Biomes & Nature The Deep Space Layer!

ANejat🌈🪨

Torch God
My idea is the Deep Space layer! It's unlocked after defeating golem and it's straight up space... You can't breathe in it and your movement is significantly changed because of being off gravity. The layer has a large supply of meteorite and some lunar stone in equivilent colour to your world's moon colour. The lunar stone is a special type of stone which changes color in blood/frost/pumpkin moons... The layer would have a lot to dig, fight, build and explore.
DIG
Like my reference right above, it should have a large supply of new and rare ores. It could also have a new dirt and grass set!
FIGHT
You probably wouldn't be able to add very fun bosses, but you could add fun mechanics such as a celestial slime or a better set of meteorite enemies. Perhaps some lunar elementals and mini-flow invaders?
EXPLORE
Your new layer has to have a lot to explore INCLUDING it's own ruined houses made of martian conduit plating or something like that. I think it's a good idea to be able to find its own NPC, but it's also weird that someone got that far before Golem got beaten. Perhaps the NPC is an alien, like a martian... There must also be a special achievement for reaching the true upper bounds of Terraria called "off the orbit".
pixil-frame-0-1.png

And, don't forget to add its own fishing crates! :nursewink:
BUILD
This is possibly the most epic Idea so far, but tou really need to make sure that the cyborg sells stuff that actually matter like gravity stations and oxygenators! Perhaps they work with fuels, to prevent free oxygen but it doesn't really matter... They would give the effects in deep space if they're surrounded by safe walls and blocks in a [insert number] feet radius. The deep space layer has to be cyborg and painter's favourite biome, too! (if they can breathe)

I've spent tons of effort in this, so please judge this honestly because I really need to know how this sounds to you!

Last edited:
I had a similar Idea (Rocket Martian (space enemy)) but going as far as to extend space further upward, having absolutely no gravity with infinite drift, and making it unbreathable and requiring a spacesuit armorset perhaps sold by the cyborg post golem are all really cool ideas. I suppose you could fly up there without it, but your breath would be drained rapidly, and aquatic accessories would not help in extending it.

And of course, meteorite planetoids with perhaps a hardmode use for them, and some sort of new space ore for all sorts of space/martian tech would be cool too. Not sure about the grass/houses part though.

Other ideas could include black holes that strongly pull anything nearby towards it, and if you are pulled into its center, you very rapidly take crushing damage and fade out of existance with a new death message. If you are in space and suddenly start drifting to one side... fly like your life depends on it, becuase it does.

For enemies, perhaps a stronger variant of the meteor head, and a space slime made of some purple or green ooze? And my rocket martian mentioned above

As for a boss, perhaps some sort of space fleet/armada with galaga style dive bombing ships, lasers from all sides, proton torpedoes that arc then explode in a radius, and a tractor beam to stop your movement.

Edit, now posted: Biomes & Nature - My Space Biome Ideas

Last edited:
I had a similar Idea (Rocket Martian (space enemy)) but going as far as to extend space further upward, having absolutely no gravity with infinite drift, and making it unbreathable and requiring a spacesuit armorset perhaps sold by the cyborg post golem are all really cool ideas. I suppose you could fly up there without it, but your breath would be drained rapidly, and aquatic accessories would not help in extending it.

And of course, meteorite planetoids with perhaps a hardmode use for them, and some sort of new space ore for all sorts of space/martian tech would be cool too. Not sure about the grass/houses part though.

Other ideas could include black holes that strongly pull anything nearby towards it, and if you are pulled into its center, you very rapidly take crushing damage and fade out of existance with a new death message. If you are in space and suddenly start drifting to one side... fly like your life depends on it, becuase it does.

For enemies, perhaps a stronger variant of the meteor head, and a space slime made of some purple or green ooze? And my rocket martian mentioned above

As for a boss, perhaps some sort of space fleet/armada with galaga style dive bombing ships, lasers from all sides, and a tractor beam to stop your movement.
Fun fact: I was actually inspired by your rocket martians idea! I thought how it would be more logical if rocket martians spawned even above the known space layer and there I got the idea of Deep Space!

My idea is the Deep Space layer! It's unlocked after defeating golem and it's straight up space... You can't breathe in it and your movement is significantly changed because of being off gravity. The layer has a large supply of meteorite and some lunar stone in equivilent colour to your world's moon colour. The lunar stone is a special type of stone which changes color in blood/frost/pumpkin moons... The layer would have a lot to dig, fight, build and explore.
DIG
Like my reference right above, it should have a large supply of new and rare ores. It could also have a new dirt and grass set!
FIGHT
You probably wouldn't be able to add very fun bosses, but you could add fun mechanics such as a celestial slime or a better set of meteorite enemies. Perhaps some lunar elementals and mini-flow invaders?
EXPLORE
Your new layer has to have a lot to explore INCLUDING it's own ruined houses made of martian conduit plating or something like that. I think it's a good idea to be able to find its own NPC, but it's also weird that someone got that far before Golem got beaten. Perhaps the NPC is an alien, like a martian... There must also be a special achievement for reaching the true upper bounds of Terraria called "off the orbit".
View attachment 410876

And, don't forget to add its own fishing crates! :nursewink:
BUILD
This is possibly the most epic Idea so far, but tou really need to make sure that the cyborg sells stuff that actually matter like gravity stations and oxygenators! Perhaps they work with fuels, to prevent free oxygen but it doesn't really matter... They would give the effects in deep space if they're surrounded by safe walls and blocks in a [insert number] feet radius. The deep space layer has to be cyborg and painter's favourite biome, too! (if they can breathe)

I've spent tons of effort in this, so please judge this honestly because I really need to know how this sounds to you!
Ooo, this sounds really cool!

I think the layer should be explorable at a different point of progression so the player would have a better reason to explore it since Post-Plantera and Golem unlocks a lot of new events, bosses, weapons, and etc.

It should be available when a player starts the world, but they should be discouraged to do so until late Pre-HM or early HM.

My favorite idea here is the lunar stone block. It'd make a great near-endgame building block

I think the layer should be explorable at a different point of progression so the player would have a better reason to explore it since Post-Plantera and Golem unlocks a lot of new events, bosses, weapons, and etc.

It should be available when a player starts the world, but they should be discouraged to do so until late Pre-HM or early HM.

My favorite idea here is the lunar stone block. It'd make a great near-endgame building block
Perhaps it would work similarly to the abyss in the Calamity mod where it is hard to survive early in the game but the further you get into the game, the more you can explore.

Back
Top Bottom