Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I don't know why there is music but not NO sound or ambient. I tried other games and they are working fine. im using a Mixer (Elgato : Wave Link).
Tried to reinstall , verify integrity of game files , updated all drives and even reset my whole PC but nothing is working.
Please help.

Thank you

Hey @just_fai, sorry to hear you're having sound problems!

Could you check your config.json file (found in Documents/My Games/Terraria) and check if VolumeSound and VolumeAmbient are set to 1.0 (or at least any number higher than 0). If so, do you happen to have multiple active playback devices connected to your PC? For example, both a headset and a set of speakers?

@

@Kazzymodus I checked config.json volumesound and volumeambient are set 1.0.​

in regards for multiple active playback I only use my headsets but I do have multiple playback devices that are not in use
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (2).png

Last edited:
@

@Kazzymodus I checked config.json volumesound and volumeambient are set 1.0.​

in regards for multiple active playback I only use my headsets but I do have multiple playback devices that are not in useView attachment 468497View attachment 468498
Could you check which of those playback devices are outputting Terraria's audio when Terraria is running? We've had limited reports before of music and sound/ambient being played on different playback devices, so this might be what's happening to you as well.

Could you check which of those playback devices are outputting Terraria's audio when Terraria is running? We've had limited reports before of music and sound/ambient being played on different playback devices, so this might be what's happening to you as well.
the game output is on a mixer that's connected to my headset.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    298.8 KB · Views: 12
the game output is on a mixer that's connected to my headset.
My theory is that the game is also outputting to a second channel, for unknown reasons.

Do you have any resource packs enabled at all? Even ones that don't contain music.

Might be unrelated, but if an audio device is disconnected while terraria is running in an unselected window it will refuse to output audio into any device unless restarted.

As extra information, does the audio work with any other audio devices..? E.g. The audio works on speakers but not headphones.

Back
Top Bottom