PC Terraria Boss Order [Expert Mode]

Khaelis

Plantera
What do you think is Terraria's 'natural' boss order in Expert Mode? I know the order is basically up to the player currently playing, but if you had to fight them in order, what do you think it would be? This includes invasion events.

For me it would be...
  1. King Slime
  2. Eye of Cthulhu
  3. Eater of Worlds / Brain of Cthulhu
  4. Goblin Army
  5. Queen Bee
  6. Skeletron
  7. Wall of Flesh
  8. The Destroyer
  9. Pirate Invasion
  10. Skeletron Prime
  11. The Twins
  12. Plantera
  13. Solar Eclipse
  14. Duke Fishron
  15. Golem
  16. Martian Madness
  17. Lunatic Cultist
  18. Moon Lord
  19. Pumpkin Moon
  20. Frost Moon

Last edited:
For me;
  1. King Slime
  2. Eye of Cthulhu
  3. Goblin Army
  4. Brain of Cthulhu(not really, instead I always go fishing for Reaver Shark)
  5. Queen Bee
  6. Skeletron
  7. Wall of Flesh
  8. Biome Mimics(they're important minibosses)
  9. Pirates
  10. HM Goblin Army(when needed for "Shadowflame")
  11. All Mechs(at the same night)
  12. Plantera
  13. Golem
  14. Solar Eclipse(usually with a Solar Tablet, prefer to happen itself)
  15. Martians
  16. HM Dungeon(doesn't hurt to add :) )
  17. Duke Fishron
  18. Lunatic Cultist
  19. Moon Lord
  20. Pumpkin Moon
  21. Frost Moon
You may get confused about "When the Brain of Cthulhu?", then my answer simply would be "Whenever I want" :) Really, it's harder than Skeletron for me, and also it doesn't provide any important development on the game progression.(Reaver Shark helps you not to waste 20 Hellstone Bars :p )

(Goblin Army and Pirate Invasion are not classified as bosses. King Slime is a miniboss, which I don't count either.)
1. Eye of Cthulhu
2. Eater of Worlds
3. Queen Bee
4. Skeletron
5. Wall of Flesh
6. Destroyer
7. Skeletron Prime
8. Twins
9. Plantera
10. Golem
11. Pumpkin Moon
12. Lunatic Cultist
19. Moon Lord
20. Frost Moon

This is my natural progression. This is not going off of having powerful gear before your first mechanical boss fight that would allow you to fight all three the same night. But this also includes not dying to any of the bosses.

Last edited:
What do you think is Terraria's 'natural' boss order in Expert Mode? I know the order is basically up to the player currently playing, but if you had to fight them in order, what do you think it would be? This includes invasion events.

For me it would be...
  1. King Slime
  2. Eye of Cthulhu
  4. Goblin Army
  5. Queen Bee
  6. Wall of Flesh
  7. The Destroyer
  8. Pirate Invasion
  9. Skeletron Prime
  10. The Twins
  11. Plantera
  12. Solar Eclipse
  13. Duke Fishron
  14. Golem
  15. Martian Madness
  16. Lunatic Cultist
  17. Moon Lord
  18. Pumpkin Moon
  19. Frost Moon
You forgot skeletron

My "first boss" solution is to break two Shadow Orbs, wait for a meteor, mine it with a Gold/Platinum Pickaxe, and make a set of Meteor armor and a Space Gun.
Then I break a third Shadow Orb and try to kill the Eater of Worlds with said Space Gun.
Brain of Cthulhu is not an option. Worm Scarf is much better than Brain of Confusion.

On the mechanical bosses, I go for Destroyer first, so I can make a Megashark.

(Goblin Army and Pirate Invasion are not classified as bosses. King Slime is a miniboss, which I don't count either.)
1. Eye of Cthulhu
2. Eater of Worlds
3. Queen Bee
4. Skeletron
5. Wall of Flesh
6. Destroyer
7. Skeletron Prime
8. Twins
9. Plantera
10. Golem
11. Pumpkin Moon
12. Lunatic Cultist
19. Moon Lord
20. Frost Moon

This is my natural progression. This is not going off of having powerful gear before your first mechanical boss fight that would allow you to fight all three the same night. But this also includes not dying to any of the bosses.

King Slime is a full fledged boss, complete with his own Treasure Bag. Mini boss is something like Paladin/Ice Golem to me.

@thread

It depends. I usually just face Eater of Worlds first with a piercing weapon for that worm scarf but if yours is a crimson world you can skip BoC altogether, get a Reaver Shark and just get Molten Armor. Crimson Armor looks sick but its not a must.

Recently my scale has been as follows
  1. King Slime (1st time fails usually because I'm not prepared most of the time and it spawns from Slime Rain)
  2. Eye of Cthulhu
  3. Goblin Invasion
  4. Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu (After Goblin Invasion since I wait for it to show up to get Spectre/Lightning Boots before these bosses)
  5. King Slime (Successful this time, can occur anytime between 2. and 8. usually)
  6. Skeletron
  7. Queen Bee
  8. Wall of Flesh
  9. Goblin Invasion (Hardmode)
  10. Pirate Invasion
  11. Mech Bosses (I fight them in random orders each playthrough, but Twins are usually last on Expert)
  12. Duke Fishron (Yes I'm strange, but it is easier than fighting Expert Plantera 1st for me)
  13. Plantera
  14. Golem
  15. Martian Madness
  16. Lunatic Cultist
  17. Moon Lord
  18. Pumpkin Moon
  19. Frost Moon
Even with Moon Lord/Lunar Tier gear I still struggle to get to Wave 15 in both Holiday Moons which is why I save them for after the Final Boss. Not having a specialized arena for them may be part of the problem.

Recently my scale has been as follows
  1. King Slime (1st time fails usually because I'm not prepared most of the time and it spawns from Slime Rain)
  2. Eye of Cthulhu
  3. Goblin Invasion
  4. Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu (After Goblin Invasion since I wait for it to show up to get Spectre/Lightning Boots before these bosses)
  5. King Slime (Successful this time, can occur anytime between 2. and 8. usually)
  6. Skeletron
  7. Queen Bee
  8. Wall of Flesh
  9. Goblin Invasion (Hardmode)
  10. Pirate Invasion
  11. Mech Bosses (I fight them in random orders each playthrough, but Twins are usually last on Expert)
  12. Duke Fishron (Yes I'm strange, but it is easier than fighting Expert Plantera 1st for me)
  13. Plantera
  14. Golem
  15. Martian Madness
  16. Lunatic Cultist
  17. Moon Lord
  18. Pumpkin Moon
  19. Frost Moon
Even with Moon Lord/Lunar Tier gear I still struggle to get to Wave 15 in both Holiday Moons which is why I save them for after the Final Boss. Not having a specialized arena for them may be part of the problem.

Warmth Potions may help against Ice Queen.

1. King Slime
2. Eye Of Cthulhu
3. Goblin Invasion
4. Eater Of Worlds/Brain Of Cthulhu
5. Queen Bee
6. Skeletron
7. Wall Of Flesh
8. Pirate Invasion
9. Mechanical Bosses (Destroyer being usually the first one)
10. Plantera
11. Golem
12. Duke Fishron
13. Martian Invasion
14. Pumpkin Moon
15. Frost Moon
16. Lunatic Cultist
17. Moon Lord

Tell me if I missed a boss/invasion (except Solar Eclipses).

0. Goblins
1. Eye of Cthulhu
2. Eater of Worlds
3. Queen Bee
4. Wall of Flesh
5. Skeletron/Brain of Cthulhu
6. Destroyer
7. Skeletron Prime
8. Twins
9. Duke Fishron
10. Plantera
11. Golem
12. Solar Eclispse
13. Lunatic Cultist
14. Moon Lord
15. Pumpkin Moon
16. Frost Moon

I normally fight skeletron after Wall of Flesh because it's harder for me than Wall of Flesh. The first 3 could be beat by simply a high defence while Skeletron/Brain of Cthulhu can't.

Then, for the three mech bosses, I normally fight Destroyer first as I think it's the easist one, but the other two can be swiched.

For Duke Fishron, as it can be cheesed with the help of a looped track and a mechanic cart, and the Tsnami is helpful for Plantera, I normally fight it after three mech bosses.

For the pirates and King Slime, I nomrally wait for their natual spawn, so they are not listed.

I normally fight skeletron after Wall of Flesh because it's harder for me than Wall of Flesh. The first 3 could be beat by simply a high defence while Skeletron/Brain of Cthulhu can't.
So usually you obtain the Meteor Gear very beginning and then switch to the Molten Gear?
Skeletron can also be beaten by using minecart systems, just run and shoot Hellfire Arrows with a Molten Fury, target the head immediately. On my fight the hands weren't destroyed but I was able to deal good damage.
Then, for the three mech bosses, I normally fight Destroyer first as I think it's the easist one, but the other two can be swiched.
Twins can be cheesed easily too, just make a box and then deal as much DPS as you can deal, be sure not letting the Spazmatism dash at you on his second stage.

So usually you obtain the Meteor Gear very beginning and then switch to the Molten Gear?

Yes, or directly to Molten Gears, depends on whether I'm lucky enough to get the Meteor landing. But I normally skip from the copper to gold armors.

Also, I normally use the Goblin Tinkerer with 5 warding accessories (all cheap ones, like copper, silver and gold watch).

For expert mode i used this order without listing all the rest, Skeletron was a progress barrier so i was relieved with Wall of flesh being easier. Coming back with adamantite was a breeze:
Wall of Flesh
Skeletron
Queen Bee

Skeletron
Queen Bee

There's your problem. Queen Bee loot is very strong and nice to have against Skeletron. Then again, you don't have much of a reason to go to the Dungeon after that so meh. Alchemy Tables and the Mechanic are still worth it.

For me it would be...
  1. King Slime
  2. Eye of Cthulhu
  4. Goblin Army
  5. Queen Bee
  6. Skeletron
  7. Wall of Flesh
  8. The Destroyer
  9. Pirate Invasion
  10. Skeletron Prime
  11. The Twins
  12. Plantera
  13. Solar Eclipse
  14. Duke Fishron
  15. Golem
  16. Martian Madness
  17. Lunatic Cultist
  18. Moon Lord
  19. Pumpkin Moon
  20. Frost Moon
Welp, ok

I'm rating this off of tons of experience

1. King Slime (because of slime rain)
2. Eye of Cthulhu
3. Brain of Cthulhu (crimson worlds)
4. Goblin Army
5. Eater of Worlds (corruption Worlds
6. Queen Bee
7. Skeleton (Beenades :D)
8. Wall of Flesh
9. Skeletron Prime
10. Destroyer
11. Pirate Invasion
12. The Twins (Spazmatism First)
13. Plantera
14. Golem
15. Solar Eclipse
16. Frost Legion
17. Martian Maddness
18. Duke Fishron (Harder than you think)
19. Lunatic Cultist
20. Stardust Pillar
21. Vortex Pillar
22. Nebula Pillar (0_o i hate it)
23. Solar Pillar
24. Moon Lord
25. Pumpkin Moon
25. Frost Moon

I think Skeletron Prime is a complete and utter pushover. i fight him w/ crimson armour and im just fine.
Destroyer is harder than you think and you should have nimbus cloud and shadowflame knife.
Eater is eh
Lunatic Cultist is eh w/ the cosmic car keys and a homing weapon like razorblade typhoon
Duke Fishron is MUCH MUCH MUCH harder than you think and you should have TONS of experience fighting him in normal mode before you even try expert mode.
Nebula Pillar is easy but the Nebula Floaters make it much more difficult without a ranged weapon (thats why vortex pillar goes first)

Yep thats it!
[doublepost=1458333436,1458333297][/doublepost]
Skeletron can also be beaten by using minecart systems, just run and shoot Hellfire Arrows with a Molten Fury, target the head immediately. On my fight the hands weren't destroyed but I was able to deal good damage.

Twins can be cheesed easily too, just make a box and then deal as much DPS as you can deal, be sure not letting the Spazmatism dash at you on his second stage.
Twins are a puhsover if you have megashark from destroyer. kill spazmatism first. Retinazers first form is easy to dodge
if retinazer is by him self, i never take a single hit even in his second form. fly up when hes rapid fire, move side to side when hes not.

Back
Top Bottom