3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

Is it the hardware? Is it the port? If anything, I can't believe anything any of you say unless you guys yourselves are professionals in this kind subject.

@Termina Moon They are talking about crashes in general, not just crashes in multiplayer. Some people have had crashing/corrupted worlds recently which is how this subject came up in the first place. To say "you don't crash because you don't play multiplayer" is a bit silly since many others are saying they crashed without mentioning multiplayer at all.

Whether it is a port issue or not, the hardware is STILL weak regardless. This therefore makes it very difficult to port the game over, I don't blame the Devs at all for the issues that pop up. The 3ds cuts back on many games, you can very easily tell how weak the console is by looking at over games too. I have encountered many glitches and slowdowns on other games less hardware extensive than this game is. Character's disappear and black screens happen when there is way too much going on on screen (and even then it has to be a lot, look at how many torches are in my base, there is a lot of animation going on there), there is a reason why Super Mario Maker reduced the amount of items and enemies you can put in levels now, the game still slowdowns when too much happens at once anyway. Terraria has to render and load data about the whole world though, not just a small level/area like all the other games do.

Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3, that game pushed the 3ds to the limit. It's possible to cause render issues to happen in that game if you move around too fast in the stage while lots of special effect animations play at the same time. Enemies or allies can turn into white...Glop...

Rune factory 4, it's possible for the game to crash if you hit too many enemies at once (using a super sized weapon that can hit all the enemies on screen at once). Let alone the other crashing issues this game has too.

Yes, the coding could be better. We know that because there are still other glitches around. Could we improve multiplayer further or stop the crashes fully? Stop the black screens and invisible characters? What would you guys know, seriously, what's your experience/Master's Degrees?

I also highly doubt that the game's issues come from the SD card, my card was so full on the old 3ds that I was missing half of my game library and I still had no issues with Terraria (old 3ds).

Look, I'm just sick of so many baseless accusations being thrown around. While it is possible that one of you could be right in the end, right now the arguments are getting a bit out of hand and I would rather move on. I won't say that "I would like to hear from the Devs themselves what their thoughts are", because they have said many times before what they think the issues are (for both the base game and the multiplayer), I highly doubt we need to read them again unless you guys just blanked out what they said before. The team is still working on the game, and it isn't easy when they have lots of other work and projects going on at the time too.

Either you just play the game, don't push the system to it's limits and try to enjoy yourself. Or just stop playing if you aren't having fun.

you have a point and I agree with some of what you said, but I have pointed out several times what points to this being a problem with the game and not the hardware. I am no pro of course but I have common sense and nothing points to it being a hardware fault so far. of course you can force games to crash but this game has crashed on me so randomly and in the small original worlds on my NEW 3DS, I can't see it being something I did. there is a problem within the game that makes it crash. also if it was a hardware problem bigger worlds would probably crash more right? because they'd be straining the 3DS more? but no, they crash the same... I'm sorry but that (and other things) points to bugs in the game code.

I know that because we love this game we want to defend the people who make it, but we paid for it and maybe more than we should have... the devs are still getting paid but it's not fair for us. of course they don't like seeing us unhappy either and maybe that team did their best, and I appreciate it... but it wasn't enough...

Last edited:
Your game doesn't/hasn't crashed because you probably don't play multiplayer. Because, if you did, I guarantee, before you progress very far your game would experience some problems. It would crash. How many hours have you played?

I've played enough of the game to know that if you play multiplayer, you will experience some very weird stuff. Crashes, mainly... but also weird sync issues. (player 2 won't be able to see any eyes or mouths on the WoF, for example). Or doors will disappear for the second player (which still happens sometimes despite the fixes in the updates). If Player 1 is in the sky at high altitude, and Player 2 is underground, Player 2 will have Wyverns and Harpies spawn underground...
Basically there's a long list of stuff that's wrong with the game and there's no denying it.

I've played the game single player and it's fairly stable... But I have had glitches where my character disappears and then the bottom screen disappears too, or glitches where my summons don't work, or... I could go on, actually... and yes, I play on New 3DS.

I'm with @plug313 on this one. The hardware is not a problem at all. With all due respect, it's just a crappy port. If this was handled by a, shall we say, more experienced team... then we wouldn't be having such widespread problems with the game.

The game was rushed out, is still missing core features and is generally quite messy. It makes me lose a bit of faith in the Terraria brand, which is unfortunate because it is, without a doubt a fantastic game. It's a shame this version didn't receive the care and attention it deserves.
It wasn't rushed out. A rushed game are the yearly made sports game. They tried to do the impossible and that IS what they did. Is it buggy? Yes. Does it crash? Yes. You want to know what is buggy and crashes? Skyrim. Where is that games hate? Making a sand box game with little blocks with different shapes, sizes, uses, and all that is not easy to make. I'm sorry multiplayer doesn't work but I'm talking singleplayer.

I mathematically estimate that with current drop chances, it takes an average of 40-60 pirate invansions to get a coin gun.

I have completed over 1000.

No dice.

Anyone else here have one yet, or do they not exist?

I mathematically estimate that with current drop chances, it takes an average of 40-60 pirate invansions to get a coin gun.

I have completed over 1000.

No dice.

Anyone else here have one yet, or do they not exist?
I got the coin and coin gun back in vers 1.03 , don't remember how many times did pirate invasion but wasn't a lot maybe in the dozens

When i try to catch animals on multiplayer someone elses world, they just dissapear. Dont go into my inventory
[doublepost=1484145075,1484145047][/doublepost]
I got the coin and coin gun back in vers 1.03 , don't remember how many times did pirate invasion but wasn't a lot maybe in the dozens
Can confirm this.

It is also needed to be remembered that everyone plays differently and accidents happen, so lets say that if someone turns off the game while its saving (Whether it would be on purpose or the 3ds ran out of batteries) (its an example), it may corrupt, it may just revert back as if the player didn't save, it may have saved
Also worlds generate differently, which means one player experiences crashes on one world but not on another world (I can say this is most likely true)
Lastly, are we aware if the player is using any cheating software of any kind on the 3ds (even just for other games), do I need to tell about the glitch in Sun/Moon where if you save in the pokemon center or battle tree with cheats on you game basically has to be started over from the beginning?
I had a 32 GB micro sd card on the new 3ds and it still has 159,481 blocks on it, so It can't be hardware
I'm sorry to keep continuing this little rant that someone else has, I'm just stating what I see about the situation EDIT: Sorry I and U is literally right beside eachother on the keyboard
hey @Deanzor any updates on what the team is currently up to? :)
I'm curious too.

So I have to be the one to ask. With the Nintendo Switch around the corner, do you plan on releasing Terraria for Nintendo's new system? It's basically a console/handheld so Terraria would be perfect for it, and it could possibly support online play and maybe please get the newer updates???

They may be working on a version for the Switch. Nintendo has stated that there are hordes of developers working on bringing games to the console, 505 Games or Pipeworks Studio themselves may be working on it as we speak but generally speaking, under an NDA, @Deanzor or anybody else wouldn't be able to confirm nor deny it. This is the business world folks.

They may be working on a version for the Switch. Nintendo has stated that there are hordes of developers working on bringing games to the console, 505 Games or Pipeworks Studio themselves may be working on it as we speak but generally speaking, under an NDA, @Deanzor or anybody else wouldn't be able to confirm nor deny it. This is the business world folks.

I'm so happy for the possibly of having both the latest Terraria and Minecraft on my Switch. ahhhh! (Minecraft is already conformed, by the way :passionate:)

I'm so happy for the possibly of having both the latest Terraria and Minecraft on my Switch. ahhhh! (Minecraft is already conformed, by the way :passionate:)
I wouldn't surprised if they do but that probably want be for a while. Deanzor said to me they can't do anything with it until it has been revealed which was just like 2-3 months ago which isn't very long. And I'm not hyped about minecraft switch. Lets be honest here. Is minecraft really that good un-modded or without a big server. I now that answer very well since i have the game on pc. It's best version.

I wouldn't surprised if they do but that probably want be for a while. Deanzor said to me they can't do anything with it until it has been revealed which was just like 2-3 months ago which isn't very long. And I'm not hyped about minecraft switch. Lets be honest here. Is minecraft really that good un-modded or without a big server. I now that answer very well since i have the game on pc. It's best version.

getting off topic but in my opinion vanilla Minecraft single player is still a very enjoyable experience! of course PC will always have the best versions of Terraria and Minecraft but that doesn't mean the console versions are bad.

getting off topic but in my opinion vanilla Minecraft single player is still a very enjoyable experience! of course PC will always have the best versions of Terraria and Minecraft but that doesn't mean the console versions are bad.
It's still not too bad, yeah, but hopefully it is appropriately priced like most other consoles, as most Nintendo Switch games are priced very high right now, a lot more than Minecraft should ever cost. Despite the prices, I am hyped and have pre-ordered the Switch

Back
Top Bottom