Votes: 7 17.5%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dayum, dat trap not cool at all

• I have input!

• Total voters
After reading @SzGamer227's hell hazards and having my very own Active Volcanic Stone Active_Volcanic_Stone.png featured in it, I had an idea for a new kind of hell trap. It's basically a little brother to the Flame Trap of arena fame!

Hellfire_Trap.png
Hellfire Trap
  • Sprays a short burst of flames
  • 5 second cooldown
  • 13-19 damage per hit, also burns target
  • Found in Hell Houses (both obsidian and hellstone, though it is more common in hellstone)
Thoughts? Input? Does it need some balancing? Does it look cool?

Seeing as I just started making weapons based on traps, I will support this.
On another note, what direction does it shoot?

This is a new trap. Nobody said suggestions must conform.
'twould be interesting if traps did have pick requirements, though. These Hellfire Traps could require Molten, and Lihzahrd Traps could require a Picksaw (that is, if we add a suggestion by @ppowersteef for the Golem to always drop the Picksaw the first time).
That is still something that belongs in a different suggestion thread...

Also, Baconfry, don't you remember this?
Picksaw.png
For starters, Lihzahrd Traps are easily exploited for cheesing the Golem. There's an easy way to fix that: Make a Picksaw a requirement for mining up and destroying them (just the Traps, not the pressure plates). This brings up another issue: The Picksaw is entirely to hard too come across for a Pickaxe upgrade. Instead of being part of the standard drop table, it should have an independent drop rate of 50%, making the other items easier to come across and reducing Golem grinding in general.

I agree that these traps should require Molten, since they're a little strong for something not Underworld or higher. Also the Picksaw suggestion.

Another hazard that i would like to see too is new hazards for dungeon
Green/pink/blue dungeon dart trap
more wheels as i saw in a thread...

After reading @SzGamer227's hell hazards and having my very own Active Volcanic Stone View attachment 30526 featured in it, I had an idea for a new kind of hell trap. It's basically a little brother to the Flame Trap of arena fame!

View attachment 30527 Hellfire Trap
  • Sprays a short burst of flames
  • 5 second cooldown
  • 13-19 damage per hit, also burns target
  • Found in Hell Houses (both obsidian and hellstone, though it is more common in hellstone)
Thoughts? Input? Does it need some balancing? Does it look cool?
Hey, could I add this to my trap based weapons Thread? Giving you credit of course?

Support, would definitely add some extra "O:red:WHATTHE:red:WASTHAT" to Hell (not like it was lacking any, I'm sure most of you died the majority of the time you spent in Hell when you were new)

I'm thinking that it should have a higher frequency in Hellstone houses than Obsidian ones. Just makes more sense, since they're both fortress and fit its palette.

Back
Top Bottom