Terraria and Chivalry Cross-over Fan Art Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys!

This is my submission. Please click on the image because there are a lot of details in this image. ;)

Good luck guys! Let the best artist win :)

Cheers,
Megabro

chivalry_x_terraria_by_megabr0-d9w2t5e.jpg

I really wanted to do art that has Terraria's fantasy elements with Chivalry's realism and PVP gameplay; and also to combine the lore that incorporates the two different games (Terraria's creeping corruption and Chivalry's war between Agatha and Mason)

"The end justifies the means"
The Mason summoned the Ancient Cultist in hopes of power.
Sacrifice was needed for change.
As the crimson spread and the corruption raged upon the land,
Agatha sought for the aid of the Dryad to regain "peace".

chivalry_x_terraria_crossover_contest_piece_by_personatea-d9w5due.png

Click on the link for the full image quality

DA Link: http://personatea.deviantart.com/art/Chivalry-x-Terraria-Crossover-Contest-Piece-598194518?ga_submit_new=10%3A1458650882

Edit: removed the spoiler so my entry wouldn't get missed. It's really sad that videos can't be uploaded(I did play through this map a few times with many friends and it really turned into a fun thing).

Alright, here's my entry, wanted to wait a bit longer but best if I already submit it now instead of waiting and possibly missing it:
I do hope that this doesn't break any of the entry rules, if it does then please tell me so I can fix it:
E6WlpNN.png
http://i.imgur.com/E6WlpNN.png
Let me say a few Words about it:
When I first heard about this I didn't know much about Chivalry, so I checked it out to learn more, having the building and exploring aspects of Terraria and the multiplayer team fighting from Chivalry I got the idea to create this PVP Map.

So what is this exactly?
In this PVP Map, Red(left) is defending the gem from Blue(right). If Blue doesn't get the gem back to their base in the 10 minute limit Red wins, else Blue.
This map is made for 8 players because there are 4 classes on each team. Those classes are based on the Chivalry ones:
Scout
Based on the Man at Arms

Gold Armor

Accessories:
Shield of Cthluhu
Hermes Boots
Feral Claws
Obsidian Shield

Weapons:
Palladium Sword
Flamarang

The Scout is a fast class which can deal some good damage with it's sword and boomerang, however it relies on close combat and has low defense.

Just like the Man at Arms, you have some nice evasion skills with the Shield of Cthluhu, Hermes Boots make sure that you can run fast and the Obsidian Shield allows you to avoid knockback.

Originally he had a Platinum Broadsword(to fit more with the armor), Bone Armor & Bone Throwing Knives and a Machete, however those weapons were too weak, also the Shield of Cthulhu doesn't do any impact damage in PVP so instead I gave him the Obsidian Shield against knockback.

Berserker
Based on the Vanguard

Shadow Armor

Accessories:
Mana Flower
Nature's Gift
Mana Regeneration Band
Anklet of the Wind
(reforged to Arcane)

Weapons:
Mythril Sword
Magic Dagger

The Berserker is a well balanced beginner class, having decent armor, movement and weapons. You do have a ranged weapon, however it's range is limited.

Like the Vanguard I wanted to give a class that's the middle ground of all them, giving beginners a good choice. For the weapons I picked the Mythril Sword as a Greatsword and Magical Dagger as Throwing Knife.

The Berserker didn't change much, except for the added mana regeneration band(and extra mana) so it's mana pool for the magic weapon would recharge faster.

Tank

Based on the Knight

Crimson Armor

Accessories:
Paladin's Shield
Aglet
Band of Regeneration
Charm of Myths

Weapons:
Large Adamantite Waraxe
Sunfury

The Tank has high defense and powerful but slow weapons, with his shield he supports the team and doesn't take knockback, however he doesn't have many ranged options.

If the Description above sounds familiar to the Knight then you're right(pun not intended), just like him he's a rather slow class with low range and slow weapons, but deals powerful hits, easily able to finish off other classes, while having high defense and good hp regeneration.

The Tank stayed mostly the same except for the added regeneration bands.

Ranger
Based on the Archer

Necro Armor

Accessories:
Magic Quiver
Anklet of the Wind
Aglet

Weapons:
Tendon Bow
The Rotted Fork(Spear)

Other:
Grappling Hook
Magic Quiver
30 Hellfire Arrows

The Ranger has great movement, being able to access some Areas which the other classes can't and having far range, however it's Melee weapon isn't strong.

For the Archer I took the Tendon Bow, sadly Terraria doesn't have many different bow types(until the end game) and a Spear for close range. The Hellfire Arrows are there for though situations or if you see a tank getting near your position, easily allows to defeat him.

This class didn't change much either except for a few bow damage tweaks and adjusting the number of Hellfire Arrows.
Now about the Map, Blue's on the right side in the small castle while Red is in the huge castle to the right. On the way over you'll come across a fallen tower, the gate, a bigger tower which can only be reached and a house/cave. Would you rather take the quick but very space limited cave or take your time to get over the house while having to be careful about archers that are on the tower?
Finally you'll reach the bridge and the big castle, having many ways to get up to the tower where you'll find the gem that you need to capture. However the Castle dos have a few tricks, for one, via one switch the enemy can instantly close both doors again, they can also activate the bridge trap, toggling some parts of the bridge inactive for 3 seconds, or open up a wall to use for rangers, so it's definitely not an easy task.

Due this being a functional PVP Map I had to remove some design elements to make certain mechanics work, like the bridge being activated again after 3 seconds via a bird statue or the mana star spawners at spawn(because you don't respawn with full mana in terraria).

It's kinda sad that videos aren't allowed for this as it's definitely a fun map. I do plan to release this after the contest's over.

Last edited:
So... here is my entry. It's basically a realistic imagining of Shadow Armor.
This wasn't my first idea, my first idea was a full battle of these guys vs. Agatha Knights (I already sketched it), but school took my time and I put this together in past few days. Hope you like it.

"As the peace finally fell on Agatha, the kingdom was finally quiet. But the peace would only last as long as the last peace. The corruption was spreading. Everything in it's way would get corrupted or dead. Some people came obsessed with it's power and turned on it's side. They destroyed anything on their way. Not until the Son of Corruption, Scyllias, would rule the land."

son_of_corruption_by_wildbearart-d9x6z3q.png

Here is my DeviantArt post if you want to support/follow me: http://wildbearart.deviantart.com/art/Son-of-Corruption-599948342

It work is the best and largest in my life. It was hard... I know it is not the best work but drawing it was fun. Sorry for my bad English.
Эта работа самая лучшая и большая в моей жизни. Это было тяжело... Я знаю это не самая лучшая работа и я совсем не художник, но рисовать это было очень весело и круто!
Креативности всем

Attachments

• 20160330_223034[1].jpg
    20160330_223034[1].jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 558
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom