"Terraria is a ripoff of Minecraft" comebacks

Terraria isn’t even a survival game. There’s no hunger system or endurance based resource management, and there is minimal penalty for dying on Classic and Journey characters (which are in fact the ones basically everyone plays). Many of what people call survival elements in terraria are actually sandbox elements which are a whole different thing, so Minecraft and Terraria aren’t even in the same genre beyond both being somewhat of a sandbox (but they also both lean into other genres so heavily that this comparison means basically nothing below a surface level anyway).

I think Minecraft is a great game.
BUT the community is very cringe
they constantly talk about diamonds herobrine and creepers
also always say terraria is a Minecraft clone even if they didn't play it

any way I would say

1. in terraria classes are more diverse than sword, bow, potion, wolf
  2. more bosses than 2
  3. more minibosses than 1
  4. better "impossible" enemy that is actually impossible during progression
  5. more vanity
  6. actual progression
  7. better looking weapons
  8. bosses are more diverse and different
  9. actual music for different areas instead of a constant soundtrack
  10. better building capabilities
  11. events
  12. unique weapons
  13. characters can be in more than one worlds
  14. you can't loose your house
  15. there is no enemy in the entire game that can make you quit because you lost you items because they blew up
  16. you can not know what to do because there is a guide
  17. chests don't explode
  18. economy system is better
  19. NPCs aren't annoying and can be punished infinitely
  20. your pets are immortal
  21. final boss is a lot more fun
  22. healing potion is easier to get
  23. boss drops help a lot more
  24. mods are more fun
  25. updates are always exciting because devs are always surprising us
  26. devs are more active
  27. accessorys
  28. stratigising for bosses it more fun and nessecary
  29. buffs are less expensive and are bigger
  30. special seeds
  31. creative mod is endgame
  32. scraggler is better than herobrine
  33. graphics are better
  34. better internal mechanics
  35. and finally does not need a third dimension to still be fun!
and that's my argument. I actually used this on some Minecrafters claiming terraria is a budget minecraft clone. they walked away before I could finish this argument.
although they are completely different games.

Minecraft is a lot like Starbound... without mods, the game is just empty and has very little to no content, except that Minecraft takes a lot more luck to actually get through the base vanilla game than Starbound because you have to find specific things to find and open the end portal unless you're a speedrunner.

But, once you mod the frick out of the game, it can be OK? I'm trying a huge modpack for Minecraft myself, and I can definitely feel the extra content making the game better.

But, you see, Terraria doesn't need a huge load of mods, it's awesome out of the gate just the way it is. Plenty of content for a playthrough to feel satisfying. You can use mods to add new stuff if you've already seen everything and want something new, but it's not required to turn an empty sandbox into something you can actually play with.

Back
Top Bottom