NPCs & Enemies The Enchanted Weapons: Adding a Cool Feature

Enchanted Sword, Cursed Hammer, and Crimson Axe. They look totally badass. And they don't drop anything. Well, except nazars. I mean, I don't know about you, but I would sure love to be able to wield those weapons rather than have them possessed by ghosts and trying to kill me. Here is a small change I propose.

Cursed Hammer
Addition to the Drop Table: Shadow Hammer 0.5%

Crimson Axe
Addition to the Drop Table: Bloodlust Axe 0.5%

Enchanted Sword
Addition to the Drop Table: Fakalibur 0.5%

Here is the description of each of these weapons. Sprites coming soon. Essentially all but Fakalibur are just the enemy but without a glowing aura.

Shadow Hammer
Damage: 36 melee
Knockback: strong
Attack Speed: slow
Tool Power: 70% Hammer
Details: throws a slow-moving, spinning hammer projectile. Projectile is very large and can pierce 3 times, but fades after travelling ~15 blocks. Can't go through blocks.

Bloodlust Axe
Damage: 42 melee
Knockback: average
Attack Speed: moderately slow
Tool Power: 50% Axe
Details: launches a moderate-speed axe projectile that spins. Projectile can't pierce or travel through blocks, but can travel about a 30-block distance.

Fakalibur (Fake Excalibur)
Damage: 38 melee
Knockback: weak
Attack Speed: moderately fast
Details: launches a sword projecitile that acts like a large Throwing Knife; it flies a short distance in a straight line before starting to spin, at which point it is affected by gravity. Can't pierce or go through blocks.

Just a small, fun suggestion. If it needs balancing tweaks feel free to tell me, I am pretty open to change. What do you think?
Seems interesting. I'll make some sprites later on, you know, for visual aid.

I like the idea, but I think the drop rate may be too low? 0.5% is equivalent to banners, and after eight months of playing Terraria, I have only a single Cursed Hammer banner (and none of the other two).

There are many things with much lower drop rates. Like the Beam Sword at 0.2%. I'm gon a leave it there, because once I got a Beam Sword on the first day of Hardmode.
It's not ULTRA rare.
True, but some (most?) other rare items are somewhat farmable or the enemies are more common. E.g. Armoured Skeletons for Beam Swords (hope I remembered correctly) are fairly common, so you'll probably find one during the normal course of travels. But to the best of my knowledge, there's no way to really compel the enchanted weapons to spawn.

I'm not going to go into balancing stuff -- which I know little about; maybe it's rare because it's strong at the time it's obtainable -- but I personally prefer 'fair' drop rates. I still like the idea regardless of drop rate. :)

Back
Top Bottom