Terraria State of the Game - August 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... I'm gonna have to agree with the rest of the community on this one, it's certainly a good track, but it doesn't fit the Twins better than "Boss 2". I have to also agree that it's likely a much better fit for either Skeletron Prime or Destroyer, Twins are WAY too frantic and chaotic for this track. Hard Pass... 😟 🤷‍♀️

Note: I listened to the track like 8 times [three with my eyes closed, imagining the fight myself], just to be sure I wasn't being stubborn.

Yeah... I'm gonna have to agree with the rest of the community on this one, it's certainly a good track, but it doesn't fit the Twins better than "Boss 2". I have to also agree that it's likely a much better fit for either Skeletron Prime or Destroyer, Twins are WAY too frantic and chaotic for this track. Hard Pass... 😟 🤷‍♀️

Note: I listened to the track like 8 times [three with my eyes closed, imagining the fight myself], just to be sure I wasn't being stubborn.
Yeah, that's how I feel about the track.
Simply doesn't reflect what you'll feel once you see two eyes swarming and firing at you.

At first, I really liked the new Twins theme. I thought it was really cool how the higher repetitive synth represented Retinazer, how the lower droning synth represented Spazmatism, and I loved the callbacks to Boss 1 like at 0:57. But after listening to the track a dozen times and listening to it while fighting the Twins I don't think it's the best match. The Twin's fight has always been a chase where you are trying to get away from the constant dashing and Spazmatism's fire breath, and Boss 2 reflected this. The song has this constant forward motion, like the music is slightly ahead of the beat, and feels frantic even in the slower parts. The new theme is much more methodical and slow-paced, with the instruments always staying on beat and there being almost no syncopation.

I agree with the general consensus that the new track would be a much better fit for Skeltron Prime, it would fit the speed and deliberate nature of his attacks much better. However, I don't think it should be given to the Destroyer. Boss 3 was MADE for the Destroyer and perfectly matches the fight's slow and oppressive feeling.

Last edited:
У всех конечно море интересный идей для обновления. Но вот кто-нибудь помнит о наличии мини босса в пустыне? Я уже много лет играю в Террарию, но только на днях узнал о его существовании. Может разработчикам что-то сделать с ним? Просто какой от него смысл если о его существовании знает процентов 5 от общий массы игроков?

there should be some kind of 'magic bucket' made of all the bottomless buckets which would work similarly to the shell phone
maybe you could even fit the super sponge in there too so it would all be one item

I'll just add on to people's sentiments here about the twins song by pointing out that I felt the exact same way when the Duke Fishron theme was added. It's a really good song that captures the boss's personality, but it doesn't fit the actual, fast-paced battle. In an RPG or another game, it's like the song you'd hear BEFORE the battle, when you're meeting with the boss and the tension is building...

honestly I'd like to see something similar to the wulfrum acrobatics kit from the calamity mod, I like the idea of swinging like SpiderMan

honestly I'd like to see something similar to the wulfrum acrobatics kit from the calamity mod, I like the idea of swinging like SpiderMan
Don’t know if Terraria will ever implement this, but watch trailers of Terraria Otherworld and you’ll see they’ve played with the idea. Terraria 2 will likely have it

i hope we get world sided inventory before they stop updating this game, i really hate when im playing with friends and they start bringing items outside of the world :( or start bringing moon lord or late tiear gear items when we are before hardmode even, for this reason i can only play with a few friends, most people i tried to play eventually start doing this and i can't enjoy.

i hope we get world sided inventory before they stop updating this game, i really hate when im playing with friends and they start bringing items outside of the world :( or start bringing moon lord or late tiear gear items when we are before hardmode even, for this reason i can only play with a few friends, most people i tried to play eventually start doing this and i can't enjoy.
If this ever happened it would need to be a toggle or something for worlds you are generating for multiplayer. This would be a pretty bad idea to implement universally because that means you will never be able to go to another world to test something out in singleplayer etc.

I personally hate needing to go to new worlds to get stuff which is why I advocate for most things to be replenishable, but I still go to dummy worlds to test things out or w/e.

Redigit was like when he coded the piwfjgpiwogvboqwjgpobwongobhepvnuiewbbnovpnoewirbvopnweboivbopwenvunoeipngvupoeng seed ChippyGaming mentioned in his video:

The item frame is not on a wall…it is hanging. Also there is an aether table lamp…new unnoticed things…FYI.

Attachments

• IMG_0691.png
    IMG_0691.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0635.png
    IMG_0635.png
    1 MB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom