. And by fire faster, I mean usetime, not velocity; sorry I was unclear. I could just be noticing the difference between autoswing and clickspam though.

Edit: The Angler just gave me a Golden Bug Net, which cuts grass in addition to collecting critters. Bait collection will be much easier now.

Last edited:
So then I went to the Clothier because I was curious as to what he was selling right now, and he was selling Solar Cultist robes. I waited until night, and then he was selling normal cultist robes. Maybe there's some sort of time frame? I don't know...
Yes, at day the solar, at night the lunar, more on that below
First night of hardmode gave us a solar eclipse, along with being greeted with the message of "This is going to be a terrible night."
thx Terraria...
Wait. Dont you need to beat a HM boss for it to happen? Maybe someone used the new ítem

---------

Anyways, guys i wanted to tell you, a lot of stuff is already on the wiki Item ID list, i'll edit this so i can give you the link.
Here it is (2749-3600[end] is all of the 1.3)

http://terraria.wiki.gg/Item_IDs

2 other things:
1-in the ID List are 2 types of cultist banners (mage, ranger, melee) but as far as i know there are only 2 types of cultist (ranger and mage)

Another thing about cultist, there are solar cultist banners, any ideas about where they spawn?

2- by reading @Yoraiz0r profile answers, looks like the best way to farm strange dyes is placing on the surface(i dont think it works on space but who knows) moss on stone blocks, each at least 350 blocks away from each other(and any other dye material, like lime/sky blue flower) and way, the blocks should only be 1(but come on...who only places one?) and have a space of 1x1 on top for them to spawn (then again i doubt it, but thats what it should be).

With the world selection page, your tree has green and red or purple, ( Depending on if you have corruption or crimson )
But mine has a slight bit of yellow, anyone know what this means?

With the world selection page, your tree has green and red or purple, ( Depending on if you have corruption or crimson )
But mine has a slight bit of yellow, anyone know what this means?
It means that that world is normal mode, not Expert :)

Does the tree change at all when you completely purify the world, or defeat the Moon Lord? Also does it look any different on Expert? As far as I know, it turns a little Yellow once you're in hardmode, and half of it is red/purple depending on what evil biome you have.

Does the tree change at all when you completely purify the world, or defeat the Moon Lord? Also does it look any different on Expert? As far as I know, it turns a little Yellow once you're in hardmode, and half of it is red/purple depending on what evil biome you have.
No, no, and no. Having the tree change for the purity would partially negate its purpose as an indicator of that world's dark biome, and having it change for the Moon Lord would be kind of arbitrary, as the Moon Lord does not instigate a major change in the nature of the world. I'm not completely sure why they didn't have it change for Expert, as it would be a pretty good indicator of that.

No, no, and no. Having the tree change for the purity would partially negate its purpose as an indicator of that world's dark biome, and having it change for the Moon Lord would be kind of arbitrary, as the Moon Lord does not instigate a major change in the nature of the world. I'm not completely sure why they didn't have it change for Expert, as it would be a pretty good indicator of that.
I agree, just curious if it's the case :p

I'm not completely sure why they didn't have it change for Expert, as it would be a pretty good indicator of that.
I guess that's because it already says on the world selection menu whether the world's in expert mode or normal. It's even in red if it's expert, so yeah, that's a nice indicator by itself. :)

I guess that's because it already says on the world selection menu whether the world's in expert mode or normal. It's even in red if it's expert, so yeah, that's a nice indicator by itself. :)
I meant to imply that I didn't know why they chose to indicate it with text, as opposed to the tree, since they didn't indicate the Dark Biome nor Hardmode with text. That decision's sort of arbitrary, and it doesn't make a huge difference anyway.

Ah, I missunderstood it a bit.

Well I guess text makes it a bit more "understandable" right away when you look at it and see whether it's expert or normal. Tree as an indicator would be alright, but you'd have to know what they look like and what does it mean.
Whereas on the other hand world gen implies which biome is being created and you see what you're "stuck" with. I think it's alright, all in all. Tree for all of the 3 major biomes, and text for the world type. Though, that's just me. :p

I think the point of doing it as a tree instead of text is so that complete newcomers to Terraria have to figure out what Crimson/Corruption means on their own; it's a subtle indicator that's easily readable for returning players but somewhat hard to decipher if you've never played or seen anyone else play before.

Back
Top Bottom